Windows 10: Win 10 Update Corrupts Startup Every Time - This will require a real expert.

Discus and support Win 10 Update Corrupts Startup Every Time - This will require a real expert. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating to 1903 a month ago, Windows updated again last week and would not boot (keeps spinning in a circle). I had an image from Macrium that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WashHusky, Sep 15, 2019.

1. WashHusky Win User

Win 10 Update Corrupts Startup Every Time - This will require a real expert.

After updating to 1903 a month ago, Windows updated again last week and would not boot (keeps spinning in a circle). I had an image from Macrium that went back to May. After trying all the bullet items below and failing, I reloaded the old image but it after one handful of small updates and restart, the next update and restart triggers the same boot problem. I'm stuck with a working OS that can't be updated past May because the update corrupts the OS beyond any repair I can find.

2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4512578)

Before reimaging the drive I tried:

• Startup Repair - did not work
    • System Restore - None of the 3 restore points would load (Restore Points invariably start throwing an error as soon as you try the restore a second or third time).
    • SFC Scan - discovered some corrupt files, but could not fix them.
    • Uninstall Quality and Feature Update - Quality update uninstalled but it didn't work, Feature Uninstall produced an error.
    • Media Creation USB - Creation failed repeatedly and when it succeeded, it didn't work.
    • Disabled startup items in msconfig before reboot - didn't work
    • Tried to update from Safe Mode - Windows Update page in Settings doesn't load in Safe Mode.
    • Command Prompt - tried a number of instruction sets I found but all produced an error or didn't work.

:)

WashHusky, Sep 15, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Win 10 Update Corrupts Startup Every Time - This will require a real expert. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 15, 2019
  3. TCanuck42 Win User
    Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Sep 15, 2019
  4. TCanuck42 Win User

Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Update Corrupts Startup Every Time - This will require a real expert. - Similar Threads - Update Corrupts Startup

2. Required account password every time

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Required account password every time: When I sign in to my computer, it requires my account password and suggests to set a windows pinand I don't want thisevery time I open my computer it always asks me to enter password how to stopthis????...
  3. Required account password every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Required account password every time: When I sign in to my computer, it requires my account password and suggests to set a windows pinand I don't want thisevery time I open my computer it always asks me to enter password how to stopthis????...
  4. Required account password every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Real-Time Protection Crashing Starfield on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Real-Time Protection Crashing Starfield on Startup: I recently built a new computer with a 12th gen i7 and an rx 7900xt. The processor and GPU are stable across the board for all other games and applications. After installing Starfield however, if I keep "Real-time protection" enabled in the "Virus and Threat Protection"...
  6. Win 10 real time protection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 real time protection.: Is there a permanent way to disable all of windows security? I have searched Google and tried a dozen different methods but it turns back on no matter what I do. submitted by /u/Soren_DeVore [link] [comments]...
  7. windows 10 update 1803 has been updated at 20 times and every time it requires a restart it...

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 update 1803 has been updated at 20 times and every time it requires a restart it...: can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-1803-has-been-updated-at-20/911fe487-54c2-46f5-9759-6deb0148e91d
  8. Can not turn on Defender real time Win 10 ver1803

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not turn on Defender real time Win 10 ver1803: After updating to Win 1803 MS Defender real time is Grey out and not working ( I did get Defender to set to periodically check )and it has Malwarebytes as my antivirus . the ver. of Malwarebytes I have is the premium 3.4.5 it is only a Malware Ver. not the Antivirus Ver . how...
  9. Can not turn on Defender real time Win 10 ver1803

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not turn on Defender real time Win 10 ver1803: it seems I had to Reboot it again to get it to work . thanks
  10. Windows 10 Could Be the Real Windows 7 Successor, Expert..

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Could Be the Real Windows 7 Successor, Expert..: It's no secret that Microsoft puts all its hopes in Windows 10 as far as its efforts on the desktop are concerned, and analysts across the world see this work as going in the right direction, especially after the disaster that Windows 8 turned out to be. Forrester...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows corrupts every boot