Windows 10: Win 10 to SSD No free install

Discus and support Win 10 to SSD No free install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am running an unauthorized version of Win 7 64 in my PC. I have two sata hard drives using Casper to clone. I am buying a Samsung 2.5-Inch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Angster, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Angster Win User

Win 10 to SSD No free install

Hello, I am running an unauthorized version of Win 7 64 in my PC. I have two sata hard drives using Casper to clone.
    I am buying a Samsung 2.5-Inch 500 GB 850 EVO Solid State Drive. I want to buy Windows Ten and install it, and most of my Apps on the SSD, keeping everything else on my other hds. I have thought about buying Win 8.1, installing it and upgrading from there, but that seems like lot of unnecessary labor. Can someone tell me if buying the win 10 is the way to go, and how to go about it?
    Thank you,

:)

Angster, Aug 3, 2015
  2. AngusOK Win User

Fresh SSD

I have Win7 Pro and am looking to upgrade to win 10 pro via the free update client. however I have a 1TB SSD that I intend to install it on. How do I relocate the free win 10 pro license to the ssd for a fresh install?

AngusOK, Aug 3, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    Created fresh Windows 10 install after hard drive crashed

Hi,

I would suggest installing the Win 8.1 on the SSD and then doing the free upgrade to Win 10... The requirement for the free upgrade is "Upgrade"...

That pretty much means the only option is to install Win 10 from within a functioning Win 7 SP1 or 8.1... Once that has been done, and activated, you can then do clean installs...

What type of Win 8.1 installation do you have on the HDD... preinstalled or retail ?

Are you trying to save data, software, or both...

If trying to save data... copy it from the SSD to a external drive, or try the HDD first if it will handle it...

slance310, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User
  5. Buy a legitimate copy of Win 7 or 8, whichever is most affordable (probably 7). Install that, make sure it's up to date (Win 7 SP1 or Win 8.1), then run the automatic upgrade. In the process, Windows 10 will activate and store its licensing info in the motherboard.

Now, burn yourself a Windows 10 installation disc (get the ISO here: Windows 10).

You can now do as many clean installs of Windows 10 as you like. It will automatically activate after installation, since it pulls the licensing data from the motherboard.

mrmatteastwood, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Sorry, you're incorrect. Nothing is written to the BIOS. W10 creates a hardware hash for the computer and this unique ID is kept on the MS servers.

Torquemada, Aug 3, 2015
  7. Ah, yeah it's possible I got that wrong. From what I've been reading, I understand that Windows will only expire when you replace your motherboard, while you can still use it after other hardware replacements - that part I am quite certain about. Thanks for clarifying.

mrmatteastwood, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Angster Win User

Thanks for your input,
    I think I wasn't clear: I live in the UK and can't buy win 7 here anymore. My copy of 7 was legit. That changed through no fault of my own. I am hard of hearing and can't use the phone., so i decided to just live with it until Win 10 was released.

I will put it this way: I want to buy Windows 10 home and install it on my new SSD along with most of my apps.( I don't see any reason to buy Windows 8 and go through the upgrade rigamarole.) I just need to be talked through the best way to handle that.

Again, I am running two sata hard drives, cloning them with Casper.

Thank you again,

Angster, Aug 4, 2015
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    You can always try doing a clean install of 10 - Windows 10 - Clean Install. If you have questions about that, post them in that thread and Brink should be able to assist you.

And for the record we don't support or condone piracy and there are strict rules here concerning the discussion of such topics. Just FYI.

Good luck.

sygnus21, Aug 4, 2015
  10. Rocky Win User
    The links that I provided up thread were for Amazon.com, but I am sure that Amazon.UK also carries Windows 10. Here in the US we can go down to any store like Walmart or Target and buy a copy of Windows 10. Good luck.

Rocky, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Bazz Win User
Thema:

1. Win 10 to SSD No free install - Similar Threads - SSD free install

2. SSD replacement and clean install win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD replacement and clean install win 10: I am replacing my primary SSD as it's failed, when I come to reinstall windows 10 which was preinstalled when i bought the laptop new onto the new SSD, will the machine recognise it is authorised to reinstall it as of course I was given no product key or does the broken SSD...
  3. SSD replacement and clean install win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD replacement and clean install win 10: I am replacing my primary SSD as it's failed, when I come to reinstall windows 10 which was preinstalled when i bought the laptop new onto the new SSD, will the machine recognise it is authorised to reinstall it as of course I was given no product key or does the broken SSD...
  4. Win 10 Instalation due to corrupt SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Instalation due to corrupt SSD: I bought Win 10 Pro in 2018 and I cannot find the original email with the activation key. I installed a SSD 3 moths ago but it seems to be corrupt as Win 10 auto starting all the time, so I need to reinstall Win 10 pro onto the SSD. Will I be able to do this without the...
  5. Win 10 Instalation due to corrupt SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Instalation due to corrupt SSD: I bought Win 10 Pro in 2018 and I cannot find the original email with the activation key. I installed a SSD 3 moths ago but it seems to be corrupt as Win 10 auto starting all the time, so I need to reinstall Win 10 pro onto the SSD. Will I be able to do this without the...
  6. Win 10 Instalation due to corrupt SSD

7. Win 10 clean install on SSD

Win 10 clean install on SSD: I’m trying to install Win 10 Pro on a new SSD. I’m using a bootable USB created with the latest Rufus utility. I’ve gotten to several places in the install screen the everything goes black. So far, as far as the windows repair facility then stalled because it says I’m not an...
  8. Free Upgrade Win 10 installed in HDD to be trasferred to SSD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Upgrade Win 10 installed in HDD to be trasferred to SSD.: Hello, My HDD got corrupted so I upgraded and bought a new SSD. Originally my Operating System is that of Window 7, I then upgraded it to Windows 10 using the free upgrade of windows. I would like to ask if I can still reuse the product key of my original window 7 OS if I...
  9. Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10: Hi, I'd like to do a clean install of my win10. But it's a free upgrade version. I can't find a step by step guide to do it. Only guides for fresh installs of a regular win10 version. I'm afraid to do something wrong and lose the right to use this licence. Thank you...
  10. Install Win 10 on added laptop SSD

Install Win 10 on added laptop SSD: I installed an SSD drive in place of my optical drive on my laptop. I wish to use this drive as boot drive. I have tried using windows media media creation tool, which recognized the new drive, to install windows 10 and it goes through the whole thing and then says my...