Windows 10: Win 10 shuts down when Idle

Discus and support Win 10 shuts down when Idle in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Win 10 Home shuts down when Idle I see people have been having this same issue for years without any successful solution. I too have tried all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RoscoJones, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Win 10 shuts down when Idle

Win 10 Home shuts down when Idle

I see people have been having this same issue for years without any successful solution.

I too have tried all the tips & tricks without success.

This issue is fairly new for my PC. Never had this happen until a few months ago.

It is very annoying having to make sure anything running gets saved before I walk away for a few minutes.

It is a big waste of time having to restart and reopen everything.

On a different note, createexplorershellunelevatedtask adds 179 seconds to my startups.

This is something I do not see a need for, but can't get rid of.

Again, I do not expect any solutions to be found as people have been complaining about both of these for some time.

I need a miracle to happen and have someone find solutions that work.

:)

RoscoJones, Sep 15, 2020

2. Computer shuts down when idle

You're getting a little closer to finding the rogue program. It not only shuts down Windows when idle but it also interferes with msconfig. The next step is obvious: Run msconfig while in Safe Mode.

Frederik Long, Sep 15, 2020
  3. win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Sep 15, 2020
  4. JanVail2 Win User

Win 10 shuts down when Idle

Windows 10 shutting down at idle

My computer shuts down when left idle for 3 minutes or so. I have set all the settings to NEVER turn off. It still does. I can be working on something and thinking, then I have to log back in to continue. This is very frustrating. I have tried all
    the suggestions on resetting the power settings. Can you help?

JanVail2, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 shuts down when Idle

1. Win 10 shuts down when Idle - Similar Threads - shuts down Idle

2. Computer shuts down if idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down if idle: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r8dt5z3q0morbc5ts81j0/event.evtx?rlkey=ju0gp4jevtc45n0isndgkj663&dl=0Here is the events happening before the computer crashed. I noticed that it always starts with the screen flickering,...
  3. Computer shuts down if idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shuts down if idle: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r8dt5z3q0morbc5ts81j0/event.evtx?rlkey=ju0gp4jevtc45n0isndgkj663&dl=0Here is the events happening before the computer crashed. I noticed that it always starts with the screen flickering,...
  4. Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle: Hello,I'm asking a question because I tried all the methods I found here.I'm trying to fix a problem on an Asus k551ln that shuts down instead of going to sleep when let idle. I tried a lot of methods running troubleshooting, reinstalling fully clean windows, powercfg...
  5. Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle: Hello,I'm asking a question because I tried all the methods I found here.I'm trying to fix a problem on an Asus k551ln that shuts down instead of going to sleep when let idle. I tried a lot of methods running troubleshooting, reinstalling fully clean windows, powercfg...
  6. Laptop shuts down instead of sleep when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. New Win 10 Pro, shutting down after long idle time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Win 10 Pro, shutting down after long idle time: Last week I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 3583 with Windows 10 Home (S). I have removed the "s" restriction and upgraded to Pro. I have set 'sleep' when on A/C power to 'never'. Yet, when it is idle for several hours - like overnight - it appears to be powered off. It...
  8. Computer shuts down when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when idle: Hi. Right after installing yesterday’s Windows Updates, my computer started shutting down after being idle (or as soon as the screensaver came on). I’ve run Avast! and Maleware Bytes — both are clear, and I’ve tried clearing my browsers’ cache. Nothing seems to work....
  9. why does My Windows 10 shuts down when idle?

in Windows 10 Support
    why does My Windows 10 shuts down when idle?: Hello friends, I have windows 10 Pro (1703 build) running on HP 820G2 laptop with latest drivers and updates. I also have Kaspersky internet security latest version which shows no threats on my laptop. There's no problem on my laptop except for its automatically shuts down...
  10. Computer shuts down when idle?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when idle?: have made sure that all the settings i can find in power options for shutting the PC down when idle are either set to never or disabled but must have missed something somewhere? after 20 minutes or so the PC shuts itself off..... any ideas? I originally suspected a non...