Windows 10: Win 10 Timeline Security Issue

Discus and support Win 10 Timeline Security Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am concerned that there is a security issue with Timeline as implemented in Win 10 1803, Local users without admin rights can see timeline... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MarleysMate, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Win 10 Timeline Security Issue

Hi,
    I am concerned that there is a security issue with Timeline as implemented in Win 10 1803, Local users without admin rights can see timeline activities of Main Admin Account.
    The scenario goes like this..
    Main PC admin account, associated with Microsoft Account (L: [email protected]) and with Admin rights, Timeline permissions set to allow all and store at Microsoft so they can be used with other PCs.
    With Main user logged out, If another local user logs on without MS account, with no admin rights, they can go to setting, privacy, activity history then they can turn on display info from the main user's MS account (L: [email protected]), WITHOUT any authentication of that MS Account, NO password or implied permission from that user...
    The they can go into Timeline in their logon and SEE ALL the activity of the Primary user.

Wrong.. This was the case with 1803, and I logged it with MS, but not fixed in 1903

:)

MarleysMate, Jul 22, 2019
  2. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

3. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article Timeline feature not working in Windows 10), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Jul 22, 2019
  4. curatia Win User

Win 10 Timeline Security Issue

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Timeline Security Issue

1. Win 10 Timeline Security Issue - Similar Threads - Timeline Security Issue

2. Timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Timeline: Hi people.Setting up a new, to me, refurbished PC.My Os build is 19044.2006 My timeline only shows 3 days worth of data but with the option to sign in to microsoft and get the 30 days I had on my old PC.When I click on the blue sign in button I am taken to this screenMy...
  3. Timeline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Timeline: Hi people.Setting up a new, to me, refurbished PC.My Os build is 19044.2006 My timeline only shows 3 days worth of data but with the option to sign in to microsoft and get the 30 days I had on my old PC.When I click on the blue sign in button I am taken to this screenMy...
  4. Timeline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Timeline: Timeline in Task manager suddenly stopped working. Has been working well to date. Ideas of how to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline/b01f1655-4c53-4f88-848b-37cb6f5562b8
  5. Windows 10 timeline

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 timeline: windows 10 1909 So basically whenever i try to remove the activity history in the timeline.. after a deleting a few history. the screen goes black for a second and comes back on. and when i check the reliability history it says explorer. exe has stopped working. here is...
  6. Windows 10 timeline

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 timeline: windows 10 1909 So basically whenever i try to remove the activity history in the timeline.. after a deleting a few history. the screen goes black for a second and comes back on. and when i check the reliability history it says explorer. exe has stopped working. i have done...
  7. Timeline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timeline: I have the timeline feature enabled in windows 10. However, I don't see my Microsoft word or excel documents when I scroll through the timeline. How do I enable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline/c37da475-8e93-43e3-8781-d10471434b2d
  8. Timeline issues...

in Windows 10 Support
    Timeline issues...: Hey guys... My timeline goes from March 4 to earlier today..everything in between is gone. I rebuilt the index and the same thing... Any ideas why? 130019
  9. Timeline issues...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Timeline issues...: Hey guys... My timeline goes from March 4 to earlier today..everything in between is gone. I rebuilt the index and the same thing... Any ideas why? 130019
  10. windows 10 Timeline

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 Timeline: Traduit en: Français Afficher l'original Timeline s'affiche mais aucune recherhe precedente s'affiche malgré l'ancrage de l'article lu [ATTACH] Texte d'origine Proposer une meilleure traduction...