Windows 10: Win 10 Stops Accepting Xbox One Wireless Controller Input Via Bluetooth When Used For...

Discus and support Win 10 Stops Accepting Xbox One Wireless Controller Input Via Bluetooth When Used For... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use the following app, to control my Window 10 computer using an Xbox One Wireless Controller via Bluetooth. http://controllercompanion.com/ The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Florish JJ, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Win 10 Stops Accepting Xbox One Wireless Controller Input Via Bluetooth When Used For...

I use the following app, to control my Window 10 computer using an Xbox One Wireless Controller via Bluetooth.

http://controllercompanion.com/

The app allows the controller to work as both mouse and keyboard.

However, 1-4 times a day, if I stop using the the Bluetooth Connected/Paired Xbox One Wireless Controller for about 20-30 seconds, Windows 10 appears to stop taking any further input from the controller.

When occurring, this issue continues even after powering down and rebooting the controller. It can be cleared via forgetting & re-adding the controller via Bluetooth settings.

The most interesting detail, is that this issue only occurs while using the controller to navigate the desktop, file explorer, VLC and chrome. It does not occur while in the middle of fullscreen video games.

Also interesting, when this issue occurs, and input isn't being processed, I can force the controller input to be accepted again, just by opening either Start or the Action Center using a mouse. It appears Windows 10 is shutting down the input on it's own, just because Windows 10 isn't acknowledging a use case.

Some additional notes:

- This isn't specific to a single Xbox One Wireless Controller. I have reproduced this across 4x Xbox One Wireless Controllers, with all of them BT connected and updated with the latest firmware from the Xbox Accessories app (as of this post).

- This issue appears to have nothing to do with the Bluetooth connection, or the Controller Companion app. Both detect and register the Xbox One Wireless Controller, while the issue occurs.

:)

Florish JJ, Jan 16, 2019

2. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Acelyn Alc, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Win 10 Stops Accepting Xbox One Wireless Controller Input Via Bluetooth When Used For...

Windows 10 Xbox One S Wireless Controller issue with Dark Souls Series

Hi ajhakra,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why your controller keeps on crashing when playing the game Dark Souls. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were you able to play the game Dark Souls using the Xbox One S wireless controller before?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • Have you tried updating your Xbox One S controller?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provide on the link below:

Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller

Wilfred Mac, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Stops Accepting Xbox One Wireless Controller Input Via Bluetooth When Used For...

1. Win 10 Stops Accepting Xbox One Wireless Controller Input Via Bluetooth When Used For... - Similar Threads - Stops Accepting Xbox

2. Xbox One Controller no longer working via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox One Controller no longer working via bluetooth: for awhile now ive been using my xbox controller to play games on my pc via bluetooth, never had a problem with it until a month or two ago when my controller says its connected in bluetooth settings but doesnt work in game, any game. very strange that this randomly started...
  3. Windows 10 not detecting input of Xbox controller when connected via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not detecting input of Xbox controller when connected via Bluetooth: Hey guys,I've been using my Xbox One controller on my PC for a long time via Bluetooth without issue.Recently I connected it to my Xbox for the first time in a few months and my Xbox forced me to Update the controller before continuing.So I updated the controller as...
  4. Windows 10 not detecting input of Xbox controller when connected via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not detecting input of Xbox controller when connected via Bluetooth: Hey guys,I've been using my Xbox One controller on my PC for a long time via Bluetooth without issue.Recently I connected it to my Xbox for the first time in a few months and my Xbox forced me to Update the controller before continuing.So I updated the controller as...
  5. Question For Bluetooth users when using xbox one controler win. 10 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question For Bluetooth users when using xbox one controler win. 10 pc: Hi, im wonderign why Bluetooth doesn't show up in my device manager? i see it running in services an etc. i did restored my computer a few times. so imassuming it wouldn't let me get bluetooth on. i trying to conenct bluetooth thorough Bluetooth an otehr devices section...
  6. Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth: [ATTACH] Hey all! Been having problems with my Xbox one Bluetooth controller as of today. Device manager says it's connected, but the "BLuetooth and other devices" doesn't show it. If i turn the controller on it won't connect, and if i try and add the controller, my PC...
  7. Xbox one controllers stopped working wirelessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controllers stopped working wirelessly: Hi, Was playing the witcher 3 via steam with my xbox one controller connected to my PC via bluetooth, had no issues this would of been approx 05/01/2020 Almost 2 weeks later and no matter which of my various controllers I use or which games I try to play, controller's...
  8. Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.: HI, i have a windows 10 desktop and a external bluetooth adapter. when i try to connect my xbox controller via bluetooth it gives a error message " check the pin and try again".?? i tried connecting the controller to my brother's laptop its connecting properly and working...
  9. Xbox One controller via Bluetooth

Xbox One controller via Bluetooth: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox One controller connecting to my PC via Bluetooth. Not a serious problem, but still a problem: I can connect my controller to my PC via Bluetooth and everything is okay. The problem is that when I don't use the controller it goes to sleep...
  10. Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.

Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.: Came home from work and turned my PC on to play a game and noticed my controller wasn't connecting. When I went to Bluetooth settings to check, it said Bluetooth was off and didn't give me any options to turn it back on. Here are the steps I've already taken: -Checked device...