Windows 10: win 10 sound

Discus and support win 10 sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Win 7 home to win 10 home. I have a creative soundblaster omni surround external sound card installed. When I turn on computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ronaroll, Jan 4, 2020.

1. ronaroll Win User

win 10 sound

I just upgraded from Win 7 home to win 10 home. I have a creative soundblaster omni surround external sound card installed. When I turn on computer everything works fine and then after a while the sound disappears. I run the troubleshooter and it says they were going to play some "test sounds" and each time they asked if I heard anything and I didn't. It then says I must restart my computer for the fix to take effect. It works again after restarting only to happen again. It's frustrating to keep restarting. The soundblaster wasn't originally supporting in windows 10, it was no problem in windows 7. Creative offered some drivers for windows 10 which I installed by the problem exists. I have another soundcard by c-media installed in the slot which also worked great in win 7. This is not even recognized. Any ideas?

thanks

:)

ronaroll, Jan 4, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue win 10 sound :p

cadaveca, Jan 4, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 4, 2020
  4. win 10 sound

Losing sound Win 10 x64

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re having issue with sound, I will make sure to help you with this issue.

This issue may occur due to damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your
    sound card.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the volume icon which is on bottom right corner.
    • Click on playback devices and highlight speakers.
    • Then below click on properties.
    • And then click on Advanced Tab and below click on
      Restore to default
    • And then Apply and click on
      OK
    If the issue still persist then I would suggest you to follow the steps from the below link:

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps are given for Windows 8.1 but same applies to Windows 10 as well)

Method 2 : Uninstall sound adapter driver from the Device Manager, restart the computer and check if that helps you.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Sound, video and game controller, expand it, right click on the
      sound device and select Uninstall.
    Restart the computer after the successful
    uninstallation of sound Device.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

win 10 sound

1. win 10 sound - Similar Threads - sound

2. I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?: Hey everyone, it's Davis. I'm having some tech troubles and could really use some help. First off, my volume control is acting up. No matter what I do, it stays stuck at 100%, even when I try to lower it. And whenever I attempt to update, uninstall, or roll back, boom—blue...
  3. I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?: Hey everyone, it's Davis. I'm having some tech troubles and could really use some help. First off, my volume control is acting up. No matter what I do, it stays stuck at 100%, even when I try to lower it. And whenever I attempt to update, uninstall, or roll back, boom—blue...
  4. Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound: Hello, I recently reinstalled my windows because i upgraded from hdd to sdd, and now suddenly my airpods are connecting to my pc they are connected to tp link ub500-bluetooth adapter but they are playing no sound. For the past two days i ve tried everything and nothing worked...
  5. Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound: Hello, I recently reinstalled my windows because i upgraded from hdd to sdd, and now suddenly my airpods are connecting to my pc they are connected to tp link ub500-bluetooth adapter but they are playing no sound. For the past two days i ve tried everything and nothing worked...
  6. Airpods pro second gen connected to pc windows 10 but no sound

7. Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks: Hello,That button just freeze every day when I click on it to change sound output device. Restarting explorer helps, but it keeps happening for some reason. It especially happens after I restart my computer, at a random time after that. It's a minor annoyance but it's still...
  8. Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks

Win11 Internet and Sound Button is not responding to clicks: Hello,That button just freeze every day when I click on it to change sound output device. Restarting explorer helps, but it keeps happening for some reason. It especially happens after I restart my computer, at a random time after that. It's a minor annoyance but it's still...
  9. How do I stop a constant chiming sound on my PC? It is chiming every few seconds. I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop a constant chiming sound on my PC? It is chiming every few seconds. I've...: How do I stop a constant chiming sound on my PC? It is chiming every few seconds. I've checked notifications and there is nothing requiring action....
  10. How do I stop a constant chiming sound on my PC? It is chiming every few seconds. I've...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I stop a constant chiming sound on my PC? It is chiming every few seconds. I've...: How do I stop a constant chiming sound on my PC? It is chiming every few seconds. I've checked notifications and there is nothing requiring action....