Windows 10: Win 10 "This file does not have a program associated with it for perfo

Discus and support Win 10 "This file does not have a program associated with it for perfo in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; this is NOT the first time win 10 has given this issue for me when it updates: " This file does not have a program associated with it for performing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paul womble, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Win 10 "This file does not have a program associated with it for perfo

this is NOT the first time win 10 has given this issue for me when it updates: "
    This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. ....."

it is NOT my fault that i can no longer open folders via right click or double click!
    (as that's what microsoft help almost always implies),
    it only happens when i update! which costs me in work time...
    also this time it has also changed my audio settings so i couldnt get a piece of music finished in proper time and may have lost the client who wanted the work.

i can't even go into regedit folders to create a new key setting!

i can still get into folder via start menu>file explorer, but why should i have to? that is so slow.
    and i should not have to waste time wondering what has happened to my audio each time i update!

is it any wonder why most professionals, or would be professionals always end up switching to mac or ubuntu?

anyone got a fix that will work since i cannot go into regedit folders to reset folder context menu settings so i get "open" instead of "cmd" on context menu?
    incidentally, even using "cmd" does not work, i get the same "this file does not have..." notification!!!!!

and why the hell has the update taken out my audio?
    everything seems fine when i go into device manager, except for when i look in audio driver properties> drivers> and see that the latest history note says needs further installing(WTF?) though when i click "update automatically" i am told everything is fine!

i depend on good audio as i make music!

i am on my last chance with windows here.... so sick of more probelms than benefits whichever version i have used.
    it seems only really suited to folk who like social media, and watching movies (even then it is not very good either)

:)

paul womble, Aug 11, 2016
  2. CraigLong Win User

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Locked out of folders!

I would try a System Restore which I do when my computer gets messed up usually from some program I installed.

CraigLong, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel"

Dear Derek, you get the error because Unity is not intended to open .fbx files. Still, you can import them into the program with the aforementioned procedure.

You can try to contact Official Unity3d support for more detailed information:

Unity - Support

Please let us know if this helps.

Ciao

Ugo

Ugo Lopez, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Win 10 "This file does not have a program associated with it for perfo

worth mentioning too, i have tried to little automatic context menu fixes, which have never worked for me before...
    always i do it manually by copy/paste a key in to a new folder in hkey class root shellex.....
    (but as mentioned i am not allowed to do that now either!)

paul womble, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 "This file does not have a program associated with it for perfo

1. Win 10 "This file does not have a program associated with it for perfo - Similar Threads - file does program

2. ms-settings:personalization-background "This file does not have a program associated with...

in Windows 10 Customization
    ms-settings:personalization-background "This file does not have a program associated with...: The year is 2020 and I started having the problem people have been having for the last five years. I've tried the sfc and dism method but didn't work and for some reason I'm not able to create a new user. How can I solve it? Windows version 2004 os build 19041.508...
  3. Windows 10 Error Message: This program does not have a program associated with it for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Error Message: This program does not have a program associated with it for...: Good Afternoon I have tried to solve the following problem on and off for a week or so. The problem is: I am unable to open PowerPoint attachments in AOL when using either Firefox or GoogleChrome. The error message I get is a follows: "This file does not appear to have...
  4. File does not have an app associated with it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File does not have an app associated with it: I installed an application today to try to open an .RAL file a client sent me. It was supposed to be a data file but I couldn't open it and wanted to see it so I installed a trail version of WinRail. It still couldn't open it, so I tried to uninstall WinRail. I am getting...
  5. Can't uninstall program ''File does not have a program associated with it''

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall program ''File does not have a program associated with it'': I want to uninstall some programs but I can't because when I try I get the ''this file is not associated with a program to perform the action'' and I don't know how to fix it. Should I download an uninstaller program? Please help x...
  6. This file does not have an app associated with it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This file does not have an app associated with it: The early August update (at least that is when it f*cked my machine) changed a lot of stuff Is use regularly. The worst problem for me is that the .PAR2 files have a different icon then before which prevents using the .PAR2 files from doing there checking of the down loaded...
  7. This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please...

in Windows 10 Customization
    This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please...: New computer. Win 10 pro. I have installed just a few apps so far. Clicking on a word document, powerpoint document or adobe file gives the message below. I have Office365 installed and licensed. Adobe Acrobat Standard 2017 installed and licensed. Help! This file does...
  8. Locked out of Administrator, "file does not have a program associated"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out of Administrator, "file does not have a program associated": I was attempting to change the User administrator name so that it reflected a new windows explorer file path. When my SO set up the machine, she set the user name as "Mike & Steph". Well, this is now in the file path for all of our files and I work with software where no...
  9. Run as administrator -> This file does not have a program associated..

in Windows 10 Support
    Run as administrator -> This file does not have a program associated..: There seems to be a permanent "Run as administrator" entry in my right-click context menu. If I click on this for anything but an executable or shortcut to an executable, Windows 10 throws the below error, even if I do have a program associated with the file type. [img]...
  10. Notification Area does not have a program associated with it

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area does not have a program associated with it: I just installed a second hard drive for data, leaving my C: drive for just the OS and programs. Not wanting to go crazy with sysprep, I decided to just move my special folders the approved way: Properties => Location. This was going swimmingly until I got to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file does not have a program associated win 10

2. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action Please install an app or if one is already installed