Windows 10: Win 10 update stuck in restart

Discus and support Win 10 update stuck in restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received the update notifivation last Thu. (14-Feb-19). After installation, it went to restart stage, however, it was stuck after log-in and reported... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BKing_126, Feb 16, 2019.

1. BKing_126 Win User

Win 10 update stuck in restart

I received the update notifivation last Thu. (14-Feb-19). After installation, it went to restart stage, however, it was stuck after log-in and reported Windows Explorer has no response during personalized setting. I have tried to call up the task manager but it did not work. I have retarted several but have still experienced the same problem. Does anyone can give help?

:)

BKing_126, Feb 16, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Win 10 1607 update

Yep, mine stuck at 97%. Then I cleaned out the update, restarted... stuck at 45%.
    So, I manually downloaded the KB3189866 from windows catalog site, ran it and it worked.

95Viper, Feb 16, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Win 10 update stuck in restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Win 10 update stuck in restart

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 update stuck in restart

1. Win 10 update stuck in restart - Similar Threads - update stuck restart

2. Win 11 stuck in restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 stuck in restart loop: after a windows update my windows 11 stuck in a restart loop. I did all option in WINRE except the reset because I didn't have it, even I changed the 2 folders name SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2, and tried the SFC , chdsk fix boot fix mbr ect and entering safemode with...
  3. Win 11 stuck in restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 stuck in restart loop: after a windows update my windows 11 stuck in a restart loop. I did all option in WINRE except the reset because I didn't have it, even I changed the 2 folders name SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2, and tried the SFC , chdsk fix boot fix mbr ect and entering safemode with...
  4. Stuck in Win 10 logo reboot screen following restart to load update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Win 10 logo reboot screen following restart to load update.: My Surface laptop is stuck on logo screen with the circle after win10 update -- it won't run/load the update. Tried dozens of power on/off combos. Still Stuck. The greyish circle under the logo begins to fill with blue pixels. Starts at 12 0'clock and runs until 1pm imagine a...
  5. Stuck in Win 10 logo reboot screen following restart to load update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Win 10 logo reboot screen following restart to load update.: My Surface laptop is stuck on logo screen with the circle after win10 update -- it won't run/load the update. Tried dozens of power on/off combos. Still Stuck. The greyish circle under the logo begins to fill with blue pixels. Starts at 12 0'clock and runs until 1pm imagine a...
  6. Stuck in Win 10 logo reboot screen following restart to load update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Update stuck at “Restarting”??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update stuck at “Restarting”??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/StarFruit2001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kyy9e6/update_stuck_at_restarting/
  8. Windows 10 update stuck on restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update stuck on restarting: I’m on mobile right now so I apologize for the formatting I’ll correct when I can get my computer actually up and running again… I just got a update for windows 10 and was notified of it and rather than put it off until in the evening when I want to go to bed like as I...
  9. Win 10 laptop stuck at restarting everytime

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 laptop stuck at restarting everytime: Hello, When I try to restart my win 10 laptop, It stuck at restarting every time. It doesn't restart and I have to force shutdown the laptop. Awaiting a solution....
  10. Win 10 stuck in update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 stuck in update: Hi guys, yesterday noticed that win started to auto update. Today i wake up and win was stuck with the information 100% concluded. Dont disconnect computer. [img] What to do now. Thanks guys 56695