Windows 10: WIN 10 - too hard to read tiny gray letters

Discus and support WIN 10 - too hard to read tiny gray letters in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; - gray text on gray background extremely hard to read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SaraXQ, Sep 19, 2019.

1. SaraXQ Win User

WIN 10 - too hard to read tiny gray letters

- gray text on gray background extremely hard to read

:)

SaraXQ, Sep 19, 2019
  2. ImLost Win User

Gray Lettering Tough on the Eyes

So many areas have gray lettering instead of black, very annoying to read. Is there a way to "fix" things so stories, etc., are in black letters? How stupid, why on earth do the ones responsible do it like that? I guess they think different contrast is cool looking? I just don't get it why some things are set up in such an obvious more-difficult-to-read fashion. Just like the top right of my window, the house/star/gear icon.....faded-out looking until cursor hits them.

ImLost, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Remote desktop connection letters are very tiny

No "Maybe" here, I wouldn't post something like that if it was "Maybe".

The app is fully and freely scalable, screenshots from just now using the MS Remote Desktop App connecting to my HTPC:

WIN 10 - too hard to read tiny gray letters [​IMG]

Fullscreen with borders:

Borderless fullscreen:

Thema:

1. WIN 10 - too hard to read tiny gray letters - Similar Threads - too hard read

2. display small print is too dim, hard to read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display small print is too dim, hard to read: The small print on my display is very dim and hard to read. Is this a color setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-small-print-is-too-dim-hard-to-read/cc6a12f7-dc1b-4355-b2eb-b61da173d7c8
  3. display small print is too dim, hard to read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display small print is too dim, hard to read: The small print on my display is very dim and hard to read. Is this a color setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-small-print-is-too-dim-hard-to-read/cc6a12f7-dc1b-4355-b2eb-b61da173d7c8
  4. display small print is too dim, hard to read

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. tiny letters in search field

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tiny letters in search field: I'm a new user of W11 and a have a really strange problem.I don't understand why the size of the letters in de seachfield are so tiny.Hopefully someone has a solution to fix this.Sorry for my english, it isn't my native language...
  6. tiny letters in search field

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tiny letters in search field: I'm a new user of W11 and a have a really strange problem.I don't understand why the size of the letters in de seachfield are so tiny.Hopefully someone has a solution to fix this.Sorry for my english, it isn't my native language...
  7. Too tiny puzzle pieces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too tiny puzzle pieces: Why does this happen at least once maybe twice a week? Unless I max the puzzle I can not see them I hope these pictures work! Restarting the computer helps and sometimes I need to restart twice..[ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Notification Text Too Small tiny in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Text Too Small tiny in Windows 10: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 7391 2-in1 running Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19041 Build 19401 I searched for help on this issue and got the following steps which don't work, I'll explain... 1. Right click on the Start Menu and select Control Panel. --> 2. Here locate and...
  9. Cannot read tiny headings.... Help?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot read tiny headings.... Help?: Using Power Pro for working with my files works good, but otherwise I can barely read the tiny headers in the "This PC" or the "Downloads" folders for instance. I tried the downloadable change programs provided in this forum, but they appeared to accomplish nothing? Is there...
  10. Gray Lettering Tough on the Eyes

in Windows 10 Support
    Gray Lettering Tough on the Eyes: So many areas have gray lettering instead of black, very annoying to read. Is there a way to "fix" things so stories, etc., are in black letters? How stupid, why on earth do the ones responsible do it like that? I guess they think different contrast is cool looking? I just...