Windows 10: Win 10 Update 1809 broke Win 7 Backup, resujlting in write-protected media error when media...

Discus and support Win 10 Update 1809 broke Win 7 Backup, resujlting in write-protected media error when media... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Many with this problem edit the registry, not ideal solutions almost certainly related to the Backup code. It cold be a profile? It is not hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlphaOEM, Feb 15, 2019.

1. AlphaOEM Win User

Win 10 Update 1809 broke Win 7 Backup, resujlting in write-protected media error when media...

Many with this problem edit the registry, not ideal solutions almost certainly related to the Backup code. It cold be a profile? It is not hardware since I have 5 USB Western Digital drives and all work fine with File History. One irritating possibility is extracting the Backup 7 utility from the ISO for 1803. Another is to modify the profile. Microsoft has not informed their tech support crews, though they are aware of complaints that some customers claim data loss. Having not lost data for decades, I suspect that perhaps Microsoft is wondering whether they can afford to continue to support Backup 7? It has functionality that some developers prefer, such as multiuser backups and not requiring a layer of library folders. It appears that the "System Image Backup", which is used by File History users who want a system image, was also broken, and fails with the "Media Write Protected" error, though File History works. I only tried one network backup, which failed also. But I don't claim network backups with Win7 Backup never work, having tried only once for lack of time. Someone must have solved this? (Sorry to see the numbers of people who disposed of thumb drives believing that the memory had failed). All 5 of my Western Digital drives work fine with everything but Win7 backup.

:)

AlphaOEM, Feb 15, 2019
  2. CesarM1 Win User

Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option

Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option the program show a message the media is write protected and the backup abort with error 0x80070013 please advice

thanks

Cesar Mantilla

CesarM1, Feb 15, 2019
  3. hard drive not accessible stating "The media is write protected."

Hello,

I sent an external hard drive to a tape backup company.

The company stated that the drive is not accessible with the error message, "The media is write protected."

Any suggestions?

williamj

williamj78, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Win 10 Update 1809 broke Win 7 Backup, resujlting in write-protected media error when media...

Media player

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue further, we’d like to know the following:

• What is the version of your Windows Media Player?
    • Did you get any error message? If yes, kindly specify.
    In the meantime, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    Windows Media player
    . Here are the steps how to:

• Press Win button + R on your keyboard.
    • In the text box, type Control.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
    • Expand Media Feature list, then uncheck Windows Media Player box. It will give a prompt message;
      this will also turn of Windows Media Center click yes as you will need
      to reinstall it after.
    • Reboot PC.
    • You need to reinstall Windows Media Player. Open Windows Features, tick the Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, then install it from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Update 1809 broke Win 7 Backup, resujlting in write-protected media error when media...

1. Win 10 Update 1809 broke Win 7 Backup, resujlting in write-protected media error when media... - Similar Threads - Update 1809 broke

2. The media is write-protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The media is write-protected: Good morning, I have issues removing write-protection from my USB flash drive. It has no hardware switch for enabling/disabling write-protection, • diskpart • list disk• sel disk 2• attrbites disk• Current Read-only State : Yes• attributes disk clear readonly reports "Disk...
  3. The media is write-protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The media is write-protected: Good morning, I have issues removing write-protection from my USB flash drive. It has no hardware switch for enabling/disabling write-protection, • diskpart • list disk• sel disk 2• attrbites disk• Current Read-only State : Yes• attributes disk clear readonly reports "Disk...
  4. this media is write protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this media is write protected: I tried accessing the photos and I got the this media is write protected error and I looked up how to fix it and did it but it still says this media is write protected. The photos aren't from another device....
  5. this media is write protected

this media is write protected: I tried accessing the photos and I got the this media is write protected error and I looked up how to fix it and did it but it still says this media is write protected. The photos aren't from another device....
  6. Error Device media is write-protected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Device media is write-protected: Plugged a Kingston Data Traveler 3.0 USB Device into an HP Elitebook 8440p running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. Download sp73930.exe; launched the apt, select the option make a bootable USB Received message Error: Device media is wright-protected. [ATTACH] I did not setup wright...
  7. Win 7 CD as bootable media for Win 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 CD as bootable media for Win 10.: Hi. Can a Windows 7 install CD be used as a bootable disk to repair a Windows 10, or is an install CD for Windows 10 required? I got my Win 10 as a free upgrade from Win 7 in 2015 Regards Frank...
  8. "Media is write protected"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Media is write protected": I was always able to click on an icon and view a photo on my PC. Now this message pops up. Please help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-is-write-protected/aff97eae-a941-4807-8205-6caea7aea58a"
  9. The media is write protected.

The media is write protected.: I keep getting a strange error when I try to open PNG files in Photos, "The media is write protected." None of the files are read only, and I can edit them in any way I want, it only pops up when I try to open them in Photos. Any way to fix this?...
  10. Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 backup failed "The media is write protected: After upgrading to windows 10 build 18234 the backup is falling with following message.... Check your backup The media is write protected Error code 0x80070013 [ATTACH][ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 backp and restore fails in win 10 1809