Windows 10: Win 10 Th 2 Automatically Reinstalls All Previously-Removed Apps

Discus and support Win 10 Th 2 Automatically Reinstalls All Previously-Removed Apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A post on reddit reveals that Threshold is resetting the default apps on Windows 10 computers that are installing the updates, although such a change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 13, 2015.

1. gator2013 Win User

Win 10 Th 2 Automatically Reinstalls All Previously-Removed Apps

I would imagine this includes all the Privacy Settings as well as Bandwidth Sharing. If this is the case MS should at least inform the user that these changes have taken place in the setup process but I am sure they won't cause they don't do it the first place with Express Setup. Another example of MS doing what they want as opposed to what the user wants. A version of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" With MS, recommended means what's best for MS, not the owner/user of the device.

gator2013, Nov 13, 2015
  2. gator2013 Win User

Just like most material things in life, if I don't want it, don't need it and likely won't ever use it I get rid of it by donation if practical. Doesn't matter if it takes up much space or not, I don't like clutter and I am not a horder in my home, car or my PC devices. If by chance somewhere down the road I need/want something I discarded then that's my problem but that has rarely ever happened.

gator2013, Nov 13, 2015
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    You have the tweak artists of yestayear swearing this makes their machines 0.03 seconds faster which they can see. It also decreases the oh so precious 1TB of storage space by a whopping 50 or so megabytes which could be critical down the stretch *sarc

Yeah, I not one for deleting base or core files/apps as well. If I don't use them, I just hide or disable them if such a feature exists, otherwise I leave them alone if they don't bother me.

As for the new Threshold update, yeah, I'm not, or wouldn't be surprised, if things got reset or reinstalled being this is basically a new OS. In that vein I would highly recommend anyone taking this update to recheck your settings and stuff.

sygnus21, Nov 13, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Actually on a clean install of 1511 the default apps are 870MB.

It is trivial to remove the ones you don't want with PowerShell but they do take a significant amount of space on a small disk.

Win 10 Th 2 Automatically Reinstalls All Previously-Removed Apps [​IMG]

5. They take bandwidth usage (data), being regularly updated, not to mention CPU usage and such, I had to enabled Windows Firewall back, just to keep Store apps updated, even though I never ever use them, because those failures caused my system to lag.

TairikuOkami, Nov 13, 2015
  6. With the Upgrade Apps where reinstalled, telemetry changes reverted. That took a lot of my time to set things straight. (Oldcodger with basic computer skills)
    Win 10 Th 2 Automatically Reinstalls All Previously-Removed Apps [​IMG]

As for the few MB space I saved from uninstalling Apps, negligible sure, but the space I saved by getting rid of Windows.Old files folder that reappeared after it was deleted on the previous version, was not negligible at all.

Pulcinella, Nov 13, 2015
  7. cv007 Win User
    I just setup a new HP business pc that came with Windows7 (downgrade rights). I had not realized TH2 was out, so did a clean install of Win10, setup as needed, then found out while doing Windows updates that I would be doing an 'upgrade' to 1511. Another 45 minutes of upgrading, and I have to uninstall various apps again- Get Office (already installed, btw), Skype, and other various unwanted apps. I also found an HP app of some kind, which when run was trying to advertise some monitors or something. This was a clean install, drive wiped, no HP stuff of any kind, so I'm not sure how I end up with an HP app in the start menu.

Every time I setup a Win10 pc, I swear I have to uninstall these apps about 3-4 times before they are gone. For each user.

cv007, Nov 13, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

How can something that's not used chew up CPU cycles??

BunnyJ, Nov 13, 2015
  9. jfreemont Win User
    Are you new to Windows 10? Apps very much do things in the background, whether you use them or not.

jfreemont, Nov 14, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    No.. far from it. And Apps that are not in use on my system are using 0% CPU Cycles.

BunnyJ, Nov 14, 2015
  11. tomseys Win User
    For me the reason I like to uninstall apps is:

1. I can scroll through the list of apps in start quicker since i don't have 20 apps I don't want. Same thing in settings when i have to turn them off for the third time in Background apps for example.

2. I don't have to worry that an app I don't want will mysteriously turn on as a background app and start sending me messages and do who knows what else.

But beyond that, if I uninstall something, it should stay uninstalled. That's the issue. Not if one should keep them or not. That is for the individual to decide.

If it doesn't stay uninstalled, then I think, what else is wacked out with this system? Why isn't it keeping things uninstalled and instead installing them and resetting their behavior to default - two things I don't want. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

But then i think, oh that's right, its a buggy system but take heart, you can just leave the apps because they are not bothering you.

tomseys, Nov 14, 2015
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    Sorry but unless you're still using a 128gig or smaller SSD drive I see no reason to remove such apps. But I'm also one who doesn't like splitting up the OS into two or more drives. With the prices of SSD drives constantly dropping one could easily get a 256gig for $80 bucks, or a 500gig for $160.

Yeah you could remove the apps that are actually optional, but outside of those, I see no need for special tweaks and/or registry hacks just to save a few megs.

And don't give me the "average" user doesn't know stuff. The average user isn't going to do hacks and tweaks, so the people doing such things are the ones who could well upgrade their drives for more storage space.

Sorry.

sygnus21, Nov 14, 2015
  13. Ztruker Win User

Prove it. If an app, aka program, is not in storage, it's not running and not using CPU cycles.

Ztruker, Nov 14, 2015
  14. Winuser Win User
    I delete apps and unused programs from my computer. I don't do it to save space. I do it because it bugs the heck out of me that the are there. I also don't like it when I see a exclamation mark in device manager even if I'm not having any known problems. I'll spend hours or days trying to fix it.

Winuser, Nov 14, 2015
  15. zooburner Win User
    It also resets all you privacy settings too. and on mine removed the option to block device updates.

zooburner, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Win 10 Th 2 Automatically Reinstalls All Previously-Removed Apps - Similar Threads - Automatically Reinstalls Previously

2. Reinstall Win 10 - how to get the previously purchased pro back?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Win 10 - how to get the previously purchased pro back?: A few months back, I bought a desktop with Win 10 Home and I upgraded it to Pro through store. After the upgrade, I noticed the product key didn't change but it did show that my edition is Pro. A few days ago, I reinstalled Win 10 in a hope to fix a graphic card driver issue...
  3. Previously deleted an app, but now cant reinstall it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previously deleted an app, but now cant reinstall it.: Hello! I downloaded an app a few months ago. I proceeded to delete it after I lost interest in the game. Recently I wanted to reinstall it, but I couldn't. I could download the installer just fine but the game wouldn't boot up afterward. I have tried various times making sure...
  4. reinstall removed apps

reinstall removed apps: I had a system reset and in doing so most of my apps were removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-removed-apps/f9c78e42-8649-40d1-9824-349b79d34d15
  5. Removing and reinstalling a hard disk with Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing and reinstalling a hard disk with Win 10?: Hallo had bought a used PC...and the seller had to send the hard disk with Win 10 extra... When it comes to me, can I reinstall the hard drive as normal and use it without any problems? Or do I have to do something new? Hardware would be the same... Festplatte mit Win 10...
  6. Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work?

Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work?: I have a Win 10 Home computer which will not boot to Windows. I get to a small Windows logo and the 'swirly thing' and then the screen goes blank. If I reinstall Win 10 Home from a USB drive, will I also have to reinstall all of my apps?...
  7. Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes

Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes: Good day, One of our users just had their sticky notes update to 3.0 today. They didn't realize what was going on but it asked them to sign into their 365 account. After doing so all of their sticky notes have disappeared. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way...
  8. Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes

Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes: Good day, One of our users just had their sticky notes update to 3.0 today. They didn't realize what was going on but it asked them to sign into their 365 account. After doing so all of their sticky notes have disappeared. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way...
  9. removed apps in resetting win 10

removed apps in resetting win 10: Hi I removed apps in resetting win 10 -is there any to reinstall apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/removed-apps-in-resetting-win-10/f73966a4-c1b1-4505-9ce4-ff437fc49c9a
  10. Removing Tile With 2 Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Tile With 2 Apps: While dragging tiles around in Start screen I inadvertently combined 2 tiles into one tile. How the heck do I get these tiles out??????? I've double clicked, I tried dragging them but nothing works!!! How f^*#ing annoying....