Windows 10: Win 10 System repair disk question

Discus and support Win 10 System repair disk question in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since now I don't have install disks and I have 4 versions of Win 10 (Home 64 bit, Home 32 bit, Pro 64 bit and Pro 32 bit) do I need 4 versions of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DUFFER, Aug 25, 2015.

1. DUFFER Win User

Win 10 System repair disk question

Since now I don't have install disks and I have 4 versions of Win 10 (Home 64 bit, Home 32 bit, Pro 64 bit and Pro 32 bit) do I need 4 versions of system repair disk or will one disk work on everything? Tks.

:)

DUFFER, Aug 25, 2015
  2. loyall Win User

Can't Roll back from Win10 to Win 7. Windows stuck at "Welcome to Windows" after upgrading to Windows 10.

You did not answer my questions.

1) Is the startup repair option on the Win7 repair disk the same as the startup repair option in the media creation tool?

2) Would a Win 10 repair disk created on another computer be the same?

In other words can a Win 10 repair disk created on another computer allow me to roll back to Win 7.

PS Your posts are too technical and too terse. I have no idea what ISO is. Upgrading to Win 10 was not supposed to destroy my computer. Ability to roll back was promised. Can my Win 7 repair disk be used to reinstall my Win 7 system image?

Please answer each question separately or refer my problem to another support engineer.

loyall, Aug 25, 2015
  3. AlokeP Win User
    System Repair Disk for BU and Restore (Windows 7) in Windows 10

Thanks!

My question was about something else entirely!! I am not talking about upgrading to Win 10 or installing Win 10 on new PC.

I am already using Win 10 on a laptop. Win 10 has a Win 7-style image backup. Restoring Windows 10 from that image backup requires booting from "System Repair Disk". The only way to make a System Repair Disk is to a DVD burner. I don't have a DVD burner.

How do I create a System Repair Disk on a USB drive so that I can restore from image backups?

Aloke

PS: I wish I could attach screen-shots to posts here..

AlokeP, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 System repair disk question

1. Win 10 System repair disk question - Similar Threads - System repair disk

2. system repair disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system repair disk?: what is a system repair disk and how do I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c920d5c3-8bf7-4150-98c9-9358a3ada27a
  3. system repair disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system repair disk?: what is a system repair disk and how do I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c920d5c3-8bf7-4150-98c9-9358a3ada27a
  4. use of a System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use of a System Repair Disk: Good morning.quick question: is a system repair disk usable by more than one system. I have 4 different PCs for family members and every couple months I run backups on all of them. In the past, I have created a system repair disk for each of them. Do I need to do that? All of...
  5. Problem with Win 10 system repair disk or recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Win 10 system repair disk or recovery disk: I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me regarding safety disks/usb. I have Windows 10 Home 64bit. It says ut is version 19042, 1502 I am trying to make a new up-to-date Windows system repair disk. My previous repair disk seems to boot up fine but the two brand new...
  6. System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Repair Disk: I couldn't find any information in support about my question. Which is: Do we need to create a new "System Repair Disk" for "System Backup" each time we update the new version of our Windows 10?...
  7. system repair disk

system repair disk: I was told that I can use a USB drive to create system repair drive but the only option is to use DVD/CD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disk/c4bc3e8d-81e1-4756-9ac6-6ca0ae08e632
  8. System Image & System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image & System Repair Disk: My company jettisoned our IT Department and contracted for IT services with an outside firm. Field personnel provided with laptop or desktop (or both) are now required to perform a System Image once per week and, in addition, to create a System Repair CD/DVD each week as part...
  9. System Image & Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image & Repair Disk: Hello all, When I purchased my computer, a salesman recommended I make a system image in case of computer failure and said I should use a 32 GB external drive. So I took his recommendation and bought one of those USB types. As I pulled up the application to perform this...
  10. System recovery question - Win 8 / Win 10

System recovery question - Win 8 / Win 10: I am working on an HP laptop which was bought with WIndows 8, but now has a corrupt, infected Windows10 installation. Having exhausted all the less invasive options, I am now looking at using the System Recovery option to get a clean version of Windows I can build on....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my system repair said theirs no media on disk what media is it talkng about