Windows 10: Win 10 stuck auto repair, No black screen

Discus and support Win 10 stuck auto repair, No black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Following a system update, my pc has gotten stuck with just a window on the screen (it runs windows 10). i already tried to launch the automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BradServary, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Win 10 stuck auto repair, No black screen

Following a system update, my pc has gotten stuck with just a window on the screen (it runs windows 10). i already tried to launch the automatic repair, and when i did, selected to continue to windows as nothing should be wrong. nothing happened, and now it is perpetually stuck trying to prepare the automatic repair. "Preparing Automatic Repair" Shows up, but no loading wheel, nothing else. It never moves past this screen now. It's a gaming Desktop, with 16gb 1600ghz ram, there's no reason it should be slow. this is only the third time i have ever powered it on. I do not have the windows disk, as it was pre-installed on the pc when i bought it. its less than a year old. Below is a photo of the screen. It never goes past, never gets to a black screen, so i can not perform any help from the youtube videos i have seen. i've tried every button combination prior to getting to this screen i can think of. Am I screwed? If i have to reinstall windows I'm going back to Win 7. Restarting it brings it back to Only the window. 3x restart results in the image below. Win 10 stuck auto repair, No black screen d2c51563-3e58-49ea-a2d2-fad5014710ae?upload=true.jpg

:)

BradServary, Aug 25, 2018

2. Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 25, 2018
  3. tplib Win User
    Win 10 Upgrade from Win 7 running fine, then one day stuck in a loop upon startup Prearping Auto Repair then to Black Screen with Crusor.....

unfortunately that didn't not help either. the computer is already stuck in a loop that has it booting up to Preparing Auto Repair, but I still tried the method you described and it still just boots to a black screen with cursor showing. I have tried
    to boot from a bottable USB and it does the same thing only it doesn't say Preparing Auto Repair, it just shows the windows 10 logo... then blink to black screen and cursor.

tplib, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Hendry Win User

Win 10 stuck auto repair, No black screen

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's works*Smile

Hendry, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 stuck auto repair, No black screen

1. Win 10 stuck auto repair, No black screen - Similar Threads - stuck auto repair

2. Stuck on Auto Repair Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Auto Repair Screen: I was stuck on boot for a while, and after restarting multiple times, this screen is the one that keeps popping up now. If I try restarting, I get a blue screen of death with an error code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Tried Safe mode. Blue screen of death with same error code....
  3. Stuck on Auto Repair Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Auto Repair Screen: I was stuck on boot for a while, and after restarting multiple times, this screen is the one that keeps popping up now. If I try restarting, I get a blue screen of death with an error code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Tried Safe mode. Blue screen of death with same error code....
  4. Stuck on Auto Repair Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on auto repair screen and screen gets stuck again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on auto repair screen and screen gets stuck again: I’m stuck on auto repair loop and while the loop continues the screen gets stucks again and it gets pixelated? So i can’t run command prompt because the screen will get stuck again with red pixels....
  6. Stuck on auto repair screen and screen gets stuck again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on auto repair screen and screen gets stuck again: I’m stuck on auto repair loop and while the loop continues the screen gets stucks again and it gets pixelated? So i can’t run command prompt because the screen will get stuck again with red pixels....
  7. Stuck on auto repair screen and screen gets stuck again

8. Stuck in Auto Repairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Auto Repairing: I’ve recently upgraded to an SSD and when turning my PC on I’m stuck in auto repairing I’ve reset my PC didn’t work I’ve went into the BIOS and made sure to boot from the new SSD still doesn’t work what do I do?...
  9. Lenovo Windows 10 stuck in black loading screen, auto repair fails

Lenovo Windows 10 stuck in black loading screen, auto repair fails: Hi, My Lenovo laptop started freezing while i was trying to uninstall a printer driver so I ended the task after it has seemingly finished but didn't let me close the tab. While navigating, I noticed I had a Windows update pending. I opted to restart the laptop. It asked...
  10. Stuck in auto repair then recovery screen

Stuck in auto repair then recovery screen: Hi i have an asus laptop with windows 10 recently i forced it to shutdown when i tried to turn it on it says "preparing for automatic repair" under the logo of Asus then to the recovery screen with 4 options continue use a device troubleshoot turn off...