Windows 10: Win 10 update strategy advice

Discus and support Win 10 update strategy advice in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, This is my first post as I am relatively new to Win 10 (don't ask). This is me: EditionWindows 10 Pro Version20H2 Installed on‎13/‎12/‎2020... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Netman, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Netman Win User

Win 10 update strategy advice

Hello All, This is my first post as I am relatively new to Win 10 (don't ask). This is me: EditionWindows 10 Pro Version20H2 Installed on‎13/‎12/‎2020 OS build19042.1052 Lats night my machine updated with KB 5004945 and promptly terminated my internet access. I had to do a system restore to recover ! I would prefer not to be a part of the Microsoft bug testing team, so I would seek any advice on how to minimise this sort of catastrophic occurrence. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks.

:)

Netman, Jul 8, 2021
  2. FGD135 Win User

Back up strategy

Hi

I have years of work accumulated on my Windows 7 computer in forest measurement spreadsheets. I back up every night to my cellphone, a zip drive, and a Western Digital external drive that's at least 15 years old.

I fear that when I have to make the move to Win 10 it won't recognize the external drive or the others.

Should I have a new backup strategy? An updated external drive or other device? The "cloud"?

Thanks for your advice.

FGD135, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Win 10 update strategy advice

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 update strategy advice

1. Win 10 update strategy advice - Similar Threads - update strategy advice

2. Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!: HiBit of a long start but I feel it's justified, as I hope you will see.I used Win7 and backed up by copying the Windows partition to another removable hard drive. Whenever Windows stopped working I could easily replace the non-working installation with the latest backup and...
  3. Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!: HiBit of a long start but I feel it's justified, as I hope you will see.I used Win7 and backed up by copying the Windows partition to another removable hard drive. Whenever Windows stopped working I could easily replace the non-working installation with the latest backup and...
  4. Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 update strategy advice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 update strategy advice: Hello All, This is my first post as I am relatively new to Win 10 (don't ask). This is me: EditionWindows 10 Pro Version20H2 Installed on‎13/‎12/‎2020 OS build19042.1052 Lats night my machine updated with KB 5004945 and promptly terminated my internet access. I had to do a...
  6. Browsers for Win 10 advice

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers for Win 10 advice: Win 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.685 All browsers mentioned are the very latest, up to date. I seem to be constantly on the search for the 'perfect' browser! For a long time, I found that Edge was great but it began to cause odd issues on some sites. So I went with Google Chrome....
  7. Backup strategy advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup strategy advice: Hi there, I would like to ask some of you for advice on how to make better backups for my Windows 10 PC. Right now I have the file history tool set up for important things like documents and such. However, there's also some stuff that I don't need to be saved in multiple...
  8. Windows 10 Updates Strategy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Strategy: Hello, I am fairly new to Windows 10 and its update nuances. I was unwillingly drug away from Win7 when support was dropped and am having to completely change my update strategy. I recently upgraded my Win10 Home to Win10 Pro to gain more control over forced updates. I have...
  9. Problems with Windows 10 account (advice and strategy needed)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with Windows 10 account (advice and strategy needed): Hi, W10 Pro, Version 1909 Build 18363.476 I will try to keep this brief but be patient please. I have 3 devices sharing my windows profile, pc, mobile and xbox one. All was great until my office 365 and outlook stopped syncing. I did my best to resolve it and ultimately got...
  10. Advice Re. B/up Strategies Using OneDrive for Business Appreciated...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Advice Re. B/up Strategies Using OneDrive for Business Appreciated...: Hi all. I'm running Win 10 on a good spec laptop. Also Office 365 Business Premium, single seat. This latter may (?) have some implications for the approach adopted - the OneDrive for Business application it includes is different to the desktop version (it stores the...