Windows 10: Win 10 stopped playing music

Discus and support Win 10 stopped playing music in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've made no changes to the system but suddenly am unable to play any music file and see the following notification "signature is invalid. To register... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by newfylodge, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Win 10 stopped playing music

I've made no changes to the system but suddenly am unable to play any music file and see the following notification

"signature is invalid. To register in developer mode, Appxsignaturep7X and AppXBlockMap.xml must be valid or must be present"

I don't even know what developer mode is! Help anybody???

I've tried system restore but it makes no difference.

:)

newfylodge, Jan 16, 2020
  2. JohnVMD Win User

Where is the "stop" icon for a music album playing in a Win 8.1 phone?

I sync'ed a few music albums from a drive on my Win 8.1 computer hd to a Nokia 510 Win 8.1 phone and when playing back the album (thru headphones), there doesn't appear to be a "stop" icon to stop this music playing in the phone's music program. There are
    "back" and "forward" icons, as well as "pause" icon....but no "stop" icon. Any ideas on how to stop albums from playing...they are on the onboard memory card after sync-ing from a Win 8.1 computer.

JohnVMD, Jan 16, 2020
  3. koontz Win User
    music stops playing when minamising the window.

As the the title when playing music on win 10, when I minimise the window the music stops playing and starts again after maximising it?

koontz, Jan 16, 2020
  4. gelund Win User

Win 10 stopped playing music

Groove stops playing abruptly

Groove occasionally stops playing a few seconds into a song when I double click a new track in Windows Explorer and an existing track is already playing.

Steps to reproduce

• Open the Music folder
    • Double-click a track
    • With the track still playing, select a different track from Windows Explorer
    • Repeat a few times letting the track play for a few seconds before selecting another
    • On occasion Groove will stop playing a track that has already started

gelund, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 stopped playing music

1. Win 10 stopped playing music - Similar Threads - stopped playing music

2. my music stopped playing .. windows 10 update??? Apple Music??? WHY ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my music stopped playing .. windows 10 update??? Apple Music??? WHY ???: my music stopped playing .. windows 10 update??? Apple Music??? WHY ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-music-stopped-playing-windows-10-update-apple/8a7ff607-1212-441f-97ef-c9cd45e221b3
  3. Can't play downloaded music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't play downloaded music: I have downloaded music. When I click to play, I get a message "Can't play. We can't find an audio device. Make sure headphones or speakers are connected. For more info, search your device for "Manage audio devices." Computer is an Inspiron 3048, running Windows 10....
  4. Music play faster

in Windows 10 Support
    Music play faster: I am having a small issues, after installing a 1ms respond time monitor, MPC HC seem to play mp3 slighty faster, any advices ? 125923
  5. music doesnt play

in Windows 10 Customization
    music doesnt play: don't know what the problem is, checked all cables. It doesn't play sound when testing the audio card but nothing else https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-doesnt-play/c78a95bc-c080-4294-bdd8-e577ba363064
  6. PLAYING MUSIC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PLAYING MUSIC: HOW DO I PLAY MUSIC ON WINDOWS 10 FROM A CD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/playing-music/cf886afb-a2a1-4f5e-949e-a032496a3530
  7. Groove Music. Play All/Play Once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music. Play All/Play Once: How do I switch between these options? New to GM and it insists on playing all. Pop says "Play All" but no indication as to how to switch to play once. To the point and simple please; Thanks, Don...
  8. Windows 10 music stops playing when turning monitor off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 music stops playing when turning monitor off: Dear MS, something has changed, mayber after some update? Suddenly, when I turn off the monitor of my Desktop-PC, music stops playing (no matter what music player is used). Note that the PC does NOT go into standby as I always have standby turned off. So it is NOT...
  9. WMP won't play music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP won't play music: I keep hearing good things about Iceland jimbo ... hopefully get there to visit (but in the Summer!) skal @nithig Thanks - it's a great friendly place like Ireland the same philosophy "No such thing as strangers -- just friends who haven't yet met" !!!!! try the...
  10. Can't play mp3 music

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't play mp3 music: I upgraded from 10166 to 10240. I can't play mp3 files on windows media player, vlan media player, or anything else. They played fine on other builds. Is there a way to play them now? 8523