Windows 10: Win 10 stalls on startup

Discus and support Win 10 stalls on startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Upgraded Hp Pavillion Dv7 laptop from windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10 Pro. Now when computer turned on gets to screen showing 4 section window and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 1lostuser, Jul 17, 2016.

1. 1lostuser Win User

Win 10 stalls on startup

Upgraded Hp Pavillion Dv7 laptop from windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10 Pro. Now when computer turned on gets to screen showing 4 section window and rotating circle of dots. After about 6 seconds dots stop, hard drive light goes out and then nothing. Have left computer set for 2 hrs. and no change. If I use power button to force hard shut down and then immediately press button again to start, will go thru startup process just fine. Have tried startup repair to no avail. Have reinstalled windows 10 from USB drive no change. When it does start it is slow to get to desktop. Seems to work ok once we get into windows, just need help figuring out how to get it to boot right on first startup.
    Really appreciate any and all suggestions.

:)

1lostuser, Jul 17, 2016

2. Can't fully boot into Win 10

My HP Pavilion p6610f desktop stalls at Windows logo on startup. Tried tricks, as rebooting several times, using rescue disk, which produced the same result.

What to do next??

I never had this problem w/Win 7.

Am running Win 10 Home_64.

Art S.

ArthurSwedlow, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 upgrade icon loading at startup

So have noticed this on my Win 8.1 comp since i reserved my win 10 upgrade

The icon still loads at Startup even tho i have accepted the upgrade

The start up process now takes much much longer as all other processes are stalled / unresponsive till the win 10 upgrade icon loads

my startup times to desktop usable has gone from 30 seconds to 3 MINUTES. (i use an Evo SSD)

is there a way to stop the Win10 icon loading at statrup

is there a way to solve the Win10 icon from delaying my other startup processes

have even tried to uninstall the win 10 icon service patch but no difference

have tried stopping all other startup processes but still no difference

its pretty much the Win 10 upgrade icon causing the trouble

Bluskies10, Jul 17, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Win 10 stalls on startup

NavyLCDR, Jul 17, 2016
  5. 1lostuser Win User
    Thank you for reply. I have talked to Microsoft several times on this, and you are the only
    one that has had a fix. Wife now can use computer without frustration, and as you kow
    if the wife is*Smile everyone is *chuckle. I even paid for Microsoft Assurance plan and they couldn't
    or wouldn't help.
    Thank You Thank You.

1lostuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 stalls on startup

1. Win 10 stalls on startup - Similar Threads - stalls startup

2. USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11: My Logitech USB wireless M510 Mouse is part of a combo with a K545 keyboard. It is a few years old now, but has functioned reliably until around last winter. The keyboard continues to work as expected.Beginning last winter, the mouse pointer began stalling and lagging when...
  3. USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Wireless Mouse Pointer Lags, Stalls, Resists Moving to Some Objects - Windows 11: My Logitech USB wireless M510 Mouse is part of a combo with a K545 keyboard. It is a few years old now, but has functioned reliably until around last winter. The keyboard continues to work as expected.Beginning last winter, the mouse pointer began stalling and lagging when...
  4. My windows pc screen goes black and then completely stalls with the power on and sometimes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows pc screen goes black and then completely stalls with the power on and sometimes...: I installed a new graphics card in my pc and roughly since then it started to black screen crash but its weird because for the first 10 or 15 seconds just the screen goes black and the game seemingly freezes as I don't hear the noise of switching through the menu's but do...
  5. My windows pc screen goes black and then completely stalls with the power on and sometimes...

My windows pc screen goes black and then completely stalls with the power on and sometimes...: I installed a new graphics card in my pc and roughly since then it started to black screen crash but its weird because for the first 10 or 15 seconds just the screen goes black and the game seemingly freezes as I don't hear the noise of switching through the menu's but do...
  6. i cant in stall gaming sevises

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant in stall gaming sevises: my Microsoft store is locked to my work account and it is preventing me to do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-in-stall-gaming-sevises/969cab5d-5b7f-4e00-a925-ce81a449a2e6
  7. i cant in stall gaming sevises

i cant in stall gaming sevises: my Microsoft store is locked to my work account and it is preventing me to do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-in-stall-gaming-sevises/969cab5d-5b7f-4e00-a925-ce81a449a2e6
  8. BSOD - HP Envy SleekBook Shutting Down and stalling

BSOD - HP Envy SleekBook Shutting Down and stalling: Hello there, I have a HP Envy SleekBook m6-k010dx laptop. As of a couple months ago, my laptop would randomly shut down once it hits 50% on the laptop. However, when the laptop is turned on and plugged in, the entire laptop stalls and doesn't boot up properly. I've done...
  9. startup stalls

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup stalls: my laptop stalls when starting up before putting in the pin. I have lost the pictures background also. I lost my microsoft account information and had put it all in but it keeps doing it over and over. I finally restored it back to get it to work somewhat normally. I have run...
  10. Windows Startup Sometimes Stalls at Black Screen with Blue Window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Startup Sometimes Stalls at Black Screen with Blue Window: Starting windows is intermittent; sometimes I have a normal start, and other times it hangs at the screen with the black background, blue window, and the rotating dots. The dots seem to rotate indefinitely. Background; After some annoying issues with the hard drive running...