Windows 10: win 10 slow restart

Discus and support win 10 slow restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have new laptop Dell. i installed new windows 10 with updates. starting after shutdown takes 35 seconds. however, restarting taes more than 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by winstyl, Apr 30, 2019.

1. winstyl Win User

win 10 slow restart

i have new laptop Dell. i installed new windows 10 with updates. starting after shutdown takes 35 seconds. however, restarting taes more than 2 minutes.. how to reduce restart time ?

:)

winstyl, Apr 30, 2019
  2. midgo Win User

Win 10 1607 Restart Issue

I am having a Win 10 1607 restart issue.

In my case the PC tries to restart but the monitor screen goes black and then the monitor screen powers off.

The PC keeps running but will not restart.

I have to push the reset button to restart the PC.

Shut down works fine.

In both restart and shutdown there are no spinning dots...

Can any one help with this restart issue.

I have tried most suggestions on the interwebz:////

My next step is to go back to the previously installed version 1511 in which restart worked then do an upgrade from the 1607 ISO I downloaded.

If this fails I will bite the bullet and do a clean install but I would rather just resolve the issue if I can as I have Win 10 running just the way I like it:///

midgo, Apr 30, 2019
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad win 10 slow restart :mad:

scevism, Apr 30, 2019
  4. win 10 slow restart

Windows 10 file explorer very slow (working on it...) issue

This seemed to help. Time will tell. It certainly is more helpful and practical than the suggestion to end toe Explorer task and start a new one.

SamMcSpadden, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

win 10 slow restart

1. win 10 slow restart - Similar Threads - slow restart

2. Recent updates make windows 10 restart very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent updates make windows 10 restart very slow: I installed the recent updates KB4556441 and KB4551853 on my Surface Pro 6 2 days ago. Since then it takes the Surface much longer to restart in the morning. I get a black screen, where I see my cursor but nothing else. I have not changed anything else in this time. Not...
  3. Slow Start-up and slow signout / restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Start-up and slow signout / restart: Hey Everyone, i brought hp laptop like four months ago and that time i installed win 10 and faced no issue. but yesterday i install again my window 10 but i faced isssue like slow startup 3 mins wait on hp logo and after it 2 min stuck on black screeen then show login screen...
  4. Windows 10 no boot, no restart, slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 no boot, no restart, slow: Hello, guys... I have new gaming PC at beginning I had sometimes a little problem, which was solved by restart. Now... whenever I try to start PC, the windows 10 takes 3minutes to load,... when I try restart, it takes 5minutes sometimes it doesnt even load and the circle is...
  5. Restart too slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart too slow: My laptop, win 10 pro, restarts very very slow, but quick in shutdown and then start. It use just one SSD and should have been restarted in a few seconds. But yesterday I discover that if I click restart button, after it turn off the power, the external keyboard‘s light was...
  6. PC slow in response due to disk restart at mouse click

PC slow in response due to disk restart at mouse click: Hi, Windows 10 Home, version 1909 I noticed that the the PC started to have a delay in response to a mouse click due to the fact that the when I click I can clearly hear that the PC disk restarts. Moreover when I move files between folders both the start and the destination...
  7. Slow Pc, programmes Don’t respond, takes long time to restart.

Slow Pc, programmes Don’t respond, takes long time to restart.: Hi everyone, I’ve been experiencing some problems with my pc. Everything worked perfectly and a couple days ago it started going very slow, all of a sudden the programmes needed ages to load or they shut down. I’ve searched online and nothing works. I’ve ran it on safe...
  8. Windows Settings page randomly opens after restart Windows 10 Slow Ring

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Settings page randomly opens after restart Windows 10 Slow Ring: Hello, Recently we upgraded our PC to Windows 10 Slow Ring Insider build 19041.84. After this upgrade, whenever we restart the machine, every time Windows is randomly opening Windows Settings page. This is causing problems when we are running our automated test suites for...
  9. Starting about a month ago, the restart on a windows 10 computer is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Starting about a month ago, the restart on a windows 10 computer is extremely slow: The event viewer shows some problem under Diagnostics-Performance/Operational: Error Windows has shutdown: Shutdown Duration : 118993ms IsDegradation : false Incident Time UTC : ‎2020‎-‎02‎-‎29T17:35:31.286745200Z Critical Windows has started up:...
  10. Restart slow, Power off /on faster

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart slow, Power off /on faster: Hi everybody, I was wondering if anyone knew why in some machines I've tested restarting takes a long time, but turning it off, waiting 10 seconds and back on goes notably faster. Any ideas? Thanks. submitted by /u/Summit1BigHead [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow restart after windows update 2019