Windows 10: win.10 taking long time to boot up

Discus and support win.10 taking long time to boot up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For the last 3 weeks or so, when i boot up w.-10, it takes about 10 minutes to start, compared to previously about 20 seconds. I use w. 10 - 64 bit -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jaydondee, Jan 7, 2019.

1. jaydondee Win User

win.10 taking long time to boot up

For the last 3 weeks or so, when i boot up w.-10, it takes about 10 minutes to start, compared to previously about 20 seconds. I use w. 10 - 64 bit - kasperskyTotal.

:)

jaydondee, Jan 7, 2019
  2. shubhzr Win User

Windows 10 taking too long to boot.

few days back I updated my pc to windows 10 although features are good, but its taking too much time for booting.

it takes around 5 mins to start its so irritating and same takes too long to log off.

anyone with the same problem?

please give suggestions.

thanks

shubhzr, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Time computer takes to boot up

Hi,

It is possible that it takes too long to boot up after the update because the Fast Startup is disabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable Fast Startup. This helps start your computer faster after shutdown:

• Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    • If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
    • Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 7, 2019
  4. win.10 taking long time to boot up

Windows 10 taking long time to Boot

Hi Arjan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As the system is taking a long time to boot up, follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Method 2: Perform a Startup Repair.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

win.10 taking long time to boot up

1. win.10 taking long time to boot up - Similar Threads - taking long boot

2. Laptop takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop takes a long time to boot: Hello, My laptop takes from 10 to 20 minutes till it turns on. Almost all start up apps are disabled I tried a whole scan and there were no threats I tried clean up and desk fragmentationAnd lastly I reset my device by deleting everything and reinstalled the windows from...
  3. Laptop taking long time to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop taking long time to boot: I have Lenovo Z50-70, WIN 10 I recently found that my laptop taking time for the booting. In addition, many times it hangs suddenly. The boot problem was seen whenever I connect the projector, DINSHI INFINIX+ NVDIA control panel also dose not work. Please help...
  4. Windows taking long time to boot

Windows taking long time to boot: Hii , My laptop is taking long time to boot. It is stuck at welcome home screen for about 3-4 mins. This was not a issue till yesterday. I think some automatic update caused this issue. I tried updating my windows to latest version but it won't work. I updated gpu...
  5. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: It's my first time asking a question here . Hope i get some answers. I upgraded to windows 10 home from windows 8.1. My Windows 10 takes about 8 minutes too boot up My Notebook specifications are as follows. It is a HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i3 4005U ,...
  6. Windows 10 takes long time to boot

Windows 10 takes long time to boot: Hi, I had this problem since 2 days ago, it will take long time to boot and stuck on black screen with spinning circle for the longest time before I can sign in into my laptop. I have been trying to fix it with the internet help(windows 10 trouble shooting, reddit, etc)....
  7. w10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 takes a long time to boot: My w10 takes a long time to boot, the desktop apps load , then grey out and load again along with the apps pinned to start bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-takes-a-long-time-to-boot/63448655-da7a-4382-add5-07bcbccd81f0
  8. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here. So, the screen with the Windows logo and loading circle...
  9. Win 10 taking long time to start up after reset

Win 10 taking long time to start up after reset: Hi, folks. Everytime I press the rest button in my case and Windows (is supposed to) load, after Windows 10 icon, it gets black. Once it got black for a looong time and I had nothing more to do than reset settings. So, I lost all my applications register (I'm having to...
  10. Win 10 taking a really long time to boot

Win 10 taking a really long time to boot: I have a Dell Inspiron 3531 with the Windows 10 free upgrade (Home edition) and an Intel Celeron N2830. Since a couple of days, my laptop is taking a really long time to start up. After it powers on, there is a blank screen for 1-2 minutes before the Dell logo and loading...