Windows 10: Win 10 Update Service could not be started

Discus and support Win 10 Update Service could not be started in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Win 10 Update Service could not be started: System error 1114 a DLL initialization routine has failed. No malware/virus found SFC good Registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EdMcCauley, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Win 10 Update Service could not be started

Win 10 Update Service could not be started:

System error 1114 a DLL initialization routine has failed.

No malware/virus found
    SFC good
    Registry Repair run
    tried dozens of fixes from online sites

ran MajorGeeks tweaking.com windows repair which shutdown BITS, I was able to restart, and shutdown Windows Defender which will not restart.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated,

Tom

:)

EdMcCauley, Jan 2, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 2, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Win 10 Update Service could not be started :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Win 10 Update Service could not be started

Windows update service not starting.

Hi Diane,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following query:

• What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you have tried?

I suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run
    Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the steps below to runWindows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + S and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Windows Update.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

• Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Reset Windows update component.

I suggest you to refer “Manually reset Windows Update components” section of the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 3.

Method 3: DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management)

Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit Enter.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Update Service could not be started

1. Win 10 Update Service could not be started - Similar Threads - Update Service started

2. Microsoft Update Health Service - service could not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Update Health Service - service could not start: Hello, i have this error ever since i updated my PC to version 22631.2428. I don't know what this is and how to fix it.The errors say that a time-out happend waiting for the service and then an error saying it can't start due to it not responding correctly to the start...
  3. Microsoft Update Health Service - service could not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Update Health Service - service could not start: Hello, i have this error ever since i updated my PC to version 22631.2428. I don't know what this is and how to fix it.The errors say that a time-out happend waiting for the service and then an error saying it can't start due to it not responding correctly to the start...
  4. The Windows Audio service could not be started.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows Audio service could not be started.: My Laptop Just restarted and after the restart i found the Icon of Audio with that red X flag.when i click it tell me "The Audio Service is not running" when i try to restart it as Admin from Services or using CMD as administrator it does not work.i tried both solutions...
  5. The Windows Audio service could not be started.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows Audio service could not be started.: My Laptop Just restarted and after the restart i found the Icon of Audio with that red X flag.when i click it tell me "The Audio Service is not running" when i try to restart it as Admin from Services or using CMD as administrator it does not work.i tried both solutions...
  6. The Windows Audio service could not be started.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Defender Service Could Not Be Started

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Service Could Not Be Started: Split from this thread. windows defender problem show that the service couldn't be started please help this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-service-could-not-be-started/be1665ae-e9b4-4641-bc7f-94ca3200a6dd
  8. DHCP services could not start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DHCP services could not start: I’m having internet problems. I have an ethernet cable connected to my computer, however the internet icon has dissapered from my taskbar and I dont have internet at all. I think this has to do with the DHCP services. When I try to run the DHCP services I get an error....
  9. wuauserv ( windows update service) could not be started. Error in starting wuauserv service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wuauserv ( windows update service) could not be started. Error in starting wuauserv service: I was trying to resolve windows update error 0x80080005 and found a solution which says to stop first the wuauserv service but when i tried to do so in cmd I got : system32>net start wuauserv the wuauserv service could not be started A system error has occured System...
  10. Win 10 Update Service could not be started

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Update Service could not be started: Win 10 Update Service could not be started: System error 1114 a DLL initialization routine has failed. No malware/virus found SFC good Registry Repair run tried dozens of fixes from online sites ran MajorGeeks tweaking.com windows repair which shutdown BITS, I was able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the wuauserv service could not be started.

2. System Error 1114 dll update

3. 0x80070422 and error 1114 dll