Windows 10: Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it

Discus and support Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a dual partition HDD, with Win 10 and Linux Mint. Screen shot image below. I'm also not sure which partition Win10 is in, although thinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rvnmedic68, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it

I've got a dual partition HDD, with Win 10 and Linux Mint. Screen shot image below. I'm also not sure which partition Win10 is in, although thinking that it's the large partition. Would appreciate if someone can interpret the partition labels.

I can't access Win 10 when I reboot the desktop as it automatically goes into (I assume) an update. Yesterday when I tried it showed the Windows icon with the spinner and then the screen went gray, then black while the HDD light either flashed or was solid for a long time. I let it run and was still doing something after 9 hours. I had to turn off the PC to exit from this.

I tried to restore from the boot menu and got this message:
    " Can't complete restore, error message # 0xcoooo102"

When I tried to repair it, got the following message:
    "missing windows\system32\winload.exe"

The last one is the killer, I guess. What I want to do is wipe the Win 10 partition and clean install Win 8.1. I don't want any version of Win 10 on my desktop.

Looking for suggestions on how to do this as I can't get into Win 10 to begin with nor get on a command line.

Here's some screen shots re the above:

Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it [​IMG]

Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it [​IMG]

:)

rvnmedic68, Jun 8, 2018

2. Full Trash Bin

My trash bin is full (Win 10). can I move the trash to another folder and delete what I don't want to keep in trash?

JeffreyAtlas, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Network adaptor disabled after Win 10 update KB3172985

I tried all the suggestions

The HP site does not have drivers for Win 10

and Broadcomm site has even older drivers.

I then tired to remove the updates, but this app does not remove the whole

update (KB3172985), rather a list of subset updates some of which cannot be removed (no uninstall menu).

Also this step creates a new restore point for each step which overwrote my

Jun restore point.

The computer is now un-usable for internet access.

Unless there are other workarounds I can download to a USB, the only option I can see is to restore the computer back to Windows 7 (the OS it came with).

Is there a site I can download Win 7 and enter my MS key to burn a disc to use

to recover the network access?

JimForbesCA, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it

1. Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it - Similar Threads - Trashed Access Remove

2. want to update Win vista to win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to update Win vista to win 10?: Windows Vista wont let me update to Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-update-win-vista-to-win-10/3f67f9a2-26c8-434f-86aa-174e5beab79e
  3. Removing trashes virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing trashes virus: I have an external hard which has that trashes virus and now i got a new laptop and I copied one folder from the hard to the laptop and then made a Scan to this file on laptop and found nothing Does that mean that the trashes virus doesn't affect my laptop ? [Original...
  4. i want to remove Hot Plug Detect or deactivate it for Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i want to remove Hot Plug Detect or deactivate it for Win 10: as the title says that is what i want i have been on the internet looking for hours for a solution and i know that this has been asked before and there was no answer but i hope there is a solution in 2020/2021 at least so plz help me i have been looking and searching in reg...
  5. Remove desktop trash bin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove desktop trash bin: Is there some way to remove the trash bin from the desktop and add a shortcut of it to quick access? submitted by /u/Sir_Axolot12345 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ip4urv/remove_desktop_trash_bin/
  6. Windows 10 is trash

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 is trash: **** you Microsoft Windows 10 is trash. Fix your god dam operating system. Companies need to Start supporting Linux so I can stop using your trash OS. I should not have **** problems with your **** OS crashing all the **** time. Biggest **** problem is your **** drivers...
  7. Remove Unused Trash from MS Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Remove Unused Trash from MS Store: I downloaded applications from the MS Store that are absolutely useless and wish to delete them from my history. Tell me how to do this, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-unused-trash-from-ms-store/d8d9f242-de6a-4269-ab58-1cfabb21052f
  8. dual boot system win 10 and linux. Want to remove linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual boot system win 10 and linux. Want to remove linux: HI Greg: I don't know what happened but for some reason I lost your thread. Then, when I tried to reply, it says it was locked so I couldn't respond. The exact question was that I had 2 OS which is win 10 and Linux. I want to remove Linux. I took a picture of the disk...
  9. Wanting to remove "Quick Access" folder in Explorer

Wanting to remove "Quick Access" folder in Explorer: Wanting to remove Quick Access in Explorer, was instructed to change value of LaunchTo from 1 to 0 . LaunchTo is not in my registry according to the below pic. 128785
  10. Win 10 Access

Win 10 Access: Hi! I am trying to help a nonprofit that recently purchased pc's with Windows 10 installed. I need help with two issues. #1-When doing the initial setup, and asked "Who will be using this computer?", it was mistaken to mean the ACTUAL USER (standard user), not the local...