Windows 10: win 10 - shutting down and restart

Discus and support win 10 - shutting down and restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; why my windows 10 take so much time to shutdown and restart ? i have a 480 gb ssd, 32 gb ram, kaspersky internet security,all updates done. any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fjabrantes, Jun 18, 2017.

1. win 10 - shutting down and restart

why my windows 10 take so much time to shutdown and restart ?

i have a 480 gb ssd, 32 gb ram, kaspersky internet security,all updates done.

any fix to resolve this ?

bye

:)

fjabrantes, Jun 18, 2017

2. win 10 shuts down and restarts immediately

win 10 shuts down and restarts

CharlesConnoy, Jun 18, 2017
  3. Win 10 hangs on restart and shutdown

new pc with win 10 preinstalled gets stuck shutting down or restarting

Michael Wilson, Jun 18, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

win 10 - shutting down and restart

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

6) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

7) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

Evaluate the performance on your computer in clean boot during typical use. Are the boots faster or slower? Are the shutdowns faster or slower? Continue using clean boot indefinitely to monitor performance.

If the above steps have only a small impact there are additional steps for troubleshooting

zbook, Jun 27, 2017
Thema:

win 10 - shutting down and restart

1. win 10 - shutting down and restart - Similar Threads - shutting down restart

2. Windows 10 shutting down/restarting symbol

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 shutting down/restarting symbol: When a user shuts down/restart the laptop/desktop it shows "Shutting Down/Restarting with a circular on top going on a circular motion. I don't see that anymore after I think when I installed the update from Windows Update on 04/10/2019 (KB4524147). Can someone please verify...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop will not restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Desktop will not restart or shut down: Two days ago I noticed that I could not shut down or restart. Sleep still worked. I searched for a solution and found the DISM and sfc sequence. I tried to open a command prompt as administrator and it would not open, but after some time, perhaps 5 minutes, it did open. I ran...
  4. Windows 10 Shut down and restart

Windows 10 Shut down and restart: Shut down and restart not working in Windows 10. Everytime I had to press power button to shut down. Battery drains even after powering off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down-and-restart/a8c8a9f1-3591-4bf4-aa54-c2301f899a7e
  5. Win 10 won't shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 won't shut down: After new hard drive installation...Win 10 will not shut down. My old hard drive also had Win 10 so I am really baffled by the problem. I unchecked "fast start". That didn't change anything. FYI I did check MSINFO and found that the Bios are legacy. I've been with...
  6. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does): Ok so I'll try to clarify as much as I can. When I ''Shut down'' either I'm holding ''Shift'' or not. It signs out but I can Still hear fan and Power Led is on, even after couple of hours... it can goup to 12... For Shutting it down Completely, I have to hold Power Button...
  7. Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts rather then shuts down: Hi I have had this issue now on 3 different windows 10 systems 2 of my own and also my wife's. Up until recently it was rare but in my case it's happening even couple of days it seems. I go to shut down and rather then shut down it puts me right back at my log in screen....
  8. Issues with shut down/restart window 10.

Issues with shut down/restart window 10.: So I just had my Asus laptop since last September, been working fine with everything. Recently, I had some malware which automatically open random pages in my Mozilla Firefox whenever I click on anything. So I decided to reset the whole laptop since I didn't find any solution...
  9. Windows 10 Restarts Instead Of Shut Down

Windows 10 Restarts Instead Of Shut Down: Hello everyone, As the title says, windows 10 restarts instead of shut down when i am pressing the "shut down" button. I had the same problem with windows 8.1, i searched all the internet to find a solution but i couldn't fix my problem. I read on internet some of...
  10. Windows 10 restarts instead of shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts instead of shutting down: I upgraded to Windows 10 a while ago for the most part it works fine, but one day it stopped being able to shut down properly. When I tell it to shut down it does actually shut down but only for a second before it starts restarting. This problem has been going on for 2-3...