Windows 10: Win 10 update crashes computer

Discus and support Win 10 update crashes computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not sure what happened but kept getting a screen saying problem loading windows 10, then says automatic repair, kept displaying problem, then auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlfFreeman, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Win 10 update crashes computer

Not sure what happened but kept getting a screen saying problem loading windows 10, then says automatic repair, kept displaying problem, then auto repair. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area.

Search online suggested bad ram, so I removed one 4gb stick and swapped around, then one time it booted normally, was ok for a couple of days, then it failed to boot again, so I took ram from my wifes computer and it booted normally, but only for a day.

Finally I created a windows ISO install MCT. Booted off the dvd and did a reinstall, now it is working fine with the old ram.

After reading more about the issue, suggestions to get dmp files from windows.old and upload here. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Uploaded DMP files to OneDrive

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj4QiWyTqJIrgQysT4081cKVeEdq

:)

AlfFreeman, Jan 11, 2019
  2. jwb1965 Win User

win 10 upgrade crashes computer and will not load windows

PC Win7 64 bit. I tried to do Win 10 upgrade and not save files or apps. PC crashed during upgrade. I tried all the steps listed. It would not let me load image disks that I had made or the system repair disk. I tried to restore to factory setting.
    That didn't work. Now the computer tries to load windows but its tells me the computer was shut down improperly and restarts with the same message. It will not start in save mode.

jwb1965, Jan 11, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Win 10 update crashes computer

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 update crashes computer

1. Win 10 update crashes computer - Similar Threads - update crashes computer

2. Hoe to stop win 10 updates from crashing my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hoe to stop win 10 updates from crashing my computer: I have been on Microsoft support chat for 2 days and noone can fix. I also repartitioned the harddrive and did a clean install of windows 10. Everything works except windows update. The computer crashes every time it finds and tries to install updates. Can I block updates...
  3. Hoe to stop win 10 updates from crashing my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hoe to stop win 10 updates from crashing my computer: I have been on Microsoft support chat for 2 days and noone can fix. I also repartitioned the harddrive and did a clean install of windows 10. Everything works except windows update. The computer crashes every time it finds and tries to install updates. Can I block updates...
  4. Hoe to stop win 10 updates from crashing my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 22H2 WIN 11 update crashed my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 WIN 11 update crashed my computer: hi alli got the 22H2 update on my WIN 11 today i downloaded and installed but the win get crashed with blue death screen this the second time .. the first time i cant recover my win and lost everything .. this time the computer done automatic recovery and un install the...
  6. 22H2 WIN 11 update crashed my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 WIN 11 update crashed my computer: hi alli got the 22H2 update on my WIN 11 today i downloaded and installed but the win get crashed with blue death screen this the second time .. the first time i cant recover my win and lost everything .. this time the computer done automatic recovery and un install the...
  7. Win 10 update crashed my pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 update crashed my pc: Tried all the advanced troubleshooting. Won’t boot. Nothing. No reset or rollback points. Just a black screen. Created an iso boot from another pc. Asks for a key. Dont have it oem pc and tried doing a reset so after searching regedit for a key i found it no longer has a key...
  8. windows 10 update crashes computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update crashes computer: On 08/03/2018 I downloaded Win 10 update which would completely download keep freezing at 56% complete. After numerous attempts as suggested by MS community, I reverted to the factory settings. This move removed all my drivers & I am unable to load with either the DVD...
  9. Chrome crashing after update to win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome crashing after update to win 10: Hello I recently updated my laptop to win 10 and i had to stop using chrome because it crashes. i tried to re-install it and it didnt help when i open any kind of video on chrome and play it on full screen it crashes and i cant open chrome for some amount of time. it sais...
  10. windows 10 update crashed computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 update crashed computer: My windows 10 was driving me crazy trying & failing to update. I tried to stop auto update , but couldn't. Finally I went to Microsoft and downloaded the correct update. It downloaded for a long time and when activated later, it updated for over an hour. It then went to a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to do if automatic update crashes your computer 2019