Windows 10: Win 10 Surface Go Skype call drops when screen sleeps due to MS Hello

Discus and support Win 10 Surface Go Skype call drops when screen sleeps due to MS Hello in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I originally posted this in the Skype forum but think this is principally a Win 10 issue and in specific Windows Hello. During a Skype call whilst on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DetestMS, Jan 29, 2020.

1. DetestMS Win User

Win 10 Surface Go Skype call drops when screen sleeps due to MS Hello

I originally posted this in the Skype forum but think this is principally a Win 10 issue and in specific Windows Hello.

During a Skype call whilst on battery my screen went black after 5mins, as set in 'Power & Sleep'. I touched the screen to reactivate it and then got a message to effect that I could not sign-in because the camera was in use. I then was offered the PIN to sign-in which dropped my Skype call presumably because it is initiating a new log-in session?.

On investigation it seems under 'Accounts, Sign-In' that if you use Windows Hello facial recognition it prevents you setting the 'Require Sign-in' option to a time or 'Never' such that it becomes 'Every Time'. This means if the screen times out during a Skype call it cannot sign back in because the camera is in use.

Questions:

1. How to prevent the screen timer activating during a skype call if I don't happen to touch the screen for the 5 mins without having to set the timer off to a longer time every time I receive or make a call? In other words I want to retain the 5 minutes timer on the screen but would expect that a Skype video call should generate the requisite activity signal to keep it awake.

2. How to prevent the PC requiring a sign-in every time the screen wakes when Windows Hello is switched on. Compounding the above issue Windows Hello prevents just moving the mouse or touching the screen because it demands a facial recognition sign-in which it cannot undertake because Skype has the camera.

See the notice in red on this screen grab and greyed out option to set a time or never for 'Require Sign-in' :

Win 10 Surface Go Skype call drops when screen sleeps due to MS Hello fa7edd0e-160b-49ea-af14-00bdc4d83b8a?upload=true.jpg

:)

DetestMS, Jan 29, 2020

2. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

hi, thank you. I followed your advice but just worked for turn off and turn on and I am still encountering the screen not on after sleep. look forward to any further assistance for this screen not on after sleep. Thank you

SokthearithYi, Jan 29, 2020
  4. J.Mac Win User

Skype - screen sharing Surface Book, dock - not able to share screen via Skype for Business

I am having an issue accomplishing screen sharing through Skype for Business

Running Win 10 (latest release) - all updates installed

Surface Book, i7, Surface Book dock and 3 external monitors

When I try to share my desktop or an application via Skype for Business with a remote user - it looks like it will share the other user accepts - then I get a message "An Error Occurred" and the screen isn't shared

Any insight/help/suggestions appreciated

thanks!

J.Mac, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 Surface Go Skype call drops when screen sleeps due to MS Hello - Similar Threads - Surface Skype call

2. Surface pro 3 OS win 10 not going to Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface pro 3 OS win 10 not going to Sleep.: We are using surface pro 3 with windows 10 OS. surface device not going to sleep when i apply sleep command from Start ->Power -> Sleep. after apply sleep command only PC get locked but not going to sleep. as we checked if we restart OS and then try to sleep without user...
  3. TunnelBear on Surface Go running MS 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TunnelBear on Surface Go running MS 10: I am trying to use TunnelBear VPN on a MS SurFace GO running WIn 10 with S Mode. Any idea why I can't use TunnelBear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tunnelbear-on-surface-go-running-ms-10/a1311eff-177d-4078-90be-7bce4dff46bc
  4. Split Screen Expansion (MS Surface GO Tablet)

in Windows 10 Support
    Split Screen Expansion (MS Surface GO Tablet): I use a MS Surface GO tablet with Windows 10 OS, (with most current version). I use a program called GSAK which utilizes a split screen feature displaying a map at the bottom half of the screen. The top half displays a database list of line items. When I try to expand the...
  5. Win 10 showing lock screen when going to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 showing lock screen when going to sleep: hi there, since about 6 months, with one of the last updates, the PC started something odd, and my wife's computer is doing exactly the same, 2 laptops, one asus one lenovo.. so when you click power button for going into sleep mode, the lock screen flashes back for like...
  6. why does skype app closes while in call, and why does skype calls drops

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does skype app closes while in call, and why does skype calls drops: window 10 lab top from last update every call I make or receive the app closes when I mean closes it crash's, two why does skype drop calls with good connection hard wired, and many others have the same issue...
  7. why does skype app closes while in call, and while does skype calls drops

why does skype app closes while in call, and while does skype calls drops: window 10 lab top from last update every call I make or receive the app closes when I mean closes it crash's, two why does skype drop calls with good connection hard wired, and many others have the same issue...
  8. YouTube on MS Surface Go

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    YouTube on MS Surface Go: Hi all I have found the YouTube app to download from the Win appstore but it sends me somewhere else to authorise the download, that is when it looses me because the page is in my account with all my devises and nowhere a download button or anything like it to be found. Any...
  9. WIN 10 Not locking when going to sleep

WIN 10 Not locking when going to sleep: Specs: Win 10 Pro 64 bit desktop Version 1803 Build 17134.407 Installed 11/10/2018 Since the update to 1803 if the computer goes to sleep upon wake up it does not require pin/password to login to the last account that was active. There used to be a setting for...
  10. skype to skype video call screen display

skype to skype video call screen display: Is there a way to full screen an incoming video skype to skype call on my computer , instead of seeing the caller in a small window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-to-skype-video-call-screen-display/ad12afb3-fa41-4f7f-8108-301ae220f47a