Windows 10: Win 10 Update not working, says I need updaqtes, Click Check for updates but nothing happens

Discus and support Win 10 Update not working, says I need updaqtes, Click Check for updates but nothing happens in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Going to settings - updates it shows there are updates I need. I click on check updates and it churns a bit and stops. The last update I got was Dec.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by B_Mac, Dec 8, 2018.

1. B_Mac Win User

Win 10 Update not working, says I need updaqtes, Click Check for updates but nothing happens

Going to settings - updates it shows there are updates I need. I click on check updates and it churns a bit and stops. The last update I got was Dec. 6 looking at the history. I tried the repair tool - it said it fixed everything, still not working properly. I tried the Dism from cmd run as admin, nothing there. Tried a few other things suggested on various forums, nothing. Rather ironic that lots of folks would like to disable the updates and pick and choose, a feature MS won't allow, yet it kills itself. Somewhat humorous I suppose, and typical of that outfit.

I have not tried the clean install - and to those who suggest that might be necessary - really? Are you kidding me? Wasting a whole day saving and reloading everything is a bit rich don't you think to fix a problem MS created?

Is there a reasonable method to get Update working again? Or, since everything else works, maybe just leave it and forget it? I have 3rd party security and use FF for a browser, MS Office 2016 since 365 violates any kind of NDA agreement for business etc. I figure my hard drive plus backups are better than the cloud (which isn't really, but just somebody else's hard drive somewhere out there). MS is also not business friendly apart from the frustrations of having an operating system that is unreliable and prone to committing suicide or some other self-inflicted injury on a regular basis.

:)

B_Mac, Dec 8, 2018

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Win 10 1607 update

I did not even pay attention to this update until now.
    Just checked my update log and discovered at least 10 failed attempts to install it.
    Checking for updates manually showed that I'm up to date, though.

Now I simply downloaded an upgrade tool from MS and few minutes later it is already at 82%.

silentbogo, Dec 8, 2018
  4. DRDNA Win User

Win 10 Update not working, says I need updaqtes, Click Check for updates but nothing happens

Windows 10 Creators Update Available for Download

Not sure about the games you listed but no probs with Dirt Rally and benching heavensward-bench here for me. I'm going to test 3DMark too in a few minutes.

DRDNA, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Update not working, says I need updaqtes, Click Check for updates but nothing happens - Similar Threads - Update working says

2. Nothing happens when I click download in Windows Updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing happens when I click download in Windows Updates.: When I try to update my drivers and press download nothing happens. I don't even receive an ERROR message or anything.Please help me, Youtube videos aren't helping and I feel like I'm making it worse. This happened after I followed this tutorial out of fear my Windows would...
  3. Nothing happens when I click download in Windows Updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing happens when I click download in Windows Updates.: When I try to update my drivers and press download nothing happens. I don't even receive an ERROR message or anything.Please help me, Youtube videos aren't helping and I feel like I'm making it worse. This happened after I followed this tutorial out of fear my Windows would...
  4. Nothing happens when I click download in Windows Updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I click download in windows update and nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I click download in windows update and nothing happens?: So lately, my computer was slow so I updated it but now it says its ready for download and I can't even download it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-click-download-in-windows-update-and-nothing/4b995430-493b-4174-9bcc-8d5dd0455819
  6. I click download in windows update and nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I click download in windows update and nothing happens?: So lately, my computer was slow so I updated it but now it says its ready for download and I can't even download it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-click-download-in-windows-update-and-nothing/4b995430-493b-4174-9bcc-8d5dd0455819
  7. I click download in windows update and nothing happens?

8. Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens....

Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens....: I am in windows 10 pro, version 1909.This type of error came when i check for update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-youre-not-up-to-date-when-i/bb327f37-e87a-47cd-9fd9-3bfd3d946edc
  9. Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens.

Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens.: This happens when I check for update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-youre-not-up-to-date-when-i/3e68c2a7-be4d-457a-8fd2-700d0b03c6e6
  10. Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens....

Windows update says "You're not up to date", when I check for updates, nothing happens....: Here's a screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-says-youre-not-up-to-date-when-i/979f6901-fdae-49f2-9ba2-cef012fc137b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why when i click update nothing happens

2. nothng happens when i click on check for updates