Windows 10: Win 10 Themes won't "save"

Discus and support Win 10 Themes won't "save" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just replaced amother bricked MoBo and am back fighting Msft issues again. Solved this one last June but in the new build it has again reared its ugly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Perry Kincy, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Win 10 Themes won't "save"

Just replaced amother bricked MoBo and am back fighting Msft issues again. Solved this one last June but in the new build it has again reared its ugly head.

A saved Theme will not "save." Yes I know we are not supposed to need a save button but something is overwriting my chosen Theme every time I power off the computer. I am using a custom theme that uses a folder of pictures as a Wallpaper, a blue color and my chosen Windows Mouse pointer. That should be easy right?? However every time I power down the computer it reverts to a stock scheme with a stock background wallpaper and a stock Msft mouse pointer.

Last time is spent a week chasing my tail on this issue I approached it from the loss of the slideshow problem, but I recall the real problem was with the overlying theme. I needed to go somewhere and delete something that was overriding what should have been my successful choice of a custom theme. Now I am signing into the computer normally with my Windows Password, but have also gone into the PC with my user id that uses my Msft password and selected the same custom theme there just incase it was overriding my selection with some kind of "cloud" control. But using the user account I get the same problem. Whatever Theme I build will be saved as a choice but it never comes up correctly on any roboot. Besides a custom Theme I have changed the registry interval to 10000 microseconds to get a 10 second slideshow change. That also has to be redone on every reboot.

TIA, for any help. I expect somebody is chasing this same problem now and likely is about to find a solution.

:)

Perry Kincy, Jan 24, 2019

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 16, 2019
  3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win 10 Themes won't "save" [​IMG]

4. tamo Win User

Win 10 Themes won't "save"

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win 10 Themes won't "save" [​IMG]

Thema:

Win 10 Themes won't "save"

1. Win 10 Themes won't "save" - Similar Threads - Themes won't save

2. WIN 10 desktop Themes won't sync in all devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 10 desktop Themes won't sync in all devices: Hello; I have a desktop pc, tablet & laptop all with MS WIN 10. In settings, accounts, I have Sync Settings turned On, themes, passwords & other WIN settings too, all turned On in all 3 devices. But the Themes won't sync; the desktop pc has the Winter Theme background now...
  3. WIN 10 desktop Themes won't sync in all devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 10 desktop Themes won't sync in all devices: Hello; I have a desktop pc, tablet & laptop all with MS WIN 10. In settings, accounts, I have Sync Settings turned On, themes, passwords & other WIN settings too, all turned On in all 3 devices. But the Themes won't sync; the desktop pc has the Winter Theme background now...
  4. WIN 10 desktop Themes won't sync in all devices

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problem Saving Theme

Problem Saving Theme: I can't keep my own theme which is from an earlier version of Win 10. I can't save same theme and I always receive the following message: "Use custom theme". Please advise how to solve same issue John [Original Title: THEMES in settings]...
  6. Cannot Save Theme

Cannot Save Theme: Hello, I've encountered problem when i try to name theme from "Save Theme" it suddenly disappear,so it prevent me from saving the theme. Any help will be appreciated, thank you...
  7. Windows 10 Cursor Won't save Default Theme

Windows 10 Cursor Won't save Default Theme: OK, I know that this is a super minor complaint, but it bothers me, and it shouldn't be an issue in the first place. I just recently upgraded from 7 to 10, and since I've always used the (none) theme in the windows mouse settings, I wanted to use it again, as it's just what...
  8. Themes in Screensaver in Win 10

Themes in Screensaver in Win 10: How do I use slideshow Themes from the Microsoft Store in the Win 10 screensaver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/themes-in-screensaver-in-win-10/14e3098b-397d-4b47-b3e9-4bbe62578ad6
  9. "Save a Theme"

"Save a Theme": I have just had an error with title "Save a Theme" and message "Windows can't find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the theme?" appear, during normal use of Windows 10. I have never tried to save a theme, and did not have any settings windows open at...
  10. Save Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Save Theme in Windows 10: How to: Save Theme in Windows 10 How to Save a Theme in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the change a theme as often as you like. After you have personalized your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 cannot save theme

2. windows 10 save a theme popup

3. windows theme wont save

4. windows wont save themes