Win 10 to SSD No free install

Discus and support Win 10 to SSD No free install in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hello, I am running an unauthorized version of Win 7 64 in my PC. I have two sata hard drives using Casper to clone. I am buying a Samsung 2.5-Inch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Angster, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Angster Win User

Hello, I am running an unauthorized version of Win 7 64 in my PC. I have two sata hard drives using Casper to clone.
    I am buying a Samsung 2.5-Inch 500 GB 850 EVO Solid State Drive. I want to buy Windows Ten and install it, and most of my Apps on the SSD, keeping everything else on my other hds. I have thought about buying Win 8.1, installing it and upgrading from there, but that seems like lot of unnecessary labor. Can someone tell me if buying the win 10 is the way to go, and how to go about it?
    Thank you,

:)

Angster, Aug 3, 2015
  2. AngusOK Win User

Fresh SSD

I have Win7 Pro and am looking to upgrade to win 10 pro via the free update client. however I have a 1TB SSD that I intend to install it on. How do I relocate the free win 10 pro license to the ssd for a fresh install?

AngusOK, Aug 3, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    Created fresh Windows 10 install after hard drive crashed

Hi,

I would suggest installing the Win 8.1 on the SSD and then doing the free upgrade to Win 10... The requirement for the free upgrade is "Upgrade"...

That pretty much means the only option is to install Win 10 from within a functioning Win 7 SP1 or 8.1... Once that has been done, and activated, you can then do clean installs...

What type of Win 8.1 installation do you have on the HDD... preinstalled or retail ?

Are you trying to save data, software, or both...

If trying to save data... copy it from the SSD to a external drive, or try the HDD first if it will handle it...

slance310, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User
  5. mrmatteastwood Win User
    Buy a legitimate copy of Win 7 or 8, whichever is most affordable (probably 7). Install that, make sure it's up to date (Win 7 SP1 or Win 8.1), then run the automatic upgrade. In the process, Windows 10 will activate and store its licensing info in the motherboard.

Now, burn yourself a Windows 10 installation disc (get the ISO here: Windows 10).

You can now do as many clean installs of Windows 10 as you like. It will automatically activate after installation, since it pulls the licensing data from the motherboard.

mrmatteastwood, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Torquemada Win User
    Sorry, you're incorrect. Nothing is written to the BIOS. W10 creates a hardware hash for the computer and this unique ID is kept on the MS servers.

Torquemada, Aug 3, 2015
  7. mrmatteastwood Win User
    Ah, yeah it's possible I got that wrong. From what I've been reading, I understand that Windows will only expire when you replace your motherboard, while you can still use it after other hardware replacements - that part I am quite certain about. Thanks for clarifying.

mrmatteastwood, Aug 4, 2015
  8. Angster Win User

Thanks for your input,
    I think I wasn't clear: I live in the UK and can't buy win 7 here anymore. My copy of 7 was legit. That changed through no fault of my own. I am hard of hearing and can't use the phone., so i decided to just live with it until Win 10 was released.

I will put it this way: I want to buy Windows 10 home and install it on my new SSD along with most of my apps.( I don't see any reason to buy Windows 8 and go through the upgrade rigamarole.) I just need to be talked through the best way to handle that.

Again, I am running two sata hard drives, cloning them with Casper.

Thank you again,

Angster, Aug 4, 2015
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    You can always try doing a clean install of 10 - Windows 10 - Clean Install. If you have questions about that, post them in that thread and Brink should be able to assist you.

And for the record we don't support or condone piracy and there are strict rules here concerning the discussion of such topics. Just FYI.

Good luck.

sygnus21, Aug 4, 2015
  10. Rocky Win User
    The links that I provided up thread were for Amazon.com, but I am sure that Amazon.UK also carries Windows 10. Here in the US we can go down to any store like Walmart or Target and buy a copy of Windows 10. Good luck.

Rocky, Aug 8, 2015
  11. Bazz Win User
Thema:

Win 10 to SSD No free install - Similar Threads - Win SSD free

1. 128GB SSD big enough for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    128GB SSD big enough for Win 10?: We're getting close,though: Samsung announced a 30 TB SSD in February as documented in this story from The Verge: Samsung unveils world's largest SSD with whopping 30TB of storage. I'm afraid to ask what it costs, though: I'm guessing it will be at least $20K, perhaps more....
  2. Help Dual Booting Win 10 on Notebook With 500GB HDD and 256GB SSD PCIe

in Windows 10 Support
    Help Dual Booting Win 10 on Notebook With 500GB HDD and 256GB SSD PCIe: I'm getting my first new notebook computer in 7 years. I have been told that the OS will come installed on the faster SSD drive. I want to install fresh copy of win 10 on to the 500GB HD just in case the SSD should crap out or just to use for troubleshooting. After installing...
  3. Win 10 clean install on a new SSD - Activation Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 clean install on a new SSD - Activation Questions: Hi, I had a question for the experts here prior to doing a Windows 10 clean install on a new SSD. Background – My 7-year-old PC came with pre-installed Win 7 Home Basic that I upgraded to Win 10 during the free offer. I used Windows 10 for a couple months before the power...
  4. Win 7-to- Win 10 + HDD-to-SSD in what order?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 7-to- Win 10 + HDD-to-SSD in what order?: I have a nice 4-year old laptop with a 7500 hybrid HDD running win7. 32GB RAM + Intel i7-4700 2.4GHz + NVIDIA graphics processor. I'm currently using 250GB of a 1TB drive I want to upgrade to Win10 in part, because I have an intractible error every time I create or...
  5. Clean install of windows 10 on SSD when upgraded from win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install of windows 10 on SSD when upgraded from win 7: I upgraded to windows 10 for free from windows 7. I want to buy an ssd to replace my hard drive and perform a fresh, clean install. How do I install windows 10 on my ssd without having to purchase? Is it possible? 82909
  6. Error 0xc000000e - Multi-boot Win 10 SSD Win 8.1, 7 Vista

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 0xc000000e - Multi-boot Win 10 SSD Win 8.1, 7 Vista: Hi, I have a multi boot system. My main new install is win 10 uefi/gpt Raid 0. I still have my previous installs of Win 10, 8.1, 7, Vista on 2 separate SSD's, in MBR I am using the Win 10 boot manager. Win 8.1 and vista boot fine. With the Win 10 (not raid 0 ver) I get the...
  7. rebuilding win 10 onto a smaller ssd from faulty hdd

in Windows 10 Support
    rebuilding win 10 onto a smaller ssd from faulty hdd: Hi, I would appreciate some advice please. In the past I have been happy cloning previous Windows OS with old style Bios and the coa for reactivating. I am uncomfortable about cloning the system onto a smaller drive, Do the recovery partitions functionality get lost in the...
Win 10 to SSD No free install solved