Windows 10: Win 10 taking a really long time to boot

Discus and support Win 10 taking a really long time to boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 3531 with the Windows 10 free upgrade (Home edition) and an Intel Celeron N2830. Since a couple of days, my laptop is taking a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by infinityring, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Win 10 taking a really long time to boot

I have a Dell Inspiron 3531 with the Windows 10 free upgrade (Home edition) and an Intel Celeron N2830. Since a couple of days, my laptop is taking a really long time to start up.

After it powers on, there is a blank screen for 1-2 minutes before the Dell logo and loading circle appears. The loading screen doesn't take a long time and the logon screen comes up pretty quickly, but I'm just concerned about what is happening right after I press the power button. There is a blank screen for far too long (no cursor, ctrl-alt-del doesn't work, nothing.)

The Task Manager says the last BIOS time is anywhere from 60-90 seconds (I got different times throughout the last few days). I have updated all drivers and turned on Fast Startup. Any other suggestions/help would be much appreciated!

:)

infinityring, Mar 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 takes a really long time to boot up.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

This issue might occur if the system files or user account get corrupted.

Few more details would help us to provide a better response.

1. What are the troubleshooting steps that you tried to resolve the issue?

2. Did you make any software changes to the computer prior to this issue?

3. What do you mean you can’t access the sign-in options? Is the option greyed out?

4. Do you receive any error message or code?

You may run the Microsoft account troubleshooter to check if it helps.

You can download the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter from here:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

You may update all the drivers and check if it helps, you may refer to the below article on how to update the drivers in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-update-drivers

You may also install all the pending updates and check if it helps.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Reference:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Mar 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 takes a really long time to boot up.

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Sorry for that reference link, I understand that you had mentioned that it was not a blue screen issue rather it was the Windows 10 startup loading screen.

If you still face the same issue after trying the suggestion given in my earlier post.

You may run the SFC and DISM by following the below link and check if it helps.

SFC: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

DISM: It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

If the issue still persist after performing SFC and DISM, I suggest you to run Startup repair from Advance boot option.

It may ask you to insert the Installation DVD/USB while doing startup repair.

You have to create an installation media for that.

You may download an ISO from the below link:

Download Windows 10

Once your media is ready follow the steps.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click on Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.

• Click on Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Automatic Repair from Advanced Options screen.

• Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.

• Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.
    Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Mar 22, 2016
  4. socklosk Win User

Win 10 taking a really long time to boot

My guess is that your Bios may be upset about a piece of hardware. I would try disconnecting everything, including a second hard drive if you have one installed (remove the mouse and keyboard too). If the problem goes away, start installing the disconnected devices one at a time until you find the guilty device.

socklosk, Mar 23, 2016
  5. Now that you mention it... I use a USB wireless adapter instead of the built-in one, and that has been malfunctioning on and off for about the same time as the boot problem has been happening. I got a shiny new USB adapter today and it's working great. I'll try to boot up later tonight or tomorrow morning and see how it goes.

Thank you!

infinityring, Mar 23, 2016
  6. It was the faulty USB adapter. I now have no blank screen after powering on and the BIOS time is down to 3.9 seconds! *Biggrin

Thanks again!

infinityring, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 taking a really long time to boot

1. Win 10 taking a really long time to boot - Similar Threads - taking really long

2. really long booting time with SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    really long booting time with SSD: i have an old Lenovo G40-45 swapped the boot drive with 128GB SSD, but the HDD is still used using caddy in the dvd slot running Windows 10 20H2 the SSD used only for windows drive, all of my data (documents, games etc) stored in HDD using fast startup mode the boot time is...
  3. Laptop taking long time to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop taking long time to boot: I have Lenovo Z50-70, WIN 10 I recently found that my laptop taking time for the booting. In addition, many times it hangs suddenly. The boot problem was seen whenever I connect the projector, DINSHI INFINIX+ NVDIA control panel also dose not work. Please help...
  4. Windows taking long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows taking long time to boot: Hii , My laptop is taking long time to boot. It is stuck at welcome home screen for about 3-4 mins. This was not a issue till yesterday. I think some automatic update caused this issue. I tried updating my windows to latest version but it won't work. I updated gpu...
  5. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: It's my first time asking a question here . Hope i get some answers. I upgraded to windows 10 home from windows 8.1. My Windows 10 takes about 8 minutes too boot up My Notebook specifications are as follows. It is a HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i3 4005U ,...
  6. Windows 10 takes long time to boot

Windows 10 takes long time to boot: Hi, I had this problem since 2 days ago, it will take long time to boot and stuck on black screen with spinning circle for the longest time before I can sign in into my laptop. I have been trying to fix it with the internet help(windows 10 trouble shooting, reddit, etc)....
  7. Windows 10 PC taking really long to boot up.

Windows 10 PC taking really long to boot up.: Hi all: My issue is that my PC would start up in approximately 5-7 seconds (I have an SSD). Then last night I was going to shut down my PC because I was going to bed but I accidentally hit restart. So I was waiting for it to restart and it was stuck on the windows 10 boot...
  8. win.10 taking long time to boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    win.10 taking long time to boot up: For the last 3 weeks or so, when i boot up w.-10, it takes about 10 minutes to start, compared to previously about 20 seconds. I use w. 10 - 64 bit - kasperskyTotal....
  9. w10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 takes a long time to boot: My w10 takes a long time to boot, the desktop apps load , then grey out and load again along with the apps pinned to start bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-takes-a-long-time-to-boot/63448655-da7a-4382-add5-07bcbccd81f0
  10. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here. So, the screen with the Windows logo and loading circle...