Windows 10: Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it

Discus and support Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a dual partition HDD, with Win 10 and Linux Mint. Screen shot image below. I'm also not sure which partition Win10 is in, although thinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rvnmedic68, Jun 8, 2018.

1. rvnmedic68 Win User

Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it

I've got a dual partition HDD, with Win 10 and Linux Mint. Screen shot image below. I'm also not sure which partition Win10 is in, although thinking that it's the large partition. Would appreciate if someone can interpret the partition labels.

I can't access Win 10 when I reboot the desktop as it automatically goes into (I assume) an update. Yesterday when I tried it showed the Windows icon with the spinner and then the screen went gray, then black while the HDD light either flashed or was solid for a long time. I let it run and was still doing something after 9 hours. I had to turn off the PC to exit from this.

I tried to restore from the boot menu and got this message:
    " Can't complete restore, error message # 0xcoooo102"

When I tried to repair it, got the following message:
    "missing windows\system32\winload.exe"

The last one is the killer, I guess. What I want to do is wipe the Win 10 partition and clean install Win 8.1. I don't want any version of Win 10 on my desktop.

Looking for suggestions on how to do this as I can't get into Win 10 to begin with nor get on a command line.

Here's some screen shots re the above:

Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it [​IMG]

Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it [​IMG]

:)

rvnmedic68, Jun 8, 2018
  2. JeffreyAtlas Win User

Full Trash Bin

My trash bin is full (Win 10). can I move the trash to another folder and delete what I don't want to keep in trash?

JeffreyAtlas, Jun 8, 2018
  3. JimForbesCA Win User
    Network adaptor disabled after Win 10 update KB3172985

I tried all the suggestions

The HP site does not have drivers for Win 10

and Broadcomm site has even older drivers.

I then tired to remove the updates, but this app does not remove the whole

update (KB3172985), rather a list of subset updates some of which cannot be removed (no uninstall menu).

Also this step creates a new restore point for each step which overwrote my

Jun restore point.

The computer is now un-usable for internet access.

Unless there are other workarounds I can download to a USB, the only option I can see is to restore the computer back to Windows 7 (the OS it came with).

Is there a site I can download Win 7 and enter my MS key to burn a disc to use

to recover the network access?

JimForbesCA, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it

1. Win 10 Trashed / No Access / Want to Remove it - Similar Threads - Trashed Access Remove

2. Windows wants access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows wants access: Windows wants access to my google account,and i notice that im not receiving emails on my laptop. why would i need to let windows access to my google account, as it indicates that it will allow windows to manage my accounts. hopefully somek e can tell me how to fix this...
  3. Win 10 Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Access: Hi! I am trying to help a nonprofit that recently purchased pc's with Windows 10 installed. I need help with two issues. #1-When doing the initial setup, and asked "Who will be using this computer?", it was mistaken to mean the ACTUAL USER (standard user), not the local...
  4. Two Win 10 in two part but one drive, want to remove old system part

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two Win 10 in two part but one drive, want to remove old system part: Hello I have one SSD with two partitions with Windows 10 installation in each. The first partition was due to the old system (intel) and the new one is for the new system (amd). Here is my current configuration: F: old parition C: new partition [img] I have already set...
  5. want to access router but not internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    want to access router but not internet: Hi, I dual boot win 10 and linux. Is there a way with Win 10 I can disable the internet but still acess my router? Thanks. 74526
  6. I want to remove an entry in my restery Win 64 bit pro

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to remove an entry in my restery Win 64 bit pro: I want to remove this entry in Windows registry a I no longer use Chrome. Windows 10 64 bit pro IE 11 Registry\user\run C:\users\walte\appdata\local\chromium\alpplication\chrome.exe—auto-launch-a How can I do it? Thanks, Walter 88406
  7. Trash can.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trash can.: In windows 10 1511 and now in insider preview 14393.5 I have the same issue. I set the trash can not to prompt when emptying, but it is still prompting me to empty trash can. Anyone else have this problem, and how do I fix it. Henry 57571
  8. Removing Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Quick Access: I seem to be having a problem permanently removing the Quick Access option from my Windows 10 Creators Update machine (I also had this issue on the Anniversary Update install before upgrading). I get the following icon randomly appearing on my desktop: [img] and in...
  9. MS Wants to Make Win 10 Spam-Free: Abusive App Reviews to Be Remove

in Windows 10 News
    MS Wants to Make Win 10 Spam-Free: Abusive App Reviews to Be Remove: Microsoft Wants to Make Windows 10 Spam-Free: Abusive App Reviews to Be Removed Redmond now working to improve the Windows Store Back in 2012, everyone claimed that Microsoft had an app problem because nobody wanted to create programs that would run in the Modern...
  10. Want to remove the "Name Group"

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to remove the "Name Group": Is it possible to remove the "Name Group" from the Desktop?*Confused 13102