Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it

Discus and support Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a dual partition HDD, with Win 10 and Linux Mint. Screen shot image below. I'm also not sure which partition Win10 is in, although thinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rvnmedic68, Jun 8, 2018.

1. rvnmedic68 Win User

I've got a dual partition HDD, with Win 10 and Linux Mint. Screen shot image below. I'm also not sure which partition Win10 is in, although thinking that it's the large partition. Would appreciate if someone can interpret the partition labels.

I can't access Win 10 when I reboot the desktop as it automatically goes into (I assume) an update. Yesterday when I tried it showed the Windows icon with the spinner and then the screen went gray, then black while the HDD light either flashed or was solid for a long time. I let it run and was still doing something after 9 hours. I had to turn off the PC to exit from this.

I tried to restore from the boot menu and got this message:
    " Can't complete restore, error message # 0xcoooo102"

When I tried to repair it, got the following message:
    "missing windows\system32\winload.exe"

The last one is the killer, I guess. What I want to do is wipe the Win 10 partition and clean install Win 8.1. I don't want any version of Win 10 on my desktop.

Looking for suggestions on how to do this as I can't get into Win 10 to begin with nor get on a command line.

Here's some screen shots re the above:

Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it [​IMG]

Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it [​IMG]

:)

rvnmedic68, Jun 8, 2018
  2. JeffreyAtlas Win User

Full Trash Bin

My trash bin is full (Win 10). can I move the trash to another folder and delete what I don't want to keep in trash?

JeffreyAtlas, Jun 8, 2018
  3. JimForbesCA Win User
    Network adaptor disabled after Win 10 update KB3172985

I tried all the suggestions

The HP site does not have drivers for Win 10

and Broadcomm site has even older drivers.

I then tired to remove the updates, but this app does not remove the whole

update (KB3172985), rather a list of subset updates some of which cannot be removed (no uninstall menu).

Also this step creates a new restore point for each step which overwrote my

Jun restore point.

The computer is now un-usable for internet access.

Unless there are other workarounds I can download to a USB, the only option I can see is to restore the computer back to Windows 7 (the OS it came with).

Is there a site I can download Win 7 and enter my MS key to burn a disc to use

to recover the network access?

JimForbesCA, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it - Similar Threads - Trashed Access Remove

2. BSOD after installing Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Aug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing Cumulative Update KB4343909 Windows 10 v1803 Aug: Win10 Pro Completed all updates last night - no issues Woke machine this early afternoon and had a BSOD but missed reading complete details (may have said driver issue) Rebooted ok and found that I had no sound Rebooted again and still n/g Troubleshooter was n/g Restored...
  3. Media Feature Pack (Win 10 Home (Dutch) for version 1803) fails to install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Feature Pack (Win 10 Home (Dutch) for version 1803) fails to install: I've Windows 10, version 1803 build 17134.228 and problems installing Media Feature Pack. I believe I selected the right Media Feature Pack (for 1803 64bits) but during install I receive the message: "this version is not for your computer" the KB3099229_x64.msu has been...
  4. Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation failure - explorer.exe application error: So after a few hours of windows reinstalling, it was time to pick a language, keyboard language aswell as my timezone, which I did however I got this “explor.exe application error” which automatically closed itself after around 2 seconds and which then my pc restarted, after...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade: So I need to know if there's any legal issues/licence issues with the way I upgraded to win 10. I downloaded the "MediaCreationTool1803" from your website then just used it to click my way to a full windows 10 from windows 7, it's fully activated and I did not use any...
  6. In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...: In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the App Settings utility. Is there another way? I believe that I had inadvertently deleted a file from the Programs (x86) folder for that program. When I try to uninstall the program using the settings utility, I...
  7. Is whatsnewapp.exe at c:\windows\systemapps part of Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is whatsnewapp.exe at c:\windows\systemapps part of Windows 10?: Hello, Online searches give me no good information about whatsnewapp.exe, which is at c:\windows\systemapps\. The first search result points to a known malware site (spywareremove dot com). Is this whatsnewapp.exe part of Windows? What function does it perform? I can't...
  8. Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game): The Snap Attack game (a.k.a. "Wordament Snap Attack") was retired as of May 18, 2018. The game can no longer be played (online or offline) and is no longer available for download. Given this, I see no need to keep it on my system. Operating system: Windows 10 Home...
  9. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...
  10. Windows 10 - Update Done and Touchscreen Driver Apparently gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Update Done and Touchscreen Driver Apparently gone: I updated my computer, and was on the phone for 45 minutes with a rep while we reset my entire system. I went into the Device Manager and looked under Human Interface Devices, and apparently my touchscreen driver is missing. Where can I download the touchscreen driver...