Windows 10: win 10 task scheduler - failed to execute <file name>.exe

Discus and support win 10 task scheduler - failed to execute .exe in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi bro, i have been trying to host a discord bot of my own. i have made a executable file of the python script in taskscheduler i just set a simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lokesh_firefine, Mar 2, 2021.

1. win 10 task scheduler - failed to execute .exe

hi bro,

i have been trying to host a discord bot of my own. i have made a executable file of the python script

in taskscheduler i just set a simple task with trigger as 'at startup' and action as 'execute a program; <file path>'.

the file executes perfectly fine when i manually opned it but it doesnt open through task scheduler, i tried ran the specific task on demand by right clicking and then run, that gives error like thisincluded scr_snip: win 10 task scheduler - failed to execute <file name>.exe 397c8457-649d-4082-b6fa-524fcaf808e2?upload=true.png

can anyone help me?

:

:)

lokesh_firefine, Mar 2, 2021
  2. jgunning Win User

Task Scheduler Batch file

Hi all,

Looking for some help.Im creating a batch file to run for different users to add a scheduled task. HOWEVER - the whole thing works great and has done for some time.But after i run the batch file on each machine (different users) i have to go into the security options and change the user the task runs in to the unique user of that machine. Is there a way to use the batch file to pull the account name of the machine (or computer name) and use that as the user the task runs in?

Thanks =)

jgunning, Mar 2, 2021
  3. LumEtters Win User
    Free Task Schedulers run a simple app, Win 10's Task Scheduler reports the app running, but it does not appear to be

Earlier versions of Win 10's Task Scheduler opened an application that does nothing but close another app. It is an .EXE compiled from an AutoHotKey script. Recent builds of Win 10 Task Scheduler show the .EXE running, but the .EXE no longer closes the
    application. Running the application manually, however, allows it to do what it has always done in other Windows versions.

A simple, free substitute for Task Scheduler runs the .EXE under Win 10 on a scheduler reliably.

So, what's been changed in the recent Task Scheduler code for Win 10 and when will it be corrected?

LumEtters, Mar 2, 2021
  4. SiggyXTRA Win User

win 10 task scheduler - failed to execute .exe

Task Scheduler failed to start Error Value: 2147943645

I have recently upgraded from Win 8.1 Prof to Win 10 Prof

I have 2 scheduled tasks that have been running successfully for a long time.

Now one of them fails to launch with the error "Task Scheduler failed to start Error Value: 2147943645".

I have tried various workarounds without success.

I then exported the working task and then imported it with a different name.

The imported task fails to launch with the above error while the original launches successfully.

The task is configured to only run when I am logged on.

I am logged in as a domain user and not a local user.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

SiggyXTRA, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

win 10 task scheduler - failed to execute .exe

1. win 10 task scheduler - failed to execute .exe - Similar Threads - task scheduler failed

2. Task Scheduler is failing to execute Batch File when set to "logged in or not". This was...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler is failing to execute Batch File when set to "logged in or not". This was...: I have a batch script that runs robocopy on a folder to archive files to a network drive, on a Windows 10 Pro machine; Note: These machines are on a domain, but have been disconnected from the domain at a client site for long time. This has not been a problem so far, but...
  3. Task Scheduler is failing to execute Batch File when set to "logged in or not". This was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler is failing to execute Batch File when set to "logged in or not". This was...: I have a batch script that runs robocopy on a folder to archive files to a network drive, on a Windows 10 Pro machine; Note: These machines are on a domain, but have been disconnected from the domain at a client site for long time. This has not been a problem so far, but...
  4. Task Scheduler is failing to execute Batch File when set to "logged in or not". This was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. execute a .js file using Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    execute a .js file using Task Scheduler: Hello.I have a JavaScript file that I execute it with node using cmd or VS Code.I have tried to schedule a task using:Action: Start a programProgram/ Script: "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe"Arguments: -l - i -c...
  6. execute a .js file using Task Scheduler

execute a .js file using Task Scheduler: Hello.I have a JavaScript file that I execute it with node using cmd or VS Code.I have tried to schedule a task using:Action: Start a programProgram/ Script: "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe"Arguments: -l - i -c...
  7. execute a .js file using Task Scheduler

8. Task scheduler - add a task with .exe and input files

Task scheduler - add a task with .exe and input files: Need help - when I ran .exe manualy with input files , the .exe create reports . When I add the .exe in the task scheduler , looks like is not finding the input files . How to fix this ? Where have to place the input files...
  9. GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPO for Scheduling Tasks not executed: Hello, I should make GPO to change one wallpaper at 07:00 AM and change other wallpaper at 03:00 PM. I have made two bat files. I want to execute them with schedules tasks via GPO. My DC is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, The client PC is Windows 10. My bat file content...
  10. Task scheduler on win 10

Task scheduler on win 10: i am using task scheduler on win 10. I have it set up to execute a program once a day, and that part is working perfectly. I would like to set it up where it executes this program and then presses F11 in that program, then wait 5 min and press F2, wait 5 min and then...