Windows 10: Win 10 Task Bar

Discus and support Win 10 Task Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Again microsoft has outdone itself with stupidity. The task bar, when opening programs gets crowded, instead of reducing size of link, it keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dkpatt, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Dkpatt Win User

Win 10 Task Bar

Again microsoft has outdone itself with stupidity. The task bar, when opening programs gets crowded, instead of reducing size of link, it keeps shifting files links till they are no longer displayed and you have to start shutting down multitask items to get the tab to show again, what genius came up with this idea.

Is there a way to get these tabs to stay visible? MacBook is looking mighty good compared to this garbage.

:)

Dkpatt, Sep 5, 2018
  2. sp_999 Win User

Critical error task bar win 10

When will the critical error for win 10 for task bar be resolved. All suggestions have been tried and this does not work.

Do you have any other suggestions or an ETA?

sp_999, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Win 10 Task Bar

No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Task Bar

1. Win 10 Task Bar - Similar Threads - Task Bar

2. News and Interests not showing on task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    News and Interests not showing on task bar: I have 3 Windows 10 PCs with the latest updates, only one of them got the News and Interests on the taskbar, they seem to be a the exact same version levels.What would cause this?...
  3. Loss of task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of task bar: I have lost my task bar - can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-task-bar/5d41e214-774e-4ab5-836f-fb85919558b6
  4. Small yellow line appearing beneath task bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Small yellow line appearing beneath task bar: Hey!I have been using a Lenovo laptop from a long time now but recently I have started to face some issues with it. A small color sensitive line starts to appear below the taskbar after using the laptop for few minutes, the line is a clone of the top part of the screen[Video...
  5. PROBLEM - Task Bar Link

PROBLEM - Task Bar Link: Hello! I have a problem about task bar links. I tried to make my pinned applications to go to the middle of the task barthen I turned links off then on and I changed my mind about it being in the middle so I tried to move to the left side like how I make it go to the middle...
  6. Windows search key-box is missing from task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search key-box is missing from task bar: Ver. 1909 OS Build 18363.1533 I'm missing the box when hitting windows key and R it opens it. But if i forget to use that method, i'd rather the box be present on the task bar. I hit taskview in the context menu when looking over that strip or the context menu for the...
  7. Windows Task Bar.

Windows Task Bar.: I noticed today 5/6/2021 that Microsoft News put an icon on my taskbar. If my mouse touches the icon a page of news pops up. I didn't ask for this trash to be put on my taskbar and would like to get rid of it. I've tried a few things but I can't seem to find a way to turn it...
  8. CPU CORES & TASK BAR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU CORES & TASK BAR: My i5-10210U processor have 4 cores but my task manager only show me one chart! Are my other cores disabled? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-cores-task-bar/e7f4ee97-3953-437f-b3e1-3db72fc1598a
  9. How to make a non-hidden task bar icon hidden in the task bar

How to make a non-hidden task bar icon hidden in the task bar: I always open a lot of apps and the taskbar is always full. I don't need to use some apps but I need to keep them open. I want to make them organized by putting them in the hidden tray in the taskbar. How do I do it? Or it's straightforward, not possible?...
  10. display BOTH current time and current date in the Task Bar

display BOTH current time and current date in the Task Bar: how does one display BOTH current day and current time in the task bar. this should NOT be a difficult operation.But clear instructions are nowhere to be easily found....