Windows 10: Win-10 Update issue and Group Policy

Discus and support Win-10 Update issue and Group Policy in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Had followed a tutorial on this forum and installed Win-10 and set up Data Partition on D:\. Did Win-10 update v.1803 some time back and got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nkaufman, Oct 8, 2018.

1. nkaufman Win User

Win-10 Update issue and Group Policy

Hello,

Had followed a tutorial on this forum and installed Win-10 and set up Data Partition on D:\.

Did Win-10 update v.1803 some time back and got the following error:
    Update for Windows Defender antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version 4.18.1809.2)
    Failed to install on ‎10/‎8/‎2018 - 0x8024001e

Clicking on the above (it was a link) led me to:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...lware-platform

that mentions:
    Because of a change in the file path location in the update, many downloads are blocked when AppLocker is enabled. To work around this issue, open Group Policy, and then change the setting to Allow for the following path:%OSDrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\*

Any ideas how to do the above? Detailed steps?

Thanks,

:)

nkaufman, Oct 8, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Gobbo Win User
    Win 10 Anniversary, automatic updates & Group Policy Settings

Hello, I've just installed KB3176929. Now I am running Windows 10 Education v1607, b14393.10.

Almost everything it's fine despite "Windows Update Settings" *Mad.

In the past I've used Local Group Policy Editor to tweak the settings and make Windows notify me when I need some update, without downloading or installing anything.

Now, in gpedit the relevant policy is still correct:

Win-10 Update issue and Group Policy [​IMG]

The problem is that in the Update section, under Settings it shows the following:

So it's clearly stated that download and installation will be executed without user intervention.
    Also Active hours button is also displayed, but I have never had this before Anniversary update.

Before this update my Update Settings screen was similar to this one:

What I have already tried to get back the previous behavior:
    1. set the policy Configure auto updates to not configured
    2. shut down and power up
    3. set the policy Configure auto updates to enabled & 2 = Notify before...
    4. manually checked for update
    5. reboot

I did not succeed.

Is this policy still applicable to Win 10 Edu?
    Have you any suggestions?

Many thanks Win-10 Update issue and Group Policy :)

P.S.: I am wondering if disabling active hours from registry can help or not.

Gobbo, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Win-10 Update issue and Group Policy

Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Win-10 Update issue and Group Policy

1. Win-10 Update issue and Group Policy - Similar Threads - Update issue Group

2. ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?

in Windows 10 Customization
    ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?: I can not get windows 10 Home group policy . how to ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOT TO WIN 10 HOME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-group-policy-editor-to-win-10-home/57e475e7-49a2-48df-a694-edf706b352f3
  3. ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?: I can not get windows 10 Home group policy . how to ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOT TO WIN 10 HOME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-group-policy-editor-to-win-10-home/57e475e7-49a2-48df-a694-edf706b352f3
  4. ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Group Policy - Windows Update issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Group Policy - Windows Update issue: Hi, I work for a university and we have our own WSUS server. My GPO gets the Windows Updates from this WSUS. Some of our computers download and install the updates but some of them need to be manually started to Download or Install. Please see the attached screenshots. I am...
  6. Group Policies not saving. Win 10 v2004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Group Policies not saving. Win 10 v2004: Hello, So I'm trying to disable anti virus, especially realtime protection, but every time I reboot, gpedit settings revert back to normal. Never had this issue before. I read some guy solved it by this method: did some digging and googling and found what caused it at...
  7. Local Group Policy Editor Win 10

Local Group Policy Editor Win 10: Hello, I need help with getting into Local Group Policy Editor In Windows 10 I tried the gpedit in Command Prompt Or gpedit.msc in Run Anything like that won't work, i don't really know how to get into there, i even searched it in Cortana. Still, nothing does anyone know how...
  8. ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?

ADD GROUP POLICY EDITOR TO WIN 10 HOME?: Is there a simple and safe way to install "Group Policy Editor gpedit.msc on my Win 10 Home Edition PC version 1909? I viewed an ItechTips article that had three methods, including a zip file installer didn't work another method with a powershell script, which was discouraged...
  9. Windows Group Policy Issues

Windows Group Policy Issues: Hello, it appears I have some Group Policy issues with my Windows installation. Just to clarify, I'm referring to the "*Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization." alert. I've just discovered them recently, here are some screenshots to demonstrate:...
  10. Win 10 Anniversary, automatic updates & Group Policy Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Anniversary, automatic updates & Group Policy Settings: Hello, I've just installed KB3176929. Now I am running Windows 10 Education v1607, b14393.10. Almost everything it's fine despite "Windows Update Settings" *Mad. In the past I've used Local Group Policy Editor​ to tweak the settings and make Windows notify me when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. to work around this issue open group policy and then change the setting to allow for the following path:

2. To work around this issue open Group Policy and then change the setting to Allow for the following path: %OSDrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\*

3. Group Policy and then change the setting to Allow for the following path

4. windows group policy allow %osdrive%\programdata\microsoft\windows defender\platform\*,
  5. group policy %OSDrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\*,
  6. issues with group policy update,
  7. to work around this issue open group policy and then change the setting to allow for the following path:%osdrive%\programdata\microsoft\windows defender\platform\*,
  8. GPO installation problems after upgrading to Windows 10.0.17134.285