Windows 10: Win 10 start menu

Discus and support Win 10 start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I go to the start menu to shutdown, I click on the window icon the normal options appear, but before I can click on anything the start menu closes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D BJONES, Jul 10, 2020.

1. D BJONES Win User

Win 10 start menu

I go to the start menu to shutdown, I click on the window icon the normal options appear, but before I can click on anything the start menu closes. trying this repeated gives the same issue. To shutdown I have to right click the start icon and go from there. How do I solve this.

:)

D BJONES, Jul 10, 2020

2. Lost my Start Menu on Win 10 laptop

Hi Sherry,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps in the support article below:

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Win 10 start menu

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 start menu

1. Win 10 start menu - Similar Threads - start menu

2. Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?: Did System Restore on Windows 11 and now my Skype app tile does not show up in Start Menu and Search.Tried Repairing, Resetting, Uninstalling, Reinstalling Skype.Nope.Tried@echo offtaskkill /f /im explorer.exetaskkill /f /im shellexperiencehost.exetimeout /t 3 /NOBREAK >...
  3. Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?: Did System Restore on Windows 11 and now my Skype app tile does not show up in Start Menu and Search.Tried Repairing, Resetting, Uninstalling, Reinstalling Skype.Nope.Tried@echo offtaskkill /f /im explorer.exetaskkill /f /im shellexperiencehost.exetimeout /t 3 /NOBREAK >...
  4. Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu: Have new laptop with Windows 10. How do I stop the popup with photos, etc, every time I go to the start menu? No, I do not want to see a photo of Harvey Weinstein or other disgusting images. Yep, tried everything. See attached typical image. Thank you....
  5. Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu

Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu: Have new laptop with Windows 10. How do I stop the popup with photos, etc, every time I go to the start menu? No, I do not want to see a photo of Harvey Weinstein or other disgusting images. Yep, tried everything. See attached typical image. Thank you....
  6. Stop popup when using Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu: So, I am trying to open the Start menu, but it's not responding and after that, it crashes and restarts. Every time I press the Windows button to open the Start menu, the desktop flickers and the taskbar restarts itself. How do I fix this?...
  8. Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu

Taskbar crashing/restarting when I open the Start menu: So, I am trying to open the Start menu, but it's not responding and after that, it crashes and restarts. Every time I press the Windows button to open the Start menu, the desktop flickers and the taskbar restarts itself. How do I fix this?...
  9. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  10. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...