Windows 10: Win 10 startup question

Discus and support Win 10 startup question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got a refurb'd Dell 9020 w/win 10 pro 64. I generally prefer win 7 and would like to get 10 to look & run like 7 as much as possible. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanzPC, Nov 25, 2020.

1. DanzPC Win User

Win 10 startup question

I just got a refurb'd Dell 9020 w/win 10 pro 64. I generally prefer win 7 and would like to get 10 to look & run like 7 as much as possible. On startup, the OS opens with a pic, then you hit enter & have to enter the PW. I'd prefer the PC just open to the desktop, no pic 1st, no need to enter a PW. Can this be done? A registry edit, maybe?

TIA
    Dan

:)

DanzPC, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Startup issues since upgrading to Win 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try performing "Startup Repair" and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and click on Restart from login screen.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced Options.
    • Select Startup Repair and follow the on screen instructions.
    Let us know if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 25, 2020
  4. JOE1865 Win User

Win 10 startup question

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 startup question

1. Win 10 startup question - Similar Threads - startup question

2. Fast Startup Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast Startup Question: Hello. I have a quick question about fast startup setting in windows 11. I have a desktop PC that is always connected to the wall outlet. If I have fast startup enabled and the power goes out, can that damage my pc? I understand it's unadvised to unplug your pc or any drives...
  3. Fast Startup Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast Startup Question: Hello. I have a quick question about fast startup setting in windows 11. I have a desktop PC that is always connected to the wall outlet. If I have fast startup enabled and the power goes out, can that damage my pc? I understand it's unadvised to unplug your pc or any drives...
  4. Mouse stutters on startup Asking this questions again with the info from the screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse stutters on startup Asking this questions again with the info from the screenshots: I might just have been very impatient, but I haven't got a response in a while. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-stutters-on-startup-asking-this-questions/2c97d9e9-e371-435b-88a3-a7a06056dd65
  5. Mouse stutters on startup Asking this questions again with the info from the screenshots

Mouse stutters on startup Asking this questions again with the info from the screenshots: I might just have been very impatient, but I haven't got a response in a while. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-stutters-on-startup-asking-this-questions/2c97d9e9-e371-435b-88a3-a7a06056dd65
  6. Followup question to Modern app startup management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Followup question to Modern app startup management: Similar question to what was answered here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-apllications-in-windows-10/0b895da7-fa49-4a4d-816f-0adb3445fc74I found that area of the registry successfully, and have 2 questions:1. Rodrigo's answer alludes to a group...
  7. Followup question to Modern app startup management

Followup question to Modern app startup management: Similar question to what was answered here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-apllications-in-windows-10/0b895da7-fa49-4a4d-816f-0adb3445fc74I found that area of the registry successfully, and have 2 questions:1. Rodrigo's answer alludes to a group...
  8. Followup question to Modern app startup management

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. This question is not about the BIOS setting for enabling numlock key on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    This question is not about the BIOS setting for enabling numlock key on startup: This question is not about the BIOS setting for enabling numlock key on startup.It is about how to enable the numlock key at startup and simultaneously disable the key so it can not be turned off when accidentally hit on a laptop.I know the key can be glued down on a desktop...
  10. Incorrectly named random picture locations on startup screen feedback not question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrectly named random picture locations on startup screen feedback not question: I've been using the random startup screen backgrounds for a while now and enjoy having the variety and being able to look up different places when there's one I particularly like.Just logged in now and had a picture of a place I'm personally familiar with and noticed that it...