Windows 10: Win 10 thinks it's a Win 7 Pro on login screen.

Discus and support Win 10 thinks it's a Win 7 Pro on login screen. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Sometime ago I updated my brothers win 7 pro to win 10 however when I login with my password it shows on screen as 'Windows 7 Pro' which it isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trapper, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Trapper Win User

Win 10 thinks it's a Win 7 Pro on login screen.

Hi.
    Sometime ago I updated my brothers win 7 pro to win 10 however when I login with my password it shows on screen as 'Windows 7 Pro' which it isn't any longer.
    I need to change this to Win 10 Pro or something more accurate.
    I have gone through settings, and searched the internet and can only find how to change the computer name not the screen name.
    Could someone please point me to the right tutorial cos' this is doing my head in!

I need to alter it as I am going to sell his PC as he can no longer use it due to dementia. A very intelligent man who now does not know what day it is or who I am. He has more need of the money and no need of a PC.

Thank you for your help.

:)

Trapper, Aug 21, 2018

2. Wins 10 pro becoming wins 7 pro

I am using wins 10 pro, but during end user activation it shows wins 7 pro

Any suggestion?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

TingTracccey, Aug 21, 2018
  3. eidairaman1, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Win 10 thinks it's a Win 7 Pro on login screen.

Win 10 Pro login problem

Hi

I had win8.1 Pro on my notebook and last night I upgrade it to Win 10 Pro, and I have a big problem in my windows login.

when I turn on y notebook first I see Win 8.1 login screen and then a back screen for a few minute and then win 10 login page appears.... and this process takes along time!!!!!

I had reset the windows several times but still I have the problem...!!!

what should I do to solve this????

thanks alot

MahmoodAlborzi, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 thinks it's a Win 7 Pro on login screen.

1. Win 10 thinks it's a Win 7 Pro on login screen. - Similar Threads - thinks Pro login

2. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  3. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate: I have a very good 8 years old Sony Vaio Laptop (Sandy Bridge i5, 8G of memory) with Win 7 Pro SLP license that was a gift from my nephew. It is activated. I decided to upgrade it to Win 10 1909 pro. I cloned the disk, booted into Win 7 Pro and ran setup from a USB Win 10...
  4. win 7 pro win 10 pro

win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  5. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...
  6. Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro

Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro: Using FREE to paid 3d parties, what is your suggestions to be able to reinstall my current programs running with Win 7 pro, to win 10 pro Some programs, such as iTunes, I find tricky to re-set-up if upgraded, or moved--This, for sure is not an Apple question, but I have...
  7. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  8. Dual Boot Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro

Dual Boot Win 10 Pro and Win 7 Pro: Hi All, nice to be on board. I have a home built machine (specs entered when creating this account). I had a Dual boot system working like a dream, Win 10 Pro installed first (through upgrade a few months back) and then I created a separate partition and successfully...
  9. Win 7 Pro to Win 10

Win 7 Pro to Win 10: Upgraded, appeared to be fine. Now printer doesn't print. Shows as default, but won't print...*Sad 10819
  10. Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: My first PC I upgraded did not upgrade to Pro. So I want to download the media for Pro, and upgrade with it. When I go to the MS site to download, it does not offer me a selection of versions to download. Can anyone suggest where to find the Pro Win 10 download, or a...