Windows 10: win 10 takes a looong time to restart!

Discus and support win 10 takes a looong time to restart! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hey. i recently had some issues with ntfs.sys and fixed it by updating the bios etc. now it takes way too long to restart windows,and when it does,it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ddmeltzer8, Jul 12, 2020.

1. win 10 takes a looong time to restart!

hey.
    i recently had some issues with ntfs.sys and fixed it by updating the bios etc.
    now it takes way too long to restart windows,and when it does,it skips the splash screen to go into the bios completely!i have to do gymnastics just to get in the bios,and i dont like it!it also takes a long time just to shut down windows.in both cases it chills around on the "Restarting" splash screen.
    please help!

thanks.

:)

ddmeltzer8, Jul 12, 2020
  2. cristi2k Win User

Windows 10 Restart takes 2 minutes

After a couple of hours of crazy browsing : I disabled win 10 fast startup thing that lead to a looong shutdown too , so now both shutdown and restart were taking alot of time . After a while a found a setting called Shutdown : Clear virtual memory pagefile . Well..windows tooltip said that this option is disabled by default , mine was somehow enabled. After disabling this , restart and shutdown went to normal under 10 sec to shutdown .

cristi2k, Jul 12, 2020
  3. trog100 Win User
    why does small win 10 update take so long..

i have several devices i watch update the little phablet being one of them.. its now at 77% but i have tried restarting downloads often.. it never improves things just takes even longer cos it has to start at the begining again.. he he

i am not talking about a this time one off.. i am talking every time.. which where win 10 is concerned is many times.. he he

trog

ps.. i do have a fast cable connection so it has nothing to do with my bandwidth..

trog100, Jul 12, 2020
  4. midgo Win User

win 10 takes a looong time to restart!

Win 10 1607 Restart Issue

I am having a Win 10 1607 restart issue.

In my case the PC tries to restart but the monitor screen goes black and then the monitor screen powers off.

The PC keeps running but will not restart.

I have to push the reset button to restart the PC.

Shut down works fine.

In both restart and shutdown there are no spinning dots...

Can any one help with this restart issue.

I have tried most suggestions on the interwebz:////

My next step is to go back to the previously installed version 1511 in which restart worked then do an upgrade from the 1607 ISO I downloaded.

If this fails I will bite the bullet and do a clean install but I would rather just resolve the issue if I can as I have Win 10 running just the way I like it:///

midgo, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

win 10 takes a looong time to restart!

1. win 10 takes a looong time to restart! - Similar Threads - takes looong restart

2. restart taking time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    restart taking time: I am facing a problem since last 4 to 5 months that my pc does't restart when i restart it. It takes a lot of time to restart and then i have to switch it off and turn it on again. I have tried troubleshooters but it did not worked. pls look inot it....
  3. Event ID 1000 for a looong time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 1000 for a looong time: Hi, i´ve been having this error message on viewer for months, it happens almost everytime i play this game, the stuttering is annoying and i just cant find out a solution.i've tried DISM and SFC method, no problem at all. steam check file integrity, done.steam and rogue...
  4. Event ID 1000 for a looong time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 1000 for a looong time: Hi, i´ve been having this error message on viewer for months, it happens almost everytime i play this game, the stuttering is annoying and i just cant find out a solution.i've tried DISM and SFC method, no problem at all. steam check file integrity, done.steam and rogue...
  5. PC takes a long time to restart

PC takes a long time to restart: My pc takes a long time to restart since a few days ago. It takes like 10-15 minutes to restart. Please help me to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-takes-a-long-time-to-restart/deaea9a5-320e-475f-af94-8a4bbdf073e1
  6. PC takes a long time to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC takes a long time to restart: My pc takes a long time to restart since a few days ago. It takes like 10-15 minutes to restart. Please help me to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-takes-a-long-time-to-restart/deaea9a5-320e-475f-af94-8a4bbdf073e1
  7. PC takes a long time to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC takes a long time to restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC takes a long time to restart?: Basically if I use the Restart option it takes a long time for my PC to restart, the keyboard and screen will go off as they should, but instead of kicking back in straight away, they will take about a minute before they come back on and then windows instantly loads. I have...
  9. WINDOWS 10 UNLOCKING TAKING TIME After restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 UNLOCKING TAKING TIME After restart: Hi Team, I am using windows 10 after updating to windows version 2004os build 19041.630.Windows unlocking taking 1 to 5 mins more than 5 mins some time. kindly analyse the issue. Please let me know any other details required. Kindly do the needful. Thanks & Regards,...
  10. Win 10 taking a really long time to boot

Win 10 taking a really long time to boot: I have a Dell Inspiron 3531 with the Windows 10 free upgrade (Home edition) and an Intel Celeron N2830. Since a couple of days, my laptop is taking a really long time to start up. After it powers on, there is a blank screen for 1-2 minutes before the Dell logo and loading...