Windows 10: Win 10 start up locked 2 computers

Discus and support Win 10 start up locked 2 computers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; win 10 recently hanging up on start up with win icon and circling icon and never progresses this started a few days ago on parallels now on a totally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mark WWilliams, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Win 10 start up locked 2 computers

win 10 recently hanging up on start up with win icon and circling icon and never progresses

this started a few days ago on parallels now on a totally separate win 10 computer with separate license

think secondary to update

cant access anything to create win 10 start up disc and previous start up discs win 7 and win8 later updated to win 10

help?

:)

Mark WWilliams, Jan 16, 2019

2. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Gilletter Win User
    DVD Burner started locking up recently

ok I cleaned it and it's not locking the computer up now, but it still doesn't recognize when theres a cd/ dvd in the drive... any next step to rectify that problem? lol...

Gilletter, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Win 10 start up locked 2 computers

Win 10 lock-up problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance regarding the issue.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 start up locked 2 computers

1. Win 10 start up locked 2 computers - Similar Threads - start locked computers

2. Everday computer locks up - started Dec 2018 after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everday computer locks up - started Dec 2018 after Win 10 update: This seems to be fully documented over internet sites. I have even followed the reinstall instructions from Microsoft with no help. I had a Dec 2018 clone drive of my data. So as I installed it, here come the Win 10 updates and problem was back. I have completely...
  3. WIN 10 START-UP

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN 10 START-UP: RECENTLY ON START-UP MY DESKTOP PC SHOWS THE FOLLOWING ERROR MESSAGE ON COMPLETION, set user settings to driver failed. CLICKING OK ALLOWS ME TO PROCEED NORMALLY. CAN I GET RID OF ERROR MESSAGE? REGARDS TERRY FOSTER...
  4. Need help stopping computer start up locks

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need help stopping computer start up locks: Last time I posted it was about my PC locking up at start up So I'll just update The lockup went away after 5 hours I changed my password and managed to log in And it still locks up from time to time and in order to reset it I go into safe mode and restart And when I...
  5. Win 10 start up button

in Cortana
    Win 10 start up button: hello my start menu button and contana is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-start-up-button/ae0d42f7-3434-44a7-ae5f-00f1faa2cbfb"
  6. Computer started locking up after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer started locking up after Windows update: Since Windows update my computer has been locking up. It started when Chrome was on and initially I thought it was Chrome problem. But then my computer locked up when I used Exel. My antivirus is Avast and I use P all-in-one, Windows 10, 64 bit and Office 365. I tried to...
  7. Message at start up Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message at start up Win 10: Hi Each time my six or seven month old laptop running Win 10 starts up the following message is displayed. See the screenshot attached. It received an automatic Win 10 major upgrade recently which is when I believe the message started to appear. Is there anything I can do...
  8. Win 10 apps randomly freezing & locking up start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 apps randomly freezing & locking up start menu: Hi, Launching an app such as weather or easy gmail will sometimes bring up the app, freeze on opening and never open and then I can't use the start menu anymore. I have tried running sfc, no problems. I have tried using the powershell to reinstall all apps but it just...
  9. Win 10 Start-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Start-up: After a reinstall and check all settings. When I start windows, she starts fine into my cover page. However, when I restore from Sleep she boots into the sign in page w/ time in the lower left. I have to click on the time, then click on the Welcome page (sign in), then she...
  10. New Win 10 install-computer locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    New Win 10 install-computer locks up: It is a process of elimination I'm afraid. Sorry I can't suggest anything more useful.