Windows 10: win 10 system audio icon in task tray not responding.

Discus and support win 10 system audio icon in task tray not responding. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; lately, every once in a while my system audio icon in the task tray will not respond and I have to open the system volume adjust window to manage sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephVolkel, Dec 26, 2018.

1. win 10 system audio icon in task tray not responding.

lately, every once in a while my system audio icon in the task tray will not respond and I have to open the system volume adjust window to manage sound level. Sometimes a rebooy will wake it up, and sometimes it won't. Is there a fix for this. It started happening after a system update a few months ago.

:)

JosephVolkel, Dec 26, 2018

2. Win 10 Upgrade Icon Still in System Tray

As stated in the original post I have already uninstalled KB3035583 and hidden it in order to prevent inadvertent re-installation. I have also hidden the optional updates relating to Win 10 Pro. However I still have the Win 10 icon in my system tray. The
    link you added above only deals with steps I have already taken. How do I get rid of the Win 10 icon from the system tray please?

Thanks

Pete

pete_w_chidraconis, Dec 26, 2018
  3. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 26, 2018
  4. p060477 Win User

win 10 system audio icon in task tray not responding.

unable to create tray icon...

i've gpu-z PORTABLE since years..from win xp ..to win 8 to 8.1 to win 10 BEFORE anniv update...
    AND it Always start at win start up in the tray icon
    since win 10 i have to create a task which WORKS before vers 1607 anniv update

IT'S ONLY NOW with the anniv update that i t fails to create...

so pls stop sayin SILLY things

and works on yr tool to be able to suite also this last win 10 update...
    or you PRETEND that Microsoft make the changes to suit yr tool..??

check yr brain PLEASE...

*Wink win 10 system audio icon in task tray not responding. ;)

p060477, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

win 10 system audio icon in task tray not responding.

1. win 10 system audio icon in task tray not responding. - Similar Threads - system audio icon

2. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray Icon Will Not Display.: Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the...
  3. System tray icon size

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray icon size: In a recent windows update i noticed that the system tray, little arrow on the bottom right of task bar when opened, the icons have stayed the same size but the buttons to click on them are alot larger. This widens the system tray alot. Is there any way how to change this?...
  4. System Tray Icons not responding after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Tray Icons not responding after 2004 update: I'm facing an issue with system tray icons after Windows 10 2004 update. I have updated the windows on my laptop two days ago and since then the icons in the system tray (right side of the taskbar) are not responding to click. When I hover the cursor over the icon, I can see...
  5. Task Manager System Tray Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager System Tray Icon in Windows 10: I would like to have the system tray icon of the Task Manager started at boot in WIndows 10. I have tried the batch file method in StackOverflow and the old Windows 7 Method it does not seem to work anymore. Please Help....
  6. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  7. Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar: [ATTACH]I'm having an issue where a user logs in and the icons in the system tray that would normally be hidden in the overflow container are not being hidden. Also, the option to hide the icons is enabled but it is not hiding any of the icons in the system tray that are...
  8. system tray icons

system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  9. Missing Bluetooth Icon on Task/System Tray in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Bluetooth Icon on Task/System Tray in Windows 10: How do I restore my Bluetooth Icon? Recently had an update that "could not be completed" and ever since then, my Bluetooth icon seemed to have disappeared. I went into Devices & Printers and the settings for Bluetooth are not displayed. What do I need to do the get...
  10. Ugly system tray icons

Ugly system tray icons: This is not really a problem, but is there a way to make these icons look better? [img] Especially the Wifi and battery icons. 48490