Windows 10: Win 10 Surface Pro 3 not connected to internet when wire is plugged in

Discus and support Win 10 Surface Pro 3 not connected to internet when wire is plugged in in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having this issue with a Surface Pro 3 on a dock, that when it is plugged in to a certain port it doesn't recognize the internet connection. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IanOlayvar, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Win 10 Surface Pro 3 not connected to internet when wire is plugged in

I am having this issue with a Surface Pro 3 on a dock, that when it is plugged in to a certain port it doesn't recognize the internet connection. If I take the surface to a different port and plug it in it works, if I get a different surface and plug it in to the port I am working with it works. Its only when the surface I am working with is plugged into that specific port, that it doesn't work. I need this surface plugged into this port, I can't plug it in anywhere else.

I have tried updating drivers, changing the dock, and also plugging in a USB to Ethernet adapter to bypass the dock. Nothing has worked. I also can't just get a different Surface because I don't have another surface with Win 10 on it. I need to have this Surface connected to this port but it will not work.

Any Ideas? *Biggrin

:)

IanOlayvar, Nov 23, 2015
  2. hrostoke Win User

Surface Pro 3 with Win 10 when connected Dual display, can't see the login screen, it is seen on a single display.

Original title: Surface Pro 3 with Win 10 and Dual Monitor

I have Surface Pro 3 . I have Win 10. When connected to dual display - userid and password fields do not show. When only Surface 3 screen is running , then fields show. This happens on boot up and lock screen. I need to remove second screen cable and
    then field shows on surface screen. Any idea how to get dual screen to show fields.

hrostoke, Nov 23, 2015
  3. Surface Pro 3 with Win 10 when connected Dual display, can't see the login screen, it is seen on a single display.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers and check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

1. Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand ‘Display Adapters’.

3. Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

4. Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.

5. Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Reference:

You may please refer to the below article on how to connect Surface pro 3 to a monitor and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-to-a-tv-display-or-projector?os=windows-10

Problems connecting Surface Pro 3 to multiple monitors with USB after latest updates

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Nov 23, 2015
  4. Win 10 Surface Pro 3 not connected to internet when wire is plugged in

Does anyone have anyone have and idea on what is going on with this Surface?

IanOlayvar, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 Surface Pro 3 not connected to internet when wire is plugged in

1. Win 10 Surface Pro 3 not connected to internet when wire is plugged in - Similar Threads - Surface Pro connected

2. My Win 10 Surface Pro 3 not connecting to Spectrum Wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Win 10 Surface Pro 3 not connecting to Spectrum Wifi: This general issue has been posted recently with a few different answers with many, many persons asking the same question. My other devices iphone, ipad, Roku, Samsung TV and integrated NAD audio amp work fine to access the new Spectrum wi-fi device and separate modem-router,...
  3. My Win 10 Surface Pro 3 not connecting to Spectrum Wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Win 10 Surface Pro 3 not connecting to Spectrum Wifi: This general issue has been posted recently with a few different answers with many, many persons asking the same question. My other devices iphone, ipad, Roku, Samsung TV and integrated NAD audio amp work fine to access the new Spectrum wi-fi device and separate modem-router,...
  4. My Win 10 Surface Pro 3 not connecting to Spectrum Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!: I have a Surface Pro 4 & 3. They connect to Wi-Fi without issue. When I try to connect to the internet it won’t. I have tried many recommendations on this site but nothing resolves my issue. Any last ditch ideas before I purchase an apple product? So very frustrated!...
  6. Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!: I have a Surface Pro 4 & 3. They connect to Wi-Fi without issue. When I try to connect to the internet it won’t. I have tried many recommendations on this site but nothing resolves my issue. Any last ditch ideas before I purchase an apple product? So very frustrated!...
  7. Surface Pro 4 and 3 can connect to WiFi but not internet!

8. No Internet after factory reset Surface Pro 3 win 10

No Internet after factory reset Surface Pro 3 win 10: My surface would not restart so I did factory reset. While I had no issues prior to reset, I can connect to Wi-Fi, hot-spot & Ethernet, but have no internet. No issues with other devices, so it is isolated to Surface Pro. Tried: Uninstalling Drivers & restarting...
  9. Surface Pro 3 - Plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 3 - Plugged in but not charging: Hello, I am having an issues that it seems MANY people have also had. My Surface Pro 3 only works when plugged in and when I remove AC power, it shuts off immediately. It reads "0% available (plugged in, not charging)." I have read countless threads on with this issues and I...
  10. Surface Pro 3: No Internet after Resetting

Surface Pro 3: No Internet after Resetting: Hi, I recently has the problem of the Blue death Screen or the Inaccessible_Boot_Device issue with my Surface Pro 3. None of the solution seems to work. It wont enter Safe Mode, it wont recognise the external Clean Installation Media USB drive for reinstallation. Finally,...