Windows 10: Win 10 still not reading dvd

Discus and support Win 10 still not reading dvd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What five years now from 2016 when this appeared? When Win 10 was updated, the read config of dvds was migrated. The burn on mine works fine so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ReedLockwood, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Win 10 still not reading dvd

What five years now from 2016 when this appeared? When Win 10 was updated, the read config of dvds was migrated. The burn on mine works fine so it's,as with the others, not my device, it's the wrong driver. Mine happens to be an ASUS DRW 24F1S. The hackneyed tips, of uninstalling/reinstalling the DVD and Standard SATA AHCI in Device Manager do not work for me, nor the regedit tips, and I'm unable to find an updated driver from ASUS. It is difficult to believe that MS has not fixed the problem in all of these updates. Perhaps MS has no need for reading DVDs, but I do. I cannot find a restore point that would allow me to go way back and find the missing drivers or whatever the problem. It seems strange that so many tweaks occasionally seem to workaround, when it seems there must be one and only one basic cause for the problem

IS THERE A CURRENT WAY TO FIX THIS MESS FOR SO MANY OF US?

:)

ReedLockwood, Apr 5, 2021

2. DVD+/- won't read or write on Win 10

Hello Brown,

We appreciate the effort and time that you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you further from here

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the CD/DVD drivers from the manufacturer's website and then check. You can follow the steps given below to uninstall the CD/DVD drivers.

Follow these steps to Uninstall DVD-CD ROM driver.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for DVD-CD ROM driver
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the DVD-CD ROM
      driver and select Uninstall.

Do not restart your computer, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers and install it.

Hope it will help this time.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 5, 2021
  3. kukane Win User
    Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Apr 5, 2021
  4. mdpoole Win User

Win 10 still not reading dvd

Win 10, not reading DVD

My DVD driver is not reading that a DVD is present. Windows Media Player says the drive is empty when it has a DVD inside.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver (E) but nothing has changed. I'd like to watch movies again. Any suggestions?

mdpoole, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 still not reading dvd

1. Win 10 still not reading dvd - Similar Threads - still reading dvd

2. DVD Error in Reading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Error in Reading: Today I found a very old DVD in my collection. It was first written on it in 2007, like it is shown on it. The problem is, although it does not have bad scratches on it, my PC processes it VERY slow. Just clicking on it, it takes like 2 minutes of working. And when I finally...
  3. DVD Error in Reading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Error in Reading: Today I found a very old DVD in my collection. It was first written on it in 2007, like it is shown on it. The problem is, although it does not have bad scratches on it, my PC processes it VERY slow. Just clicking on it, it takes like 2 minutes of working. And when I finally...
  4. Can windows 10 read a DVD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can windows 10 read a DVD?: Can windows 10 read a DVD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-10-read-a-dvd/5d7e33b7-451e-4049-91e8-8f12938b3bea
  5. Can windows 10 read a DVD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can windows 10 read a DVD?: Can windows 10 read a DVD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-10-read-a-dvd/5d7e33b7-451e-4049-91e8-8f12938b3bea
  6. Cannot read UDF file with Win dvd

Cannot read UDF file with Win dvd: DVD media player not working properly distorted pictere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-read-udf-file-with-win-dvd/895ee8fb-2e16-4a43-90d6-fe1c7d93b3bd
  7. dvd not reading

dvd not reading: my sony VPCSB18GG LAPTOP IN iNDIA IS NOT DETECTING THE DVD WHEN INSERTED. LAPTOP WAS UPGRADED TO WINDOW 10 FROM WINDOW 7ONE YEAR BACK. THE TROUBLE STARTED THEREAFTER. HOW TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM...
  8. dvd drive not reading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dvd drive not reading: i just restored pc drive letters changed now my dvd drive is not reading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-not-reading/57a31ac9-2a07-4415-aa57-01aa5f4381ff
  9. Dvd not reading

Dvd not reading: I was just watching a movie with vlc media player then i went to pop another movie in my cd was making noises. Not like it did for the previous dvd. The new movie is a rental from redbox n so i thought it was the sticker, so i removed it (dont worry i bought the movie before...
  10. Win 10, not reading DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10, not reading DVD: My DVD driver is not reading that a DVD is present. Windows Media Player says the drive is empty when it has a DVD inside. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver (E) but nothing has changed. I'd like to watch movies again. Any suggestions? 18550