Windows 10: Win 10 Update Destroyed My Settings - Why?

Discus and support Win 10 Update Destroyed My Settings - Why? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Everyone, Thanks to all for your replies, suggestions, and tips. I see an alarming trend in the replies posted so far -- that is, many people find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by win10user1023, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Win 10 Update Destroyed My Settings - Why?

Everyone,

Thanks to all for your replies, suggestions, and tips. I see an alarming trend in the replies posted so far -- that is, many people find themselves having their setups changed in some way, whether in a major or minor sense, by Microsoft updates to Win 10, and it seems that MS has decided to intentionally limit users capacity in that area. I find this very unsettling.

Just for the record, has anyone gone from Win 10 back to Win 7? Does anyone have an idea of how MS is reacting to complaints from users about having less control over updates?

Many thanks

win10user1023, Sep 29, 2016
  2. Yakima Win User

Just got upgrade to build 14393.222

IE performance WORSE.

Falls over after about a minute now *Sick

Yakima, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Update Destroyed My Settings - Why?

1. Win 10 Update Destroyed My Settings - Why? - Similar Threads - Update Destroyed Settings

2. why the new big update for win10 is destroy the pc? such as no win store no sound music no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the new big update for win10 is destroy the pc? such as no win store no sound music no...: i update my win10 to the new "windows 10 verios 22H2 KB5023773"and the pc gone bed i dont know what to do such as no win store no sound music drive cant work no microsoft icon make the pc go slower...
  3. why the new big update for win10 is destroy the pc? such as no win store no sound music no...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why the new big update for win10 is destroy the pc? such as no win store no sound music no...: i update my win10 to the new "windows 10 verios 22H2 KB5023773"and the pc gone bed i dont know what to do such as no win store no sound music drive cant work no microsoft icon make the pc go slower...
  4. Windows 10 update destroyed my keyboard

Windows 10 update destroyed my keyboard: My laptop forced a windows 10 update in December 2019 after I had finished using it one day with no issues at all. The next day when I loaded it up certain keys on the keyboard did not work, although the touch pad and the vast majority of keys worked and still work to this...
  5. October 2020, win 10 update, audio crackling destroying my music work

in Windows 10 Customization
    October 2020, win 10 update, audio crackling destroying my music work: Win 10 home, build: 10.0.18363 System manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd motherboard; GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0 x64 AMD FX 4130 quad core, 3800 Mhz, 2 cores, 4 logical processors I use Roland MX-1 mixer's sound card as it is a highly professional setup, and have all...
  6. Windows 10 update destroyed my laptop

Windows 10 update destroyed my laptop: For the past year I have been repairing my Toshiba laptop after Windows 10 updates crashed it. After two visits to a technician I decided to contact Microsoft. I spent hours talking to someone on the phone. My daughter created 2 USB Windows ISO files for me (64 & 32). I then...
  7. Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Destroyed My Computer: After not updating for a long time- continuously turning off automatic updates, etc- my computer woke itself up from sleep mode and forced an update out of the blue. After this update, my computer can't stay on for more than 5 minutes without getting the blue screen saying...
  8. Why does Windows update destroy my browser session?

Why does Windows update destroy my browser session?: Because of security concerns I let Windows update automatically, big mistake. It destroys browser sessions, which can't always be restored. Browser developers have worked very hard to allow users to continue with their previous session after a shutdown. But for some...
  9. Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC

Windows 10 update: Destroyed my PC: I updated Windows 10 on my PC today. I tried to postpone this update but the system messages persuaded me... And after that my PC have been unavailable... It needs 10 minutes to boot and after logging in I receive a message: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop...
  10. Windows 10 Updates Destroyed My Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Updates Destroyed My Desktop: I'm not sure this is the right forum. Microsoft has the worst customer feedback site. Here goes....Recently, I purchased a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 on it. I should I have waited and found another brand with Windows 8 still on it. Last week, as I was out of the room,...