Windows 10: Win 10 slow hard disk WD my passport 1 tb how to fix this problem

Discus and support Win 10 slow hard disk WD my passport 1 tb how to fix this problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 6 year old hard disk WD My Passport Ultra, now I try to copy from it, Thats take about 1 hour for 300 mb. I havent use it for 2/3 years. Are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MagneJakobsen, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Win 10 slow hard disk WD my passport 1 tb how to fix this problem

I have a 6 year old hard disk WD My Passport Ultra, now I try to copy from it, Thats take about 1 hour for 300 mb. I havent use it for 2/3 years. Are there any fix for this

:)

MagneJakobsen, Jan 10, 2021

2. WD My Passport Ultra 2 TB Can't Initialize Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I got Windows 10 to recognize my WD My Passport Ultra 2tb. Steps: 1. download the WD SES Driver (WD SES Driver Download)
    and WD Firmware Updater (http://products.wdc.com/wdsmartwareupdate/firmware.asp?id=wdfMyPassport&os=WIN). 2. Reset the computer. 3. Press the Windows Key and look for Administrative Tools option and select the Disk Administrator. 4. The application will display
    the disk and most likely the settings will be disabled (right click), you must remove that unit from this same box of options. 5. Then right click again will enable the options to assign a letter to name the detected disk, assign for example Z. 6. Finally
    you will see that your computer recognize your WD Passport Ultra. I hope this is useful, it worked for me.

WiltonZapata Sandoval, Jan 10, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    WD Introduces 1 TB My Passport SE for Mac Portable Hard Drives

WD, the world's leader in external storage solutions, today introduced its new one terabyte (TB) and 750 gigabyte (GB) capacity My Passport SE for Mac portable USB drives. Available at WD's online store, the new My Passport SE for Mac portable drives are formatted for Mac and compatible with Apple Time Machine software.

Perfect for saving, storing and backing up Mac computers, these ultra-portable 1 TB and 750 GB My Passport SE drives are easy to carry because they are USB-powered and do not need an external power adapter1. Equipped with 256-bit hardware encryption with password protection for an extra level of security, this small drive with mega-capacity give users peace-of-mind knowing that their data is protected from unauthorized access or theft.

Win 10 slow hard disk WD my passport 1 tb how to fix this problem 88a_thm.jpg

Win 10 slow hard disk WD my passport 1 tb how to fix this problem 88b_thm.jpg

Win 10 slow hard disk WD my passport 1 tb how to fix this problem 88c_thm.jpg

"With over 10 billion songs downloaded from the iTunes store, the enormous capacity of the new My Passport SE for Mac drives makes them the perfect travel-friendly storage device to hold all the rich media content collected by videographers, creative professionals and digital media enthusiasts with large digital media collections," said Dale Pistilli, vice president of marketing for WD's branded products group.

Price and Availability
    WD's My Passport SE for Mac portable drives are available now at WD's online store. MSRP for the My Passport SE for Mac 1 TB portable drive is $199.99 USD and for the 750 GB model is $179.99 USD.

btarunr, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Win 10 slow hard disk WD my passport 1 tb how to fix this problem

WD not shown in Explorer but shown in Disk Management

Hi,

I recently tried to connect my WD Extrernal 1 TB passport to my windows PC. After connecting, I hear the normal click sound that appears on connecting on any external device. But I dont see any device shown in the explorer. I do see my passport under disk
    management with different allocation. Kindly suggest what can be done to access the files on the hard disk. I also tried to connect it to a Windows laptop but the same thing.

NOTE: I did not make any change to either PC or hard disk.

Thanks,

Krish_1234, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 slow hard disk WD my passport 1 tb how to fix this problem

1. Win 10 slow hard disk WD my passport 1 tb how to fix this problem - Similar Threads - slow hard disk

2. WD Passport External Hard Disk is not showing up anywhere on new laptops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD Passport External Hard Disk is not showing up anywhere on new laptops: I have 4 laptops, 1 HP - Old laptop with Windows 7 1 HP - Old laptop with Windows 10 1 HP - New laptop with Windows 10 1 Lenovo X1 Carbon - New laptop with Windows 10 The old laptops are with USB 2.0 ports and the new laptops are with USB 3.0 ports. My external Hard...
  3. WD-My Passport 2 TB

WD-My Passport 2 TB: Hi: My WD My Passport USB hard drive shows as "currently in use", with a continuously flashing LED. This starts up randomly. I am unable to eject this USB device, and only way that I am able to stop it is to restart Windows. Is this a sign of its age? It is nearing Full;...
  4. WD My passport External hard drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD My passport External hard drive not working: The name and bar showing up shows fine, but when I try to download something it automatically goes to the C:/original hard drive. It ends up saying disk space full because my disk space on C:/ is full. How do I set up My Passport so it can take in files?...
  5. WD My Passport

WD My Passport: Hi. I have just purchased a Microsoft Laptop which unfortunately won't read my WD My Passport. does anyone have a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-passport/b3cf90e5-c78b-4104-a67e-e25c5faea50a
  6. My WD Passport external hard drive won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My WD Passport external hard drive won't open: I've tried all of the recommendations posted and none have worked. What else can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wd-passport-external-hard-drive-wont-open/4cb1db83-c269-4d71-8fe2-e7c9e11a1155
  7. WD My Passport Ultra There but not there

WD My Passport Ultra There but not there: I have a 1TB WD My Passport Ultra and it was working fine. I accessed a picture from it to send out in in an email and afterwards shut down my laptop. HP Envy, Win 10 bla bla bla Later that day I booted up my laptop and the passport didn't show up in the file manager. It...
  8. wd passport

wd passport: I reloaded my windows 10 after a crash . But the WD password does not seems to find my files to be downloaded back to the PC . Even the WD program disappeared from the drive . What I have to do to get my files back ?...
  9. WD My Passport external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD My Passport external hard drive: I am CONSTANTLY prompted to Re-Connect my Backup harddrive bc some files did not backup. I try to look at files but cant open and the files are tiny. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT TROJAN FILES ? Are they old orphan files from some uninstalled app. I KNOW, a list of files and...
  10. WD My passport - Not recognized in Win 10

WD My passport - Not recognized in Win 10: I am having WD My passport Ultra (1tb) and its not recognized in any USB 3.0 ports, after initial one time! If I try my HDD in any USB 2.0 ports its recognized instantly. I tried reinstalling drivers from device manager, but same problem. PS: In WIN 7 OS, it gets...