Windows 10: Win 10 Th 2 Automatically Reinstalls All Previously-Removed Apps

Discus and support Win 10 Th 2 Automatically Reinstalls All Previously-Removed Apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Exactly.. but some just want to delete things I guess. I'm one of those people. Last week I downloaded Win8/10 Gadget Pack. The thing had over 50... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Win 10 Th 2 Automatically Reinstalls All Previously-Removed Apps

I'm one of those people. Last week I downloaded Win8/10 Gadget Pack. The thing had over 50 gadgets! All I wanted was 2 of them, so I deleted/removed the rest. Lack of space isn't the issue. It's the potential for 3rd party apps to activate and "call home" to summon bad relatives to my PC that concerns me. IMO, deleting unneeded "stuff" is simply removing potential threats, since P.C.'s are always connected to the outside world.

AllenChicago, Nov 14, 2015
  2. bobfrost Win User

Then why does MS give you buttons to stop apps continually updating themselves? I never use them, but unless I turn them off, they communicate in the background?

bobfrost, Nov 14, 2015
  3. I uninstall what I know I will never use. I like things nice and tidy and lean. Shortens up my Start Menu quit a bit deleting all the junk Apps. Especially all the OEM trial crap that comes on a new PC. IMHO, it would be nice if they weren't all reinstalled again on an upgrade. I didn't want them the first time around, so I see no need to put them all back again. There seemed to be a few more added to the list this time around though? Candy Crush Saga or something, and few others I've not seen before. I'd uninstall a few more if that option wasn't greyed out.

alphanumeric, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Debbie Win User

Win 10 Th 2 Automatically Reinstalls All Previously-Removed Apps

Yes, I too noticed that with many of the unwanted apps back I had to adjust many of my privacy settings again. Also, uninstalling apps from the Start Menu does not fully get rid of them, you have to do it in Settings.

Debbie, Nov 14, 2015
  5. gzt7d8 Win User
    So my question to the Windows Insiders: when you installed this update, did remove apps and/or did it change settings from you previous install?

I'd like to know this because if you didn't see this situation then it tells me that Microsoft changed the update from the time you got it to now.

So I ask MS....why did you change it?
    WI, did you hear about problems with the update that led MS to make changes to the product the RTM customers got?

gzt7d8, Nov 14, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    It was exactly the same, apps reinstalled, defaults reset etc.

It happened with every build and is just the same as doing an in-place upgrade.

Honestly it is better this way - if in-place upgrade didn't reset things to default there would no benefit in doing it. It isn't a big deal removing things you don't want and resetting default programs every 6 months.

7. I don't like it always removing the MS Games - Hearts, Solitaire, etc. I don't like the free ones they have in the store.

alkaufmann, Nov 14, 2015
  8. jfreemont Win User

No, this is a huge deal in enterprise. We are going to get helpdesk calls every 3 to 6 months that "everything is broken" because their default programs have been reset.

Microsoft will fix this or have a huge backlash.

jfreemont, Nov 14, 2015
  9. lx07 Win User
    Use the LTSB then

10. jfreemont Win User
    Even according to Microsoft, that's not a valid use case for LTSB. LTSB is intended only for a very small sector, and even then, it's meant for only a very small portion of that sector.

Not to mention that LTSB is getting build updates, too.

Not a valid response to this problem.

jfreemont, Nov 14, 2015
  11. tomseys Win User
    I find it a big deal and I'm just one person/one computer.

tomseys, Nov 14, 2015
  12. unifex Win User
    I don't understand people defending those useless apps. You want a reason to remove an ad for Office 360? Please give me a reason to keep it on my PC! Is it doing anything useful for me? No? Then why the hell is it on it? Same with all the other money, sport, etc. apps. Anyone really thinks these are core parts of the OS? I think that if I want this junk off my machine, it's my decision to make, not anyone else's.

Of course, I'm not using W10 an any of my work machines, I'm just playing with in on a test machine out of curiosity, but these things just keep convincing me to stay away from it otherwise.

unifex, Nov 15, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

The point I was trying to make was/is that I don't see the reason for removing apps that I don't use. They don't get in my way or bother me one bit. But, that doesn't mean that I'm trying to tell anyone what to do with their PC. Heck, if you or anyone wants to remover them.. go ahead and do it.

Just keep in mind with each update like TH2 they will likely come back and you have to remove them all over again. If I were you I would try to automate the removal process as much as possible.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 15, 2015
  14. Antilope Win User
    Try to change all of the titles in Windows 10 to "Windows 9" or "Windows 11". You can't because Microsoft doesn't want you to do that.

But you can remove or disable apps. Microsoft built in those options so the user could change those. So if someone wants to use that option that Microsoft built in to customize Windows 10 to their liking, what's the problem?

Antilope, Nov 15, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    I have no problem with what yo do to your PC. Seriously.. I don't see the need to remove the apps but if you or someone else does then remove them.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Win 10 Th 2 Automatically Reinstalls All Previously-Removed Apps - Similar Threads - Automatically Reinstalls Previously

2. Reinstall Win 10 - how to get the previously purchased pro back?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Win 10 - how to get the previously purchased pro back?: A few months back, I bought a desktop with Win 10 Home and I upgraded it to Pro through store. After the upgrade, I noticed the product key didn't change but it did show that my edition is Pro. A few days ago, I reinstalled Win 10 in a hope to fix a graphic card driver issue...
  3. Previously deleted an app, but now cant reinstall it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previously deleted an app, but now cant reinstall it.: Hello! I downloaded an app a few months ago. I proceeded to delete it after I lost interest in the game. Recently I wanted to reinstall it, but I couldn't. I could download the installer just fine but the game wouldn't boot up afterward. I have tried various times making sure...
  4. reinstall removed apps

reinstall removed apps: I had a system reset and in doing so most of my apps were removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-removed-apps/f9c78e42-8649-40d1-9824-349b79d34d15
  5. Removing and reinstalling a hard disk with Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing and reinstalling a hard disk with Win 10?: Hallo had bought a used PC...and the seller had to send the hard disk with Win 10 extra... When it comes to me, can I reinstall the hard drive as normal and use it without any problems? Or do I have to do something new? Hardware would be the same... Festplatte mit Win 10...
  6. Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work?

Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work?: I have a Win 10 Home computer which will not boot to Windows. I get to a small Windows logo and the 'swirly thing' and then the screen goes blank. If I reinstall Win 10 Home from a USB drive, will I also have to reinstall all of my apps?...
  7. Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes

Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes: Good day, One of our users just had their sticky notes update to 3.0 today. They didn't realize what was going on but it asked them to sign into their 365 account. After doing so all of their sticky notes have disappeared. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way...
  8. Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes

Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes: Good day, One of our users just had their sticky notes update to 3.0 today. They didn't realize what was going on but it asked them to sign into their 365 account. After doing so all of their sticky notes have disappeared. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way...
  9. removed apps in resetting win 10

removed apps in resetting win 10: Hi I removed apps in resetting win 10 -is there any to reinstall apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/removed-apps-in-resetting-win-10/f73966a4-c1b1-4505-9ce4-ff437fc49c9a
  10. Removing Tile With 2 Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Tile With 2 Apps: While dragging tiles around in Start screen I inadvertently combined 2 tiles into one tile. How the heck do I get these tiles out??????? I've double clicked, I tried dragging them but nothing works!!! How f^*#ing annoying....