Windows 10: win 10 - shutting down and restart

Discus and support win 10 - shutting down and restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; why my windows 10 take so much time to shutdown and restart ? i have a 480 gb ssd, 32 gb ram, kaspersky internet security,all updates done. any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fjabrantes, Jun 18, 2017.

1. win 10 - shutting down and restart

why my windows 10 take so much time to shutdown and restart ?

i have a 480 gb ssd, 32 gb ram, kaspersky internet security,all updates done.

any fix to resolve this ?

bye

:)

fjabrantes, Jun 18, 2017

2. win 10 shuts down and restarts immediately

win 10 shuts down and restarts

CharlesConnoy, Jun 18, 2017
  3. Win 10 hangs on restart and shutdown

new pc with win 10 preinstalled gets stuck shutting down or restarting

Michael Wilson, Jun 18, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

win 10 - shutting down and restart

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

6) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

7) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

Evaluate the performance on your computer in clean boot during typical use. Are the boots faster or slower? Are the shutdowns faster or slower? Continue using clean boot indefinitely to monitor performance.

If the above steps have only a small impact there are additional steps for troubleshooting

zbook, Jun 27, 2017
Thema:

win 10 - shutting down and restart

1. win 10 - shutting down and restart - Similar Threads - shutting down restart

2. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  3. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  4. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  5. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  6. shut down sound win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shut down sound win 10: I have a problem with win 10everything works fine all day i play games without problems but every day at 3 pm you hear the sound as if the power is going off but it doesn't turn off pcevery day at the same timea mysterious problemdoes anyone have any advicei havessd 120gram...
  7. Win 10 not restarting when restart iselected, does a shut down instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 not restarting when restart iselected, does a shut down instead: I can initiate a shut down and then manually restart my PC/Windows in the usual way. I can log off and on again. And I even seem to be able to launch a restart from the log-in screen if I've logged out. But within Windows START-POWER-RESTART fails and my PC goes into a normal...
  8. Chrome shuts down Win 10 and restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome shuts down Win 10 and restarts: Generally I have no problems with Win 10 2004 or Chrome but when using Chrome today my PC suddenly shut down and restarted for no apparent reason. On restart, as soon as I tried to go to Chrome it again shut down and restarted. After second restart I first opened Outlook...
  9. Win 10 hangs restarting or shutting down

Win 10 hangs restarting or shutting down: I have replaced a HDD in a NAS unit and another in my Humax recorder and I find that if I try to use the Windows WSL feature to edit and format these drives as EXT3, my laptop refuses to shut down/restart. I have to force a shut down with a 30sec press of the on/off switch....
  10. Windows 10 Shut down and restart

Windows 10 Shut down and restart: Shut down and restart not working in Windows 10. Everytime I had to press power button to shut down. Battery drains even after powering off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down-and-restart/a8c8a9f1-3591-4bf4-aa54-c2301f899a7e