Windows 10: Win 10 starts crashing when I open multiple programs

Discus and support Win 10 starts crashing when I open multiple programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I open multiple programs, such as Edge+Onenote+Matlab, my memory usage usually stays above 90%, and then, if I open a pdf file or another tab in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shao-Yu Wang, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Win 10 starts crashing when I open multiple programs

When I open multiple programs, such as Edge+Onenote+Matlab, my memory usage usually stays above 90%, and then, if I open a pdf file or another tab in Edge, they'll crash or freeze randomly, and I'll get error messages from different softwares. In the worst case, I get this weird low-resolution black/green screen and the system basically is frozen completely.I already ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and this is a problem I didn't have before re-installing Win 10 last month. Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-4210H CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors

:)

Shao-Yu Wang, Jun 21, 2021
  2. up2trix Win User

Where are Win 10 Start Menu Program Properties (like "Start in")?

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried doing exactly what you said, but after I do the Open file location step, what happens is that a new File Explorer instance is launched which views the folder that contains the tile program. There is (generally speaking) no shortcut inside that folder--instead, that folder contains the real program.

It looks like the old Win 7 Start menu's Properties menu functionality seems to have totally disappeared, I am sad to report.

up2trix, Jun 21, 2021
  3. i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Bearael Win User

Win 10 starts crashing when I open multiple programs

Start menu won't open on Windows 10

Love this response.

I had a similar issue recently. I was able to resolve it by:

• Open Task Manager
      • Find the Windows Explorer process
        • right-click the process and select Restart

The Start button was then clickable.

Bearael, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 starts crashing when I open multiple programs

1. Win 10 starts crashing when I open multiple programs - Similar Threads - starts crashing open

2. Hesitation when starting/opening programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hesitation when starting/opening programs: I recently started encountering a very unusual problem or at least unusual to me. When I try to open or use certain applications there is a long hesitation before they responded. It's very noticeable for Bria softphone as well as Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I also see it in...
  3. Hesitation when starting/opening programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hesitation when starting/opening programs: I recently started encountering a very unusual problem or at least unusual to me. When I try to open or use certain applications there is a long hesitation before they responded. It's very noticeable for Bria softphone as well as Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I also see it in...
  4. Hesitation when starting/opening programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. all programs/games crashing when there are started

all programs/games crashing when there are started: when i try to open the trouble shoot or other programs like Microsoft edge or other programs the crash and i can't do anything help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-programsgames-crashing-when-there-are-started/4ee9be79-ba40-4726-90c3-b0f437773c00
  6. Program crashing on start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program crashing on start: Everytime I open a program it opens for a second and shows in the task bar without a logo tho and doesn't display anything and just closes, In event manager I found this error It's translated from dutch File cannot be accessed for one of the following reasons: There is a...
  7. Multiple Monitors in 2020 Open Program from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Monitors in 2020 Open Program from Start Menu: Its 2020 and most users use 2 or more monitors at home or work, however, it becomes frustrating when users cannot do the following 3 actions described below. I've read thru the different questions/answers and most moderators do not understand what the OP is asking or trying...
  8. Programs crash when opened on second monitor.

Programs crash when opened on second monitor.: I'm running a Dual Monitor setup with the extended setting, and it works perfect except for one thing: any program that tries to start itself up on the second screen freezes and doesn't start up. I have no problems moving programs that are already opened around, and can...
  9. Sound cutting out when multiple programs are open.

Sound cutting out when multiple programs are open.: Recently, my sound has been cutting out when I have multiple applications/programs are open. For example, I'm in a call with my friends on discord while playing a video game but also have music or a YouTube video playing. Sometimes, when I am switching between voice chats in...
  10. Multiple BSOD Crashes Before Win 10 Boots and in Win 10

Multiple BSOD Crashes Before Win 10 Boots and in Win 10: So, I bought a 250 GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD a few weeks ago and installed Windows 10 on it. Everything was working great until a few days ago. I began to get like one crash every two or three days. Yesterday I had several and then it seemed to straighten up. Today it began...