Windows 10: Win 10 Update corrupted my harddrive

Discus and support Win 10 Update corrupted my harddrive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I spent hours on the phone with a pro-service rep from Dell. We tried every fix & nothing worked finally he said the hard drive is toast & they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Charlotte_2018, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Win 10 Update corrupted my harddrive

Hi I spent hours on the phone with a pro-service rep from Dell.

We tried every fix & nothing worked finally he said the hard drive is toast & they mailed me one but I was told they could not help me with the transfers.

Yesterday I replaced the hard drive it came from Dell, it booted in windows 7. I downloaded Win 10 professional when it was free from the net 2- 3 years ago. Do I have to do that again to transfer my files if that still exist?

Here are my questions & I would appreciate links to videos to fix this.

1. If I keep windows 7 will I be able to transfer my files from a corrupted windows 10 hard drive to windows 7?

2. If I must download Win 10, how & where do I do that.

3. If I must go with 10, I would like to get rid of 7 altogether because it takes up a lot space, is that possible?

4 is it possible to copy all programs on to the new hard drive disk? with out losing anything?

5. I shut off updates because I read you folks were having problems, why did it update anyway? I don't understand why Windows knows they have update issues & you still put it out to the public. I don't know if i lost everything or not. I don't have the money to take this to a professional so I would like to try myself.

6. I have a Dell 6540. I can replace the DVD with a harddrive. Do you folks have any idea or tips on what I can do using the 2nd drive. I actually had just bought a hard drive & was planning on cloning my original one.

Thanks in advance for ur help, If instructions have videos please send links to videos.

:)

Charlotte_2018, Nov 15, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 wont update

Have you tried the second step?

(Searching for the error message e.g.

windows update database corrupt

is also a useful approach- e.g. finds
    Win 10 Update Database Corruption Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    - where the next step is the one I suggested above).

dalchina, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Win Bench

New Updates
    Win Bench: 2.0.6.1
    Updater: 1.0.4.0

Been sure to update the updater first...

New Updater:
    Shows A List Of Fixes For Win Bench

Checks Files, If Anything is missing or corrupt it will download it (May have a few issues still)

CrackerJack, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Win 10 Update corrupted my harddrive

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Update corrupted my harddrive

1. Win 10 Update corrupted my harddrive - Similar Threads - Update corrupted harddrive

2. Windows Feature Updates Corrupting Harddrive in Machine With Recent Hardware Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Feature Updates Corrupting Harddrive in Machine With Recent Hardware Updates: About July or August of 2020 the thermal management system in my HP 8550W laptop failed and the graphics card and motherboard were destroyed from the overheating. At that point, I gutted the dual-core i5 motherboard out of it and transplanted a quad-core i7 motherboard, CPU...
  3. Win 10 corrupted.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 corrupted.: I tried to reset my PC back to it’s factory settings, but midway the power decided to cut out. Now, after the loading screen it just completely crashes and the BSOD shows up and that’s pretty much it. I can’t even access the WinRE menu! What should I do now? submitted by...
  4. Reset PC, Harddrive corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset PC, Harddrive corrupted: Hey guys, as the title says I have reset my PC. It was overdue tbh. I selected the save files and delete apps option and let a rip. After about 3 hours or so, I wasn’t really counting, it finished and I logged in. Then the screen went black, there was minimal to no icons on...
  5. Win 10 corrupt laptop since update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 corrupt laptop since update: Sorry to bring this subject up again as there is plenty to read on community, but non of this is unfortunally of any help to me. To me problems started last summer after win update resulting in frozen cursor. All attempts to fix this always resulted in more issues and...
  6. Win 10 Update Database Corruption

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Update Database Corruption: When I run the Windows Update Troubleshooter it says the Windows Update Database is corrupted. How can I fix this? Advice would be appreciated. 101195
  7. Win 10 continuously corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 continuously corrupted: I have had a two month+ problem with Windows 10 Pro X64 repeatedly getting corrupted and failing to load. I have previously posted about this problem and been given numerous suggestion (for which I'm very thankful). However, the only thing that has temporarily solved my...
  8. Corrupt Win 10 Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Corrupt Win 10 Files: Hello! Powering on my PC this morn I got a "preparing windows" message, then it made me sign out and sign back in. I googled the error and it suggested I run a windows scan via the command prompt. I did and this was the result: "Windows Resource Protection...
  9. win 10 corrupts win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 corrupts win 7: I installed win 10 tech preview on a new hard drive installed in a 2nd bay in my HP 7-1010 pc. The original drive has win 7 on it. My intention was to have win 10 on a separate drive so win 7 would not be affected at all should something go wrong. Twice now when I try to boot...
  10. Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt

in Windows 10 Support
    Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt: Windows was requiring an update, so I let windows run the update, and a restart was required. After the restart several things did not load, or load properly. 1. First thing I noticed is, I never liked a simple white mouse cursor, so I use a yellow cursor, that worked in...