Windows 10: Win 10 suddenly stops Task Bar Browser Icons Popup on Mouse Hover

Discus and support Win 10 suddenly stops Task Bar Browser Icons Popup on Mouse Hover in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just discovered that Win 10 will not show Task Bar Browser Icons to popup on Mouse Hover, as it used to do. Regards 126556 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nasho23, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Nasho23 Win User

Win 10 suddenly stops Task Bar Browser Icons Popup on Mouse Hover

I have just discovered that Win 10 will not show Task Bar Browser Icons to popup on Mouse Hover, as it used to do.
    Regards

:)

Nasho23, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Vwake123 Win User

No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking

When there is no window opened, hovering over taskbar app icons, a preview is shown, but on hovering over preview no full window is opened, and no peeking is done, and also clicking on that small preview, no window opened.

1. And whenever there is a window is opened then hovering over taskbar icons doesn't gives any preview of the window.
    2. But it still opens window, on just clicking on task bar icons ( i.e. working fine ).

And when two windows of any app is being opened and if minimized any of them then you can not maximise that minimized window...???

• And when both windows of same app is being minimized then hovering over task bar icon of that app still shows those two previews, but clicking on any preview doesn't provide anything, and thus it all means after minimizing those two window of that app you
      can not recover any of the window.
    Basically the problem is I'm not able to open window ( or make full ) from any task bar preview and the First (1.) one also of first paragraph.

Vwake123, Feb 3, 2019
  3. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Distorted Mouse Hover in Windows 10

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we'd like to get the following information:

• Is the issue happening on all the browser you're trying to access?
    • Have you tried hovering your mouse on any desktop icon and check if you'll be having the same problem?
    • Is the issue only happening if you'll just hover your mouse on icons?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 suddenly stops Task Bar Browser Icons Popup on Mouse Hover - Similar Threads - suddenly stops Task

2. On hovering on the battery icon in the task bar to check the battery percentage, it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On hovering on the battery icon in the task bar to check the battery percentage, it is...: When I hover over the battery icon, which is at the right side corner beside time, it was showing empty. Actually, it used to show, for instance, 55% percentage charged and 40 minutes left to fully charge the battery but now it showing nothing, its just empty....
  3. On hovering on the battery icon in the task bar to check the battery percentage, it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On hovering on the battery icon in the task bar to check the battery percentage, it is...: When I hover over the battery icon, which is at the right side corner beside time, it was showing empty. Actually, it used to show, for instance, 55% percentage charged and 40 minutes left to fully charge the battery but now it showing nothing, its just empty....
  4. Task bar not coming up when mouse hover it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar not coming up when mouse hover it: Taskbar suddenly went behind the screen and cant access it when the mouse hove it but if the windows in minimised or not maximised I can access taskbar. Its like it is sent to the back layer of the screen Here is the link of my problem.. https://youtu.be/V0-kw6RE_soIf u have...
  5. Task bar not coming up when mouse hover it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar not coming up when mouse hover it: Taskbar suddenly went behind the screen and cant access it when the mouse hove it but if the windows in minimised or not maximised I can access taskbar. Its like it is sent to the back layer of the screen Here is the link of my problem.. https://youtu.be/V0-kw6RE_soIf u have...
  6. Task bar not coming up when mouse hover it

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Task Bar icon hovering showing up repeatedly

Task Bar icon hovering showing up repeatedly: I've recently been having an error where, no matter where my mouse is on the screen, the hover-over tip that shows up when you mouse over an item on the task bar, will show up randomly, as shown in the screenshot taken below. It only seems to show up on my right monitor, when...
  8. Task bar icon popup.

Task bar icon popup.: Hey! I want my task bar icons to popup when my cursor is on the icon. I saw it on my friends computer. I want it on my computer. I can't get help from anywhere. I am currently using windows 10....
  9. Icons Missing on Task Bar - WIN 10

Icons Missing on Task Bar - WIN 10: Some of my icons are gone and font show up in the task bar. If I hover over the preview shows. help please? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-missing-on-task-bar-win-10/843a8747-3466-441f-add7-691411906e71
  10. Mouse hover on task bar the pop up gets stuck?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse hover on task bar the pop up gets stuck?: When i pass over the task bar and the window associated with the icon pops up for preview, the last one ive passed over stays popped up and only goes away if i open the window and minimize it again. Any ideas how to make it not get stuck when i move the mouse around the task...