Windows 10: Win 10 startup question

Discus and support Win 10 startup question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got a refurb'd Dell 9020 w/win 10 pro 64. I generally prefer win 7 and would like to get 10 to look & run like 7 as much as possible. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanzPC, Nov 25, 2020.

1. DanzPC Win User

Win 10 startup question

I just got a refurb'd Dell 9020 w/win 10 pro 64. I generally prefer win 7 and would like to get 10 to look & run like 7 as much as possible. On startup, the OS opens with a pic, then you hit enter & have to enter the PW. I'd prefer the PC just open to the desktop, no pic 1st, no need to enter a PW. Can this be done? A registry edit, maybe?

TIA
    Dan

:)

DanzPC, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Startup issues since upgrading to Win 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try performing "Startup Repair" and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and click on Restart from login screen.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced Options.
    • Select Startup Repair and follow the on screen instructions.
    Let us know if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 25, 2020
  4. JOE1865 Win User

Win 10 startup question

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 startup question

1. Win 10 startup question - Similar Threads - startup question

2. Question about desktop load time (not boot/startup time, but the time it takes to go from...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about desktop load time (not boot/startup time, but the time it takes to go from...: First of all, I'm not sure what this time should be called (like bios time in task manager but not for startup), so if anyone knows that would be great. Basically, my PC used to only take a couple seconds to go from putting in the password to a usable desktop. Recently,...
  3. Fast Startup question

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup question: I just read that there is a setting in the power section called 'turn on fast startup. This is not listed on my pc under shutdown settings. Only lists 'sleep' and 'lock'. Do I need to unhide this button somehow? Do I need to be signed on as ADMIN? Thank you. windows 10...
  4. Why do you close and lock unresolved questions: MS again forced Word auto startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do you close and lock unresolved questions: MS again forced Word auto startup?: Here's a perfect example. I just searched because just recently Microsoft Office made one of Microsoft's typical changes without asking about something they have absolutely no reason for doing. I's sure it was due to a recent Office update. Suddenly Word just began starting...
  5. Trying to Change Windows startup sound read Whole question please

Trying to Change Windows startup sound read Whole question please: I have followed multiple guides to try and change my startup sound. I have even edited my registry. I changed both values to 0 on windows log on log off sounds and nothing has changed the menu option did not show up inside the sounds configuration. Looked all over for...
  6. Questionable Startup Program not sure if its malicious

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Questionable Startup Program not sure if its malicious: Hello, I found a weird application after going to task manager and looking at startup. Its called "Program" and its by a unidentified publisher. The command line is also odd for it because its "C:\Program" Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe While others have this:...
  7. New to Win 10 Home - more set/startup questions

in Windows 10 Support
    New to Win 10 Home - more set/startup questions: I am back with a couple of more questions that I encountered in my pre setup preparations: 1. Would like some opinions, pros/cons on setting up a Local Account vs the default Microsoft Account. 2. It seems that Microsoft has now made it more difficult to set up a local...
  8. Logon/fast startup questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logon/fast startup questions.: Is there a way to stop windows from auto logging into an account that isn’t password protected? Also, If I turn on my computer and sign into my account sometimes either something that I left open when it turned it off will be back and open. Or if I know I’m the only one...
  9. Startup Question

Startup Question: After installing the latest update my background and startup screens changed. I also can't find some of the files that I had. These are really no big deal but the real pain is that on startup I get a prompt that is making me enter my password and be connected to the...
  10. Task Manager Startup Category Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup Category Question: Hello Microsoft Community, When I go to Task Manager, and then Startup, how do I know what is safe to disable? I am attempting to make my computer faster by limiting startup programs. Thanks....