Windows 10: Win 10 to Win XP Networking Issue

Discus and support Win 10 to Win XP Networking Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 computers. Computer #1 - WIN 10 PRO X64 - Version 1803 - Desktop Computer #2 - WIN 10 PRO X64 - Version 1809 - Laptop Computer #3 - WIN XP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobZim, Mar 5, 2019.

1. BobZim Win User

Win 10 to Win XP Networking Issue

I have 3 computers.

Computer #1 - WIN 10 PRO X64 - Version 1803 - Desktop

Computer #2 - WIN 10 PRO X64 - Version 1809 - Laptop

Computer #3 - WIN XP - Laptop

The problem I am having is as follows.

Computer #1 can see all 3 Computers on the network and connect to them.

Computer #2 can only see Computer #1 and connect to it. Can’t see Computer #3

Computer #3 can only see Computer #1 and connect to it.

I activated the following in Computer #2 to match what I have in Computer #1.

SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support

SMB 1.0/CIFS Client

SMB 1.0/CIFS Server

This made no difference. I need all 3 to connect to each other.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob Z

:)

BobZim, Mar 5, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Mar 5, 2019
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Win 10 to Win XP Networking Issue

Sharing a WIN 10 Printer to an Win XP on the network

When I first got my three WIN 10 machines, I connected them to my existing MSHome network which had three XP machines.

At that time, I shared the WIN 10's and my backup server is on one of the XP machines.

After a while of WIN 10 updates and MS discontinuing support of XP, my XP machines could no longer access shared files. I didn't make any changes to any of their sharing capabilities. Then my ability to PRINT to two printers on my WIN 10 machines stopped
    working.

I've looked at websites and forums and it's all GREEK to me. When I set these networks up it was QUITE SIMPLE. Now everybody's solutions are to hack into registries and such, further the instructions shown don't work on XP machines....

SO can somebody walk me (a simpleton) through how to get my printer sharing to work again? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS!

Why am I still running XP you ask? There are some scanning devices I use regularly that do NOT have software upgrades to WIN 10. These pieces of equipment are not available any longer nor is there a substitute to their function... (Don't bother asking it's
    a long story).

davemilster, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 to Win XP Networking Issue

1. Win 10 to Win XP Networking Issue - Similar Threads - Networking Issue

2. Hi - another network sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  3. Hi - another network sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  4. Network Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Connection Issues: This is the first time I've ever come across this issue:I cannot connect to any of my wifi networks on my laptop. The "available" networks aren't even found in my area, they don't show up on my PC, phone, tablet, or my husband's devices. It's only on my gaming laptop which...
  5. How the SMB network connection issues to be fixed in S2D 2 node cluster, Mellanox adapter...

How the SMB network connection issues to be fixed in S2D 2 node cluster, Mellanox adapter...: configured IP for 2 nic ports on each node and executed the cluster validation report was successful , Installed DCB and changed few DCB related settings for RDMA RocE v2 post configuring the cluster and enabling the S2D in 2 node, facing issue with SMB connections please...
  6. Can't connect to this network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to this network issue: It was a regular day i saw my network got disconnected I tried connecting but it just keep saying can't connect to this network while I can connect to the same network with every other device. Even i tried connecting different networks with it and it connected but it just...
  7. Can't connect to this network issue

Can't connect to this network issue: It was a regular day i saw my network got disconnected I tried connecting but it just keep saying can't connect to this network while I can connect to the same network with every other device. Even i tried connecting different networks with it and it connected but it just...
  8. Can't connect to this network issue

9. BSOD with IDevent 1001 - Windows 11 on new built PC - Network issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with IDevent 1001 - Windows 11 on new built PC - Network issues: Hi everyone,i just assembled my new PC. I've installed Windows 11 pro, but I'm having sudden BSOD crashes after half an hour ca. of activity.The errror i get is:0x0000007a 0x0000000000000001, 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xffffa5860840a0c0, 0xfffff93ffac1b000Only other issue i have is...
  10. BSOD with IDevent 1001 - Windows 11 on new built PC - Network issues

BSOD with IDevent 1001 - Windows 11 on new built PC - Network issues: Hi everyone,i just assembled my new PC. I've installed Windows 11 pro, but I'm having sudden BSOD crashes after half an hour ca. of activity.The errror i get is:0x0000007a 0x0000000000000001, 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xffffa5860840a0c0, 0xfffff93ffac1b000Only other issue i have is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 to winxp desktop