Windows 10: win 10 start menu appear top left corner and freezed

Discus and support win 10 start menu appear top left corner and freezed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Suddenly my win 10 appeared top left corner as 3 lines and all apps are appeared entire screen and not able to access desk top . I tired all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sbalu571, May 10, 2019.

1. sbalu571 Win User

win 10 start menu appear top left corner and freezed

Hello,
    Suddenly my win 10 appeared top left corner as 3 lines and all apps are appeared entire screen and not able to access desk top . I tired all setting options but no use earlier start will appear bottom left corner and clicks start
    menu will appear as slide show not it is freezed all APPS are apeared as large icons occupying entire screen

Help me out to restore to normal appearence \

Thanks
    Balu

:)

sbalu571, May 10, 2019
  2. link626 Win User

crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable

win10 randomly crashed while idle. Some kernel security bsod.

after reboot, the start menu does not open in the lower left corner. It opens in upper left corner, and none of the menu is clickable. I have to use keyboard arrow keys to navigate.

Also, when I start typing words to search for apps, the search menu opens full screen.

My start menu is corrupted. How do I restore it? Event viewer suggested my .dat file is corrupted.

Even creating brand new user, the start menu still opens in the upper left corner (while the start button is in the lower left corner), and the menu is not clickable for the new user.

link626, May 10, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Why is my windows 10 start menu different from the original

The Start menu has had a makeover for the Anniversary Update (1607). The main change is that you no longer need to click on All Apps to open the list, scroll down a bit and you'll find it already open beneath 'Suggested'. To make space for this, Settings, Power etc. have been shrunk to icons on the left edge. Click the three solid line at the top left to expand them out to 'icons with names' as they used to appear.

More on the redesign here: This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

4. x509 Win User

Win 10 CU (not FCU) stutters and freezes a lot with various operations

I get momentary freezes and stuttering with a range of Windows menu operations. *sarc These are the ones that are top of mind but I'm sure there are others. Win 10 Pro 64, up to date on patches.

• Xing out a FireFox tab
    • Click on FILE menu (drop down is delayed)
    • FILE > Print (printer list or print menu is delayed)
    • Selecting a higher level on the file path in the SAVE menu
    • Search menu at bottom of Windows
    • Typing in many situations.

Any suggestions? Or this this a known problem in Win 10? I've had this problem for some time, but lately it has gotten me really PO'ed.*Confused

Thema:

1. win 10 start menu appear top left corner and freezed - Similar Threads - start menu appear

2. windows 11 top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 top left corner: Hello ... windows 11 top left corner of every window is selected automatically even if no window is opend and i am at desktop the first icon at top left corner is selected and it happens sometimes and one restart fixes the issue but again it happens and i bought my laptop...
  3. unresponsive screen top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unresponsive screen top left corner: I had this issues before on my windows 10 pc and then I bought new pc with windows 11 installed and I realise that it also happens on the new one. My top left corner of the screen is unresponsive click, scroll etc whatever I do no response, example: Now i'm in the internet...
  4. unresponsive screen top left corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unresponsive screen top left corner: I had this issues before on my windows 10 pc and then I bought new pc with windows 11 installed and I realise that it also happens on the new one. My top left corner of the screen is unresponsive click, scroll etc whatever I do no response, example: Now i'm in the internet...
  5. why is there a box in the top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there a box in the top left corner: if i want to look at my desktop icons i have to double click the box first and i dont know why its there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-a-box-in-the-top-left-corner/dcbcd27c-a938-424d-9830-c8a34212c497
  6. why is there a box in the top left corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is there a box in the top left corner: if i want to look at my desktop icons i have to double click the box first and i dont know why its there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-a-box-in-the-top-left-corner/dcbcd27c-a938-424d-9830-c8a34212c497
  7. No response on top left corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    No response on top left corner: Hello, I have a problem with top left corner of the screen. I can put I mouse there, but when I click nothing happens... It is a small area. Please send me an advice how to solve the problem. It started happening two days ago. Thank you...
  8. win 10 start menu appear top left cormer and freezed

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 start menu appear top left cormer and freezed: Hello, Suddenly my win 10 appeared top left corner as 3 lines and all apps are appeared entire screen and not able to access desk top . I tired all setting options but no use earlier start will appear bottom left corner and clicks start menu will appear as slide show not it...
  9. duplicate screen in top left corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    duplicate screen in top left corner: How do I remove duplicate screen in top left corner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-screen-in-top-left-corner/62a58c30-20d5-41cd-aa12-760950c10838
  10. Cursor jumping to top left corner.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor jumping to top left corner.: I have an HP laptop model 16-ay191ms with Windows 10 build 17134.345 which I cannot use while unplugged. The PC has always had a problem with the cursor jumping to the top right of the screen at random times, but I thought I cured it. Today, while it was unplugged, the...