Windows 10: Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials

Discus and support Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. I have an interesting network problem. I'll try to be brief. I have four computers running Windows 10, 7 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ivan8ias, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Ivan8ias Win User

Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the group. I have an interesting network problem. I'll try to be brief. I have four computers running Windows 10, 7 and XP Pro networked that use a common workgroup. Everything was working fine for months until just recently the computer running Windows 10 all of a sudden asks me to enter a Network username and password. All computers see each other and are accessible except now all of a sudden the Windows 10 machine asks for network credentials. None of my machines have any passwords set anywhere. They are all in my home. No new hardware or software was added. Of course I went into the Windows 10 machine and double checked the permissions and everything looks OK. Can anyone help me with this problem?

I truly appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you,
    Ivan

:)

Ivan8ias, Jul 11, 2017

2. Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS even after diabling

I have tried EVERYTHING and I still can't access my NAS Buffalo drive because I don't know the credentials Windows is asking for!

Even if I create a credential and then enter it when asked, I keep getting "Access is denied"

I have completely disabled credentials (in root programs) and it is still asking for one on the NAS

I created a local profile and it is still asking for a credential for the NAS

What is going on?!?!?!?

EmilyMartin2, Jul 11, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS even after diabling

Here when I connect via Wi-Fi to my SSD drive attached via usb to my Asus wifi access point - windows pops the needs credentials login - it wants the login/password of the Asus's wifi access point.

'Mike P, Jul 11, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

If for some reason the credentials get flushed, you will have to re-enter them. Nothing big.

bro67, Jul 12, 2017
  5. Ivan8ias Win User
    Thank you, but I never had any credentials set, nor do I want them. Why would this happen all of a sudden?

Ivan8ias, Jul 12, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    How to you connect to win10 cmd line, explorer or other? It possible that the latest security update against ransomware has forced it to ask who are you. It not a good idea to run without that as anyone or anything can then spread on you network. Simply enter the details when asked.
    The fact you are running Xp on a network puts you at high risk of ransome ware have you patched the xp pc?

Samuria, Jul 12, 2017
  7. Ivan8ias Win User
    Thank you for the tip. I just never thought it was necessary to use a username and password. I connect using explorer, all computers by Ethernet or Wi-Fi through my Verizon FiOS Gigabit router. How would I go about patching XP? I have service pack 3 installed. I wouldn't know exactly how to set passwords on the three different OSs. Would they just for network access?

Ivan8ias, Jul 12, 2017
  8. Samuria Win User

When you connect in explorer there is an option to enter password simple enter username and password for a user thats on the pc your connecting to. By default windows passes the username password your logged in as so if you have the same username password on the pc your straight in. get the xp patch from Microsoft Update Catalog)

Samuria, Jul 12, 2017
  9. Ivan8ias Win User
    Thank you. I am administrator on all the machines and I definitely do not want a login password for

Ivan8ias, Jul 12, 2017
  10. Ivan8ias Win User
    Sorry. I am replying on my smartphone and accidentally sent the previous reply. I don't want a password to log in on any of the machines, just a username / password for network access only. Is that possible with 10, 7 and XP? I never got involved with passwords before.

Ivan8ias, Jul 12, 2017
  11. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey Ivan8ias,
    Have you checked Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Advance Sharing Settings then Under All Networks, Turn Off Password Protecting Sharing.

If you haven't already ... try adding Everyone to the Share Permissions, if the above doesn't work.

Eagle51, Jul 12, 2017
  12. Ivan8ias Win User
    Thank you Eagle51. Already tried both methods. When I did that on the Windows 10 machine it messed up my Users folder and created another folder with the user's name which I couldn't delete under c drive and the user didn't appear on my network, so I had to go to a restore point to get back to where I was.

Ivan8ias, Jul 12, 2017
  13. Eagle51 Win User

W.A.G Long Shots ...
    Maybe IP address changed, like if you had Static IP's setup and it got switched to DHCP for some strange reason.
    Network got changed from Private to Public for some strange reason.

Eagle51, Jul 12, 2017
  14. Ivan8ias Win User
    What is the sintax for entering Windows credentials in Windows 10? I want my other computers in the workgroup TECHNET to be able to access Network > Toshiba > c > Users > Lin >

I assume that I can enter a Username, and of course, a Password, but I don't know how to enter the Internet or network address field exactly. Any help would be appreciated.

Ivan8ias, Jul 14, 2017
  15. Eagle51 Win User
    Just enter the COMPUTERNAME you wanting to allow
    Internet or Network Address: TECHNET

Eagle51, Jul 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials - Similar Threads - Suddenly asking Network

2. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  3. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  4. backup to network drive asks for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    backup to network drive asks for credentials: I'm getting ready to create a system image of my wife's computer. I wish to put it on a logical drive partition on an external drive that is connected to my computer and shared through our home lan. We are both hardwired to the LAN through ethernet. I can access it from her...
  5. windows 10 network issue asking for credentials

windows 10 network issue asking for credentials: I have just reinstalled windows 10 as I was having issues updating. I am now trying to setup a network. I have setup file sharing etc. my network is private. I have turned on network discovery and I have turned off the pin and the need to sign into windows.when I try to...
  6. Asking for Network Credentials

Asking for Network Credentials: I have two machines, A and B. Both run W10 1909 as local accounts. Each have the same user name and are connected to the same private network. Both appear in the other's File Explorer. A can access B but when tries to access A it gets an "Enter Network Credentials" message....
  7. windows security is suddenly asking for network credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security is suddenly asking for network credentials: I am running windows 10 with a DROBO attached via usb port to the computer. I am also using Genie Timeline Profession 2017 to maintain a backup. There is a new prompt that comes up when I try to access the DROBO it is a request to enter network credential to connect to the...
  8. WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.

WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.: My Newer PC that was working well and connected to my small network is now asking for Network Credentials. I have never had any in the first place. I have tried turning Passwords ON and OFF in the NETWORK Settings. (As suggested) still not able to open other PC'S File. Both...
  9. Network sharing asking for network credentials

Network sharing asking for network credentials: I am trying to connect to other pc's on my home network and have turned off password protected sharing. I can see the other computer in file explorer, but when I click on it I am asked for "Network Credentials". I have entered the Microsoft username and password and the...
  10. Nas200 suddenly wants network credentials

Nas200 suddenly wants network credentials: Hi All, I have a Nas200 Drive that's been working well for a while,. then all of a sudden I now have to (try to) log in using network credentials. The only thing is that it wont let me log in at all. I've used my adminstrator user & password, and my user ones too.. and...