Windows 10: Win 10 update has killed my Wifi and possibly my laptop

Discus and support Win 10 update has killed my Wifi and possibly my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello- I am having trouble with windows 10, after this latest update I cannot connect to known wifi networks. I tried resetting network settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BillGates8, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Win 10 update has killed my Wifi and possibly my laptop

Hello-

I am having trouble with windows 10, after this latest update I cannot connect to known wifi networks. I tried resetting network settings and restarting and this has only made it worse. Now the wifi tray that usually shows a list of networks look like this: Win 10 update has killed my Wifi and possibly my laptop [​IMG]

So I tried the troubleshooters, they did nothing

Win 10 update has killed my Wifi and possibly my laptop [​IMG]

Then I tried looking at the network properties

Then I tried to reset the network settings, this did nothing, then I tried resetting the drivers in the device manager

but this just broke the search function and did nothing

I made sure I was on a known network and this is what I see in the network connections

Doing the obvious thing , such as clicking on the connect to button only pop up the crippled wifi tray and then does nothing. I try to click diagnose connection, a troubleshooter pops up, says Troubleshooting cant identify the problem.

I dont know what else to do at this point, I am super frustrated and need this laptop working so I can study for my midterms which are next week. Help me please! The Laptops specs are AMD A10-7400P Radeon R6, 8 GB of RAM

:)

BillGates8, Feb 16, 2019

2. No WiFi availablities after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 on my HP laptop

After upgrading my HP laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the WiFi manager no longer lists available broadband connections which was previously working before since I was able to access the Win10 upgrade via the broadband connection. The Hot Spot is working
    fine and is listed correctly using my other Win 10 and UBUNTU based Toshiba laptops. Nothing I try will cause the available WiFi's to list as it did previously before upgrading to Win 10. I have tried everything, but the WiFi manager does not recognize any
    WiFi connections available. The HP laptop is properly showing the WiFi light turning to the blue color from orange as normal but it sees no available connections.

jamesmrivers, Feb 16, 2019
  3. m3110w Win User
    Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Win 10 update has killed my Wifi and possibly my laptop

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 update has killed my Wifi and possibly my laptop

1. Win 10 update has killed my Wifi and possibly my laptop - Similar Threads - update has killed

2. Windows Update 22H2 Kills my wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update 22H2 Kills my wifi: Yesterday I updated to the latest version of 22H2, all went well, and the PC rebooted but would not connect to the Internet. It told me there was no internet access and no Networks. When I checked the system, it did not show any Wi-Fi available. I have now restored the...
  3. Win 10 Killing my programs!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Killing my programs!: Win 10 lately been killing my background tasks/programs like geforce experience, Icue and other programs without asking anything, its just doing whatever the **** it wants what the heck?!...
  4. November update killing my laptop's ability to recognize wifi.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    November update killing my laptop's ability to recognize wifi.: Hello. I'm experiencing a big issue where the November update would outright remove my laptop's ability to recognize wifi. I've tried disabling/enabling my driver. Uninstalling my driver. Uninstalling the update which makes it so I can't turn off my laptop cause it just...
  5. Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed: On 11/14/19, I noticed that my wifi speed on my PC had dropped from pretty decent to dead slow. I'm talking ~1-2Mbps slow. That's dial-up speed. Over the next two days, I tested it many times, rebooted multiple times, adjusted the WiFi card's antennas multiple times, rebooted...
  6. Windows 10 update killed my Wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update killed my Wifi adapter: Hi One (fairly) recent Windows 10 update stopped my Wifi. However, all the fixes tell you to go into Device Manager and update the drivers. What do I do if it's gone from Device Manager (and is not hidden either) ? If it had stopped while I was working, I might have...
  7. Update killed my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update killed my laptop: So like many people my computer just updated and is now useless. All of fixes do not work for me. I cannot click anything. Windows +e just gives me that another error "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exists". My laptop was perfect before this update now...
  8. windows 10 updates killed my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 updates killed my laptop: My Asus F556U laptop (purchased new) came with Windows 10 pre-installed with no backup disk. I have the product ID only. During a recent attempt to install Windows 10 updates the Asus laptop has stopped working. I have tried system restore using three separate restore points....
  9. An update killed wifi on laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An update killed wifi on laptop: So one of my laptop's updated recently for Windows 10 and now wifi is not working at all. Troubleshooter has given the error "Wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration" on every connection I try. I've looked up what to do so i've tried all the typical netsh commands,...
  10. July 10 2018 Update killed my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    July 10 2018 Update killed my wifi: I updated Windows on my HP Envy 14 Notebook (product ID# J9L59US#ABA) yesterday, July 10, 2018. After the update was installed I shut down, and when I booted up this morning, I had no Wifi. Not that I couldn't connect to a network. WiFi is no longer an option on my laptop....