Windows 10: Win 10 Update broke PC - now it won't boot - How to fix?

Discus and support Win 10 Update broke PC - now it won't boot - How to fix? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Attempting to boot results in a blue stop screen with Stop Code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO Eventually I get to a screen with various repair options. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SolarFarmer, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Win 10 Update broke PC - now it won't boot - How to fix?

Attempting to boot results in a blue stop screen with Stop Code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

Eventually I get to a screen with various repair options. When I choose command prompt and enter "bcdedit /store c:\Boot\BCD" I get an error:

boot configuration data store could not be opened, the system can not find the file specified

The drive itself appears to be OK. I can boot LinuxMint via USB and access the C partition and the user files. I've copied all of the data files off of the drive just to be safe. I'd rather not reformat the drive though. I have Win 10 media but if I boot off of that, it looks like it wants to just go ahead and do a full install.

Is there a way to get this working again? Since I can mount the drive with Linux, is there something I could copy from a working system to fix this?

:)

SolarFarmer, Sep 24, 2019
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win 10 Update broke PC - now it won't boot - How to fix? [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win 10 Update broke PC - now it won't boot - How to fix? [​IMG]

4. scraff Win User

Win 10 Update broke PC - now it won't boot - How to fix?

My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Update broke PC - now it won't boot - How to fix?

1. Win 10 Update broke PC - now it won't boot - How to fix? - Similar Threads - Update broke won't

2. How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen?: Not sure if this is the place to ask but here is the how and what of the issue.1. PC Freezes during usage randomly not a regular occurrence, so I wait for a bit then.2. I get a blue page that says "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart". We're just collecting...
  3. How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen?: Not sure if this is the place to ask but here is the how and what of the issue.1. PC Freezes during usage randomly not a regular occurrence, so I wait for a bit then.2. I get a blue page that says "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart". We're just collecting...
  4. How to fix PC froze now won't boot past motherboard screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. win 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 won't boot: i tried sfc and wont work dism wont work bootrec same i tried the new thing called cloud download or local one both wont work windows was so slow i had to restart the windows and i was at start up / boot loop for more then 1 day...
  6. win 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 won't boot: win 10 won't boot. Message: "No bootable device Strike F1 to retry, F2 to enter setup, F5 to enter PSA: MS tech helped me yesterday when win wouldn't start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-wont-boot/f26ad556-1631-4979-b7a8-3df8102f8989
  7. update failed now won't boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update failed now won't boot.: Update decided was going to install window 10 v 1909 was on 1809. Update failed and said was restoring previous settings 1809 however on reboot just got blinking cursor on screen. Downloaded Windows 10 to access recovery tools, tried all several times, restore, system...
  8. Installed Windows 2020 update, now pc won't boot!

Installed Windows 2020 update, now pc won't boot!: I have a second hand Acer Aspire XC-885 which I've had for about a year now. After MS introduced us to the latest windows update, my PC kept crashing. It got worse until I got so fed up that the only thing to do was recover my PC by reinstalling Win10. I tried numerous...
  9. Windows 10 update now laptop won't boot

Windows 10 update now laptop won't boot: Hello, I have a 5 month old laptop asus F510QA running Windows 10. Last night there was a windows needs to restart to apply changes in the bottom right tray. I clicked restart computer to apply update. Left the room and came back to a computer with a black screen and the...
  10. Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot: A few weeks ago I took an update to Windows 10. When the system rebooted I received a white screen and an error saying "Can't read instructions form address blah, blah, blah'. I clicked OK and just had the white screen. Now, when I boot up I get the windows logo and the...