Windows 10: Win 10 UAC issue

Discus and support Win 10 UAC issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is anyone else suddenly experiencing issues where Win 10 User Account Control suddenly decides to block installation of software such as a printer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gene_M_ATL, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Win 10 UAC issue

Is anyone else suddenly experiencing issues where Win 10 User Account Control suddenly decides to block installation of software such as a printer driver? I am trying to reinstall the driver for my HP LaserJet P1102w printer and every time the software install initializes, I get an angry red popup window from UAC that states for my protection, an Administrator has blocked the software from running. As I AM the admin on the machine, I can guarantee that I did not set this up. Anyone know of a workaround for this?

:)

Gene_M_ATL, Jul 10, 2018

2. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

Win 10 UAC issue 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Win 10 UAC issue

Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 UAC issue

1. Win 10 UAC issue - Similar Threads - UAC issue

2. UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11: I'm setting up some Windows 11 PC's and have run into an issue with UAC and Remote Desktop. When logged in locally as a Standard User the regular UAC prompt comes up allowing an Administrator approval. When logged in via Remote Desktop the UAC pop-up does not allow...
  3. UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11: I'm setting up some Windows 11 PC's and have run into an issue with UAC and Remote Desktop. When logged in locally as a Standard User the regular UAC prompt comes up allowing an Administrator approval. When logged in via Remote Desktop the UAC pop-up does not allow...
  4. Zoo Tycoon UAC Tutorial Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zoo Tycoon UAC Tutorial Issues: How do you skip part of tutorial I am to use my mouse roll button while going L and R, but I don't have mouse button...now I can't finish tutorial. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoo-tycoon-uac-tutorial-issues/e7947e47-914d-4a71-b95c-9e95e9c095a7
  5. Weird UAC issue. Changes on reboot.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weird UAC issue. Changes on reboot.: I have been having a weird issue with the UAC for a bit that I have now decided it is bugging me to much. When I restart my computer, the UAC setting change. It should be at the default of level 3. After a reboot, it is set to level 4 but acting it is like it is on level 2....
  6. Silentcleanup task - bypass UAC security issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Silentcleanup task - bypass UAC security issue: Hello! This issue with the task below and the setting to run with highest privileges has been flagged as a security risk. I know individually you can just uncheck the box, however I've been tasked to do this enterprise wide vis GPO. Does anyone know of a way to do this via...
  7. Lock screen and UAC prompt issue,

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen and UAC prompt issue,: Hey friends, I am Aryesh, and from when I got my new laptop, I have been facing this UAC Prompt delay for about 4 - 5 secs and Lock screen delay. When I press a key, the lock screen is just the image and then after some seconds, it appears. I think that my Graphics driver is...
  8. Win10 1903 Update and Zoom UAC-2 Audio Interface Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1903 Update and Zoom UAC-2 Audio Interface Issue: I thought I'd just put in an update about the May 2019 1903 update. I ran the installation on both my laptop and my desktop. Everything went well for both computers except when I tried to watch a YouTube video on my desktop, I noticed my audio was gone. The computer had not...
  9. Issues with UAC since upgrading from windows 7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with UAC since upgrading from windows 7: Ever since upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 I have been having UAC issues across the board. Everything needs to be run as admin in order to work properly and I have frequent issues with losing ownership to files despite being admin. I turned off UAC but this did not fix...
  10. UAC Security Issue - Enables Windows Backup To Load Malicious Content

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Security Issue - Enables Windows Backup To Load Malicious Content: For what it's worth. I don't know if this has been fixed or not, thus I am posting it just in case. If it has been corrected, then disregard or delete this. I have not seen any reference to this on the forum here. Tnx Matt. While the User Access Control for Windows 10...