Windows 10: Win 10 System Backup failing

Discus and support Win 10 System Backup failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On attempting a Microsoft Windows 10 System Image Backup I receive the message "There is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeoffHMS, Jan 11, 2021.

1. GeoffHMS Win User

Win 10 System Backup failing

On attempting a Microsoft Windows 10 System Image Backup I receive the message "There is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the storage location" but there is.

:)

GeoffHMS, Jan 11, 2021

2. win 10 and system image

Hi James,

To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow the steps on these links:

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Raymond Ave, Jan 11, 2021
  4. bgw2go Win User

Windows 10 System Image Backup fails

I have not tried this resolution because of the initial steps I listed in my question. As mentioned in my original statement, I performed a clean install of Windows 10, yet when I tried to restore the computer from a System Image Backup it failed. As I just
    got the computer up and running again with Windows 7, I didn't want to go back and try this fix as I didn't see how it would help as I originally upgraded from a Windows 7 computer that has BIOS, and upon looking at the settings, there is nothing listed about
    EFI.

bgw2go, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Win 10 System Backup failing - Similar Threads - System Backup failing

2. Windows System Image backup failing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows System Image backup failing: Win 10 Pro 1904. I run a System Image Backup via File History every week or so, and did so after installing 1904 last week. Today's run is failing. I did swap in a new nonsystem backup HDD earlier today that had been cloned previously and reestablished some drive letters (and...
  3. System image backup failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System image backup failed: System image backup failed FIRST ATTEMPT The backup failed The operation timed-out before the shadow copy was created on the storage location (0x80780036) Additional Information: The shadow copy provider timed out \while flushing data to the volume being shadow...
  4. Win 10 backup failed

Win 10 backup failed: I am unable to backup my hp laptop to a 1Tb usb drive. Am getting the message a shadow copy cant be created error 0x81000019 please check VSS and SPP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-backup-failed/dc105320-3f0b-4f1b-a1af-555c5c8ffd5e
  5. System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10

System Image Backup Failed In Windows 10: Today I wish to share this solution that I found from this community credited by Syed Abdul Jabbar that he answered this issue long time ago.(Replied on September 21, 2015) In case you did not see it. However, First before you will do this step, I would like to share a trick...
  6. system image backup failed

system image backup failed: I had a successful image backup a year ago. However, recently, when I tried to do image backup, it failed. Please see the attached file. It happened on version 1809. I checked history service and volume shadow copy service and both of them were on automatic and had started. I...
  7. "Create a system image" "The backup failed"

"Create a system image" "The backup failed": Windows 10 Pro Build 1809 fully updated Trying to create a system image. Steps followed: File History - System Image Backup New windows opens - "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" Click "Create a system image" Browse to external USB drive Process commences then this...
  8. backup fail in win 10

backup fail in win 10: Backup in win 10 fails with error code 0x800706BA, I have attempted the reply posted but no 'properties' is shown when I click computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup-fail-in-win-10/d9e6a4d5-0754-4fc0-b7a0-57d9387fac76
  9. Can not Backup or system image, Win 10

Can not Backup or system image, Win 10: I have had win 10 on my laptop 5 months or so being upgraded from win 8, 8.1 etc. In this time I have not been able to backup to my (eSATA) external HD. I need to do some program work so I want to back up before going ahead. Before someone says use this or that backup program...
  10. Cannot Backup or system image, Win 10

Cannot Backup or system image, Win 10: I've recently upgraded 8.1 to 10. Things seemed somewhat okay but before I try to do anything with programs, etc., I want to back up and also make a system image to an external drive. This will not happen, I get error codes, 0x807800c5 and 0x80780081. I do not want to resort...